“Nothing special”

Amazonia Churrascaria
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Whether you have a large appetite or you like diversity in food; whether you follow a low-carb or a low-fat diet. At Amazonia Churrascaria our ongoing goal is to exceed your dinner expectations! Enjoy endless pleasure of 15 different cuts of rotisserie roasted meats including beef, pork, lamb and poultry; our 40-item fresh seasonal salad bar; signature side dishes including fried bananas, homemade cheese bread, garlic bread, fried polenta, fried yucca, garlic mashed potatoes and three homemade sauces (Herb sauce, Brazilian Vinaigrette and Horseradish). Or try our A La Carte Menu. New at Amazonia Churrascaria: Pasta Formaggio, made table-side by our Chef in a giant wheel cheese, flamed with whiskey!
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We went to Amazonia on the recommendation of the concierge at our resort. The comment was, if you need to decide between Amazonia and Texas de Brazil, Amazonia is better because the meat is seasoned better, which makes it taste so much better. Well, I think the concierge may have got it backwards.

First off, the restaurants atmosphere is nice and the decor is nice. We were greeted and seated promptly. We did have an earlier reservation, so it was easy for them to serve us. We were then greeted quickly by the wait staff.

I was urged by the waiter to order a cocktail, so I did. It was in a very small glass and was mostly ice, so I was not impressed with it. As with other Churrascaria's, we were offered the salad bar as our first course. I was disappointed in the variety. The bar is very small and had few items. It was truly a salad bar, where in other similar places, there are several meat/cheese/shellfish options as well.

The meats started to come and they were OK, nothing to brag about. I tried several meats. I felt that the seasoning was minimal, if at all. So I was wondering about the recommendation we received. You do have the green/red object to tell them whether you want more, but the guys seemed to ignore this completely. Several times when we just wanted to stop receiving more meat and actually try to eat some, the guys kept coming over and trying to feed us more.

We happened to have been seated near a corner wall. This seemed to be the hangout for all of the waitstaff, as we had at least 3, but sometimes as many as 6 waitstaff standing right next to our table having conversations. It was not overly annoying, but was something we could have done without.

We decided to go to Texas de Brazil a few nights later and had a much better overall experience, and the meats were so much more flavorful. I think I will stick to Texas de Brazil.

1  Thank MarriottVacClubOwner

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We choose this restaurant for new years dinner and we were not disappointed. 20 of us had a great time;salad bar was great,soups were excellent,meats were cooked to perfection and a lot of it,sangrias were sooooo good and deserts omg yaaaaam.Service was excellent, fast and very friendly. Two thumbs up. Keep up the good work;best food in Aruba.MUST GO

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I ate here in October 2013 and again in December 2013. After reading some of the other reviews, I'm confused why some people did not enjoy their experience here. The service is great and the restaurant manager keeps the place in check, ensures things go smoothly and that you are enjoying your eating experience.

I will agree, however, that despite the claim to "45 different types of meat" or whatever the amount was, I can attest that I definitely didn't see that many differing meat sorts. The house special meats were awesome and of good flavor. The lamb was ok/border good but we're really picky about what constitutes good lamb. The highlight of the skewers was the grilled pineapple. The guy walking that skewer was the room's best friend. He was called left and right for attention almost the whole night; it was funny.

In addition to the all-you-can-eat meat, you get a bowl of plantains, cassava and something else. I didn't like the plantains, but ordered 3 refills of the other two items in the bowl.

The salad bar was average, nothing special. A lot of bean-like, salady things on one side and nothing special really on the other. I got a small ladle-full of the seafood bisque (was yummy), but didn't want to spoil my appetite from the meat to come.

We are 2 for 2 at this restaurant and will go back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Food was excellent and the service impeccable. The waiters were charming and fun. It was truly a memorable, great experience that our family will never forget.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

After enjoying happy hour on the beach we decided to try and get into Amazonia at the last minute; not an easy task on Christmas Eve. Luckily, we made the first seating and enjoyed a feast of roasted red meats.

The salad bar was extensive and included soups, prepared salads and the make your own salad fixings but don't waste stomach volume on that stuff, the meats are what you're there for.......,,

First up are ribs and chicken drumsticks, these are good but pale in comparison to what lies ahead. Sample the lamb, but leave room for the porterhouse, short ribs and fillet mignon. There are a few other choices too, maybe 15 in all that you'll want to try, so go hungry and pace yourself.

Though we didn't realize it, our 5:30 pm meal qualified for the early bird special. With a couple of sodas in the group and a couple of caipirinhas, the bill was about $265 for 5 people. Not bad for an all you can eat ton of tasty food and salad bar!