My husband and I stayed here in August through a timeshare exchange. First the cons: The hallway and the room had a musky smell but there is a lot of construction going on (painting the hallways, tile border going up, etc...) so perhaps we were just not there during the best time. We were not able to put our clothes away in the dresser (that was the source of the moldy smell) and kept them in our luggage all week. The pool is very loud in the afternoon so if you have a day you want to take a nap (like after an early island tour) , take it before happy hour begins. Now the Pros: The pool was great. Plenty of chairs available every time we went. The bar was great- especially during happy hour when you get two for one drinks. The kitchen in the room saved us enough money to book an extra excursion. We had breakfast and lunch in the room (or packed sandwiches and took them to the beach with us) and really only ate dinner out most of our stay. I thought the service was wonderful. Our coffee maker didn't work and as soon as I called someone came and replaced it with a new one within five minutes. The front desk helped us when we had a problem with our credit card and needed to call the company. The guest service staff remembered our names and joked with us that we were the couple that came as two last time and left as three (My husband and I had been to Aruba 3 years earlier and became pregnant with our son). Housekeeping really cleans! I am crazy about cleanliness and really appreciated that they did such a great job. They even ran the dishwasher for us so we came back to clean dishes in the dishwasher. The view from the patio was great. We had room 306B and loved it. Overall, we really enjoyed La Cabana. We didn't bring kids on this trip but it would have been a good place to bring them too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service, mixed use 449 room hotel/vacation ownership casino resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HotelPower so you can book your La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club Hotel Oranjestad
- La Cabana Beach And Racquet Club
- La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach