La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
MVC Eagle Beach(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
La Quinta Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
Costa Linda Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
View Hotel
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
1,618 results
All reviewsislander grillgrocery storepata pata barlas ramblas restaurantsbarro pizzahappy hourpool areatime sharehigh rise areatimeshare exchangesuper foodsone bedroom unitsmall kitchenfull kitchennice poolrented a cardirectly across the street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013

La Cabana is a great resort. We were fortunate to be able to stay at a friends Time share who were unable to make it April 9th to the 16th. The room was very clean. The kitchen and bathroom were recently updated and spacious. The bedroom decor was dated, but we assume the renovations are a work in progress. A higher thread count on sheets would be a nice touch. All the staff were very nice, friendly and informative. There is a super market steps away from the resort if you wanted to stay in. We choose to dine out every night(we are on vacation. Haha). All of the restaurants we dined at were lovely. Highly recommend taking a short cab ride to Palm Beach. 2 Fools and a Bull is the absolute best dining experience. They have reservations for over a year. We were very fortunate to get put on the wait list. When they called we were so excited. You won't be disappointed. We also dined at very nice restaurants in walking distance of the resort. The atmosphere is perfect for baby boomers looking to have a good time.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This review is a little overdue. We stayed at the La Cabana for a week in April 2012, where we celebrated our first wedding anniversary. The beach is absolutely gorgeous. We took our time getting to the beach in the morning since we'd go to the gym and make breakfast in the room and had no issues getting chairs with shade by 10. The pool and happy hour in the late afternooon was nice. We had a ground level room which was perfect to walk right out to the pool. We just loved Aruba. We made awesome friends and had a fabulous vacation! We can't wait to return to Aruba soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is our 4th visit to Lacabana. we are Blue green owners. I have watched this resort grow and change since bluegreen became a part of it. The renovations that have taken place are wonderful. There is a reason why so many regulars keep returning every year. They are owners. Some of these original owners have been coming for 15 years or longer. This resort is a older resort that when originally built the rooms lay out was not the best planned. Yes in the one bedroom units on the 2nd through 4th floor it is true you do walk through the bedroom to get in and out. The ground floor units you can come and go through the patio door. (Hint # 1 this is one of the reasons why I prefer ground floor to the 2nd 3rd and 4th floor units) However you can not change that problem with out making the rooms alot smaller by making a hallway to walk through to get out. I travel with family and good friends and we all know this is how it is. I would rather have the space of the rooms. So if this would bother you then this is not the place for you. So given how old the property is and what they had to work with for the new renovations, I thought they did a very nice job. Can you hear the doors at night shutting and people walking on the outside corridor past your bedroom. the answer is yes (hint #2 there are some rooms that even though the bedroom is still to the outside wall of the corridors they have a door on that corridor that can only be accessed with a room key which makes these rooms a bit quieter and less traveled past.) But again given the original lay out of the resort with out tearing it completely down, this situation could not be changed either. I just bring my I pod and if its noisier than usual I put it on to help block out the noise. I guess I look at it like this if you stay in a hotel there is noise there too. To me the most important things in a resort are cleaniness and maintainance. Both of which are very well done at this resort. It can take maintainance a bit longer sometimes but it does get done. If you are having a issue be persistant and flexiable. But do not be nasty. There is a difference and it does work.( Hint # 3. In many of my travels I have found that sometimes it is merely a language barrier that staff do not always understand what we would like. Be patient and find someone who can help you with your problem and yet be able to communicate with their staff as well. It works wonders.) The changes that have been done at the resort are tastefully done trying to bring the resort more up to date .The pool is very large and nice. How ever it is true that alot of the regulars do save tables and chairs and get up very early to do this. It can be irratating. I was told if a space is not occupied for an hour or longer you can get the security guard and they will remove the items. This has been an on going problem for as long as I have been going to La cabana. This problem does need to have a better solution. They now have waitresses that come around by the pool so that is nice.. If you prefer the beach it is only a short walk across the street not hard to get to. The traffic always stops. Beautiful beach. The only problem I had with some of the staff was at the desk that was for information and tours. Not real helpful. And a bit short with me. Maybe I just got someone who was having a bad day. That is the only problem I encountered with staff since I have been going here. The pata pata bar does Happy hour 2 for 1 drinks. and has bands to come in and play.There is not a lot of night life here. usually the pool is closed by 9pm and the bar is closed by 10pm sometimes later. But they do have a casino on site. so there is a bar in the casino as well and entertainment there at night. I have eaten at the islander grill. It does not have a overly big selection on the menu. We went there on rib night. the food and staff where fine.I have not tried their breakfast menu though. I have not yet tried the other restaurant Los Ramblas so can't comment on it. We do use the outdoor gas grills at the resort alot to cook our own food. The kitchens have just about everything you need. Or we have tried other restaurants. The Italian one Sole mare was wonderful lots of choices and no differently priced than alot of the others. Just the drinks are a bit pricey.$10 a drink. We have gone to madame Janettes frequently. But the last time we were there the quality of the food was not as good as it use to be. and it got a lot priceier for the amount of food so we are moving on. Amadeus another place we tried, the menu is smaller but the food was good there. There are many restaurants to chose from in the high rise and along the way. We have eaten at Tony Romas we have always had good food the service is a bit slower though. these are just a few I thought I would mention. Yes they have built a new superfood grocery store closer to the resort. It is good just to run and get things .But I still prefer Ling & Sons grocery store for my larger shopping not as hectic and produce seems fresher.just my opinion. We always have a rental car to get around so this is not a problem. If anyone wants to know more i will try and help.

Room Tip: the best are the 2 bedroom ocean front units but their are only 16 so they are hard to get. next are the pool side units I prefer the ground floor you don't have a view of the ocean but great for easy access to everything. then are garden views if you like quieter units with out a view these will be for you. the ground floor units with patios next to elevators the patios seem to be alot warmer in the afternoon because the breeze is more blocked.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank katrinkaWisconsin
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We just returned from our trip to Aruba. The resort was perfect for us. We had a one bedroom. The layout is a little weird, as has been stated on this thread before. You walk into the bedroom from the hallway. The bathroom is good sized and nice. the kitchen/family room are adequately sized for a family. I enjoyed getting to sit on the balcony in the mornings. They did not have coffee or tea like some of the other condos we have stayed in through Blue Green, so bring your own. We LOVED the location. The beach was fabulous! We spent a lot of time at the pool, which was also great. It is hard to get a chair by the pool. I was amused one early morning when I couldn't sleep (4:30 am) and I looked out the window and saw several men weighted down with beach bags going to put towels and things on chairs to reserve them for their groups. They would all gang up and save seats for each other. Security says they remove items after 1.5 hours, but I only saw that happen once. But just get up a little early and go down. It was worse on the weekends. By Tuesday and Wednesday, it wasn't so bad. There were at least spots available. We certainly had a fabulous time at this resort. We will definitely be coming back. I would highly recommend it. There was some construction, but it did not interfere with our trip. We really did not hear anything early in the morning or anything. There is a Sbarro and some other restaurants on site. The Dunken Donuts and Baskin Robbins is at the Tropics, right in front of the resort. We went to Passions on the Beach for dinner (right beside the hotel) so it was the perfect location as well. We really enjoyed this.

2  Thank snowteacher
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just returned from our 4th visit to this resort. We love the studio rooms with full kitchens. A new grocery store has been built very close by so that eating in is easier than ever. Love how low key this resort is and recent renovations and updates have improved the property. Easy access to Eagle Beach rounds out the experience. Friendly and helpful staff abound.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side can be a little noisy but the views are better.
2  Thank BWSiegenthaler