La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino
$349
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$287
$160
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$369
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$261
$209
HolidayInn.com
$289
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$593
$464
  • Pool
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$315
$295
Orbitz.com
$260
$249
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$110
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$632
$569
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
1,632 results
All reviewsislander grillgrocery storepata pata barlas ramblas restaurantsbarro pizzahappy hourpool areatime sharehigh rise areatimeshare exchangesuper foodsone bedroom unitsmall kitchenfull kitchennice poolrented a cardirectly across the street
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We just returned from a week stay. The location was great, Eagle Beach is much nicer than the high rise area at Palm Beach, not as commercial and more room to spread out and walk the beach. Our room faced the pool with a small balcony. The staff was very pleasant and we were surprised that the bar area was a lively as it was. If you are looking for a quite, romantic place this might not be what you are looking for but otherwise we were very happy. I have read the comments about the shade huts on the beach but I believe that is a common problem as all resorts in the area. At one hotel on Palm beach you have to line up for two hours to reserve one for the next day. All in all a great vacation spot.

PS Passions dining on the beach is right next door and is a very special evening

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie R
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I've never been to a Blue Green Resort, and after staying at La Cabana, I never will. After staying there one week, my good memories of Aruba and Eagle Beach were shattered. The hotel is huge with over 400 rooms. It is loud and everywhere you go it's crowded. We felt like we were on a cruise ship with no way to get off. The hotel next door, The Amsterdam Manor with 2 very nice restaurants was our only refuge until we rented a car and headed to the beach by the Marriott (which was much quieter) .

The concierges at La Cabana repeatedly steered us to the wrong restaurants and activities. For example, they encouraged us to go on a "romantic" sunset cruise. My husband and I had already been on a snorkeling cruise where they served hard liquor and blasted us with music that sounded like it was coming from a boom box in the middle of Detroit (hardly like being on a happy island). When we said no, she said this cruise would be different. I asked it they served beer and wine because neither of us drinks hard liquor. She said that they did. As it turned out, the music was the same as the snorkel cruise, there was no beer and wine and the crew were the only ones drinking, dancing and having fun.

The prices at the stores at La Cabana were much higher than at the stores at the hotels on Palm Beach. For example I had to pay $25 for a can of Austalian Gold continuous spray at the mini mart at La Cabana. At the Marriott it was only $18.

The rooms themselves were not bad. The hotel's interior was recently refurbished. However, the outside was awful. There is a lot of unsightly construction equipment all around the hotel but the entire time we were there, I didn't see any painting or repair work done so I doubt they'll be done with it until the end of the summer, if then. Our room which we were unable to change had a balcony facing toward a back lot behind the Amsterdam Manor with virtually no view of the water unless you have binoculars. It was so far away from the pool and beach and everything else that we hardly ever went back to the room during the day.

This is a place to avoid.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Capitano2
Joe N, General Manager at La Cabana Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Good Day Capitano2 and thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback regarding your recent stay at La Cabana.
Your stay coincided with the Easter Hoilday and indeed our "public" beaches do get crowded during that period due to higher occupancy and the traditional campers on Eagle Beach.
I hope that you have at least enjoyed the waters of Eagle Beach, named 2nd best Beach in the World by Trip Advisor.
I did address the issue you had with the Concierge misleading you about the sunset cruise and I have asked the Dept's Manager to re-train the staff and refresh all material relating to these and other activities.
As you may have noticed, we are in the midst of several renovation projects (rooftop, painting of building exterior, ocean front suites, interior corridors and more) which are scheduled through early 2013. I know that both Bluegreen as well as our exchange company have the renovation information and relate it with every reservation made. My apologies if you were not informed in advance about it.
I understand how important it is for us to live up to your vacation expectations, knowing that you had the choice to stay anywhere else but chose La Cabana instead.
I also realize that we may not be able to change the impression you've had during your recent stay but I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and show you our renovated product and the outstanding genuine service that our associates are known to provide.
As a gesture of good faith for the inconveniences you've experienced, I would like to offer you 2 free nights stay (room and tax) valid through April 30th, 2013.
Please email me in advance and I'll personally handle your reservation.
Kind Regards,
Joe Najjar
La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed at this resort with our family of six in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. The unit consisted of a one bedroom that was connected to a studio. The studio was actually more spacious in feel and appeared to be similar in square footage to the one bedroom. We had two kitchens, two pullout sofas and two large beds. Overall, it was smaller than most Bluegreen two bedrooms we have stayed in and did not have an in unit washer/dryer, although there were two washer/dryers on each floor.

The pros: the unit has daily maid service, which was excellent. La Cabana is extremely clean. There is a very large pool with a water slide and hot tub. There is also a shallow pool for children. The bar has 2 for 1 happy hour twice a day and the siren goes off to remind you of this. My children enjoyed trying a variety of virgin daiquiries at the 2 for 1 price. This is a very lively resort, with frequent entertainment by the pool/bar area, including local bands, karaoke and bingo, which has a very high participation rate.

The resort is across the street from the beach. La Cabana also has a bar on the beach. All cars stop for pedestrians as you cross. The beach is spectacular, with soft white sand and fish swimming near the shore. You can rent a variety of watercraft, including banana boats, jet skis and tubes. There are several palapas on the beach. It is true that many people rise early to get the choicest spots, however, we found that by mid afternoon, many palapas were vacant. As my family consists of late risers, finding a palapa in the afternoon was not a problem most days. The palapas are very important, as the sun is extremely hot. There is no humidity, but very strong sun.

There are two restaurants on property, Las Ramblas and The Islander Grill. There are also several restaurants in walking distance from the resort and it is close to a bus stop as well. You can take the bus to the downtown/grocery store area or to the high rise area where there are even more restaurants. All the staff is extremely friendly and the ladies at the concierge desk went out of their way to be helpful and to get us the rental car we wanted.

The cons: The major con is that the resort is under renovation and unfortunately we were given a unit at the back of the resort, where the renovation was in full view. However, once the resort is fully renovated, we will very much look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view or ocean view room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FourGreatKids
Reviewed April 4, 2012

For those who have gone to some of the BlueGreen resorts in the past, you may have been disappointed in either the accomodation or the location. This one has BOTH. The rooms are newly remodelled (similar to those at the Club 36 in Las Vegas) and it is right on the beach. They have everything you need onsight, taxis are always around or the bus comes right to the back. Very convenient. I agree with the reviews that say some guests are selfish; once I got up at 5am to see if i could get a cabana on the beach - and most of them were filled! One complaint - the mattresses are terrible!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the convenience of having a ground floor room near the pool - easy access to our "stuff" so we didn't have to cart everything with us.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mcruane
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We were fortunate to be able to go to this time share with friends and relatives it is a 3 to 3 1/2

star property. It has had a make over but they are still working on the property. Some of the

Negatives you have to get up between 430 am &530 am to get a cabana or a table with umbrella around the pool. Other than that the place is clean and the staff friendly. Great restaurants in the towns. Loved the seafood. Also you must walk across a highway to get to the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms with even number face ocean odd numbers parking lot
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family