“Good, but not great”

Amazonia Churrascaria
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Whether you have a large appetite or you like diversity in food; whether you follow a low-carb or a low-fat diet. At Amazonia Churrascaria our ongoing goal is to exceed your dinner expectations! Enjoy endless pleasure of 15 different cuts of rotisserie roasted meats including beef, pork, lamb and poultry; our 40-item fresh seasonal salad bar; signature side dishes including fried bananas, homemade cheese bread, garlic bread, fried polenta, fried yucca, garlic mashed potatoes and three homemade sauces (Herb sauce, Brazilian Vinaigrette and Horseradish). Or try our A La Carte Menu. New at Amazonia Churrascaria: Pasta Formaggio, made table-side by our Chef in a giant wheel cheese, flamed with whiskey!
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to Amazonia with reservations and they tried to put us outside and then at a tiny table near the door even though concierge made reservations for us indoors. Finally got a decent table inside after complaining. Food overall was good, some things better than others. Definitely need to with a large appetite.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We dined at Amazonia on our trip recently. The location is good, easy to walk from the Hyatt and most of the other hotels on the beach. They have indoor and patio dining. We sat outside. Some of the food was great, and some was poor. The sirloin, lamb, and ribs were not great. The chicken, filet, and picanha was good. The salad bar was ok, but I think you would find better at the other churascarria in town. I ordered the crème brulee for dessert, and it was terrible (and I love dessert, so it has to be bad for me to not finish it).

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The food was flavorful and the service was great. One of my children didn't like all the options but the frequent rounds of food made up for that!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I will admit this was my first experience with a Brazilian steakhouse, so part of my pleasure with this place might have just been excitement at the concept.

It's a flat price - $45pp, which is unlimited salad bar, soups and meat. The salad bar has like 60 things on it, including things like pasta and deviled eggs. But if you are loading up at the salad bar you came to the wrong restaurant.

The staff bring around like 15 different cuts of meat - filet mignon, garlic steak, leg of lamb, ribs, etc - and give you as much as you want. They are more or less continually circulating, so there is always more coming at you. You sit there and eat all the meat you want, and they just keep offering until you tell them to stop.

Not all of the meats were equally well-prepared, but there were easily 6 cuts that were seasoned and cooked perfectly and we ate like medieval kings until we weren't sure we would be able to stand up and walk out.

If you are an avowed carnivore, come eat here. The overall experience was fantastic.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I dined there twice on our trip to Aruba last year and had it on our list of restaurants that we could count on for dealing with her gluten-free dietary constraints. Last night we made the trek from Oranjestad up to Palm Beach for our carnivore extravaganza, and it did not disappoint. My wife was delighted to learn that the pumpkin soup on the salad bar was safe for her to consume, and frankly, "blown away" that she could also eat the cheese rolls that were served with our meal. She was somewhat suspicious however because she said they tasted too good to be gluten-free. Bottom line, the meats were superb, the salad sensational, and the roasted pineapple to die for. We will be making another trip to Amazonia before heading back home.

A hearty "well done" to the entire staff at Amazonia!