“I entered a carnivore and left a vegan”
Review of Amazonia Churrascaria - CLOSED

Amazonia Churrascaria
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Whether you have a large appetite or you like diversity in food; whether you follow a low-carb or a low-fat diet. At Amazonia Churrascaria our ongoing goal is to exceed your dinner expectations! Enjoy endless pleasure of 15 different cuts of rotisserie roasted meats including beef, pork, lamb and poultry; our 40-item fresh seasonal salad bar; signature side dishes including fried bananas, homemade cheese bread, garlic bread, fried polenta, fried yucca, garlic mashed potatoes and three homemade sauces (Herb sauce, Brazilian Vinaigrette and Horseradish). Or try our A La Carte Menu. New at Amazonia Churrascaria: Pasta Formaggio, made table-side by our Chef in a giant wheel cheese, flamed with whiskey!
Wilmington, North Carolina
“I entered a carnivore and left a vegan”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a big fan of churrascarias and enjoy dining in them. I hope this miserable experience doesn't sour me on this concept of dining in general. The salad bar is a big blah, while they claim to have 50 items on it, none were worthy of note. The usual salad bar items raw veggies, tuna salad, devil eggs, two soups etc - not the reason you are there paying $45 per person. The reason you go to a churrascaria is that you want overwhelming portions of meat, beef in particular. The parade starts out with usual parade of chicken legs, wings and pork ribs - the wings are cooked with a tomatoe BBQ sauce not in the churrascaria style. Next comes the sausage, chunks of turkey etc - this is warm up food, I am wondering where's the beef? Now the beef starts to arrive, prime rib, rib eye, short ribs, pieces of beef slathered with garlic. Well it's all inedible shoe leather has a more user friendly chewing consistency. My plate is beginning to develop a huge pile of fat, grizzle, and inedible scraps of meat. Iam offered a clean plate which I accept. The parade of junk meats starts over from the beginning and am just waving them off. Finally, some one aska if I have special requests I name three beefs and ask if they have any lamb. The parade of junk meats starts for a third time and so does the waving off. Finally they come out with Alegre of lamb, it looks slimey, smells funny and appears to be left over from last Easter. Now comes the meats I requested, and the cutters slice a miniscule tidbit and walk away. Even these meats are full of fat and grizzle and I have a new huge junk pile on my plate. We repeat this farce one more time and I ask for the check and leave.

Now I know how my dogs feel when I give them table scraps and no real food. Considering Amazonia charges the same as Texas De Brazil, I know where I will go in the future, but it is going to take a while to get over this truly miserable meal.

Brooksville, Florida, United States
“Come on, Aruba, you can do better!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have eaten at several Brazilian steak houses. This was our least favorite.

The atmosphere was nice, and we sat outside. The Aruban winds were pleasant and lead to a beautiful night that was quite enjoyable.

But, on to the restaurant. My wife warned me away from the sushi as she didn't feel that it looked safe. The meat was ok, but under seasoned (it is supposed to be salty!) and several pieces had an off-taste to me. There was also the fact that they were underprepared. Yes, at 7 pm we were a little early for the dinner rush, but we had to wait, and wait, for meat to show up. Then it was frequently the same thing. I know I saw the same leg of lamb a half dozen times and, the last time it showed up, it was looking pretty haggard. It wasn't until we were leaving that the sausages made an appearance. one of my usual favorites, but I will never know here.

The manager that everyone says comes round to check on everything must have been off this Tuesday night. A shame. I am sure he would have made some improvements.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Another great meal at Amazonia”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We ate here 3 months ago and had a great evening (See review:Meat restaurant for vegetarians!) so after a few other not so great offerings this trip, we decided to head back to Amazonia. Got there to take advantage of their "Early bird" pricing. Staff is professional and courteous. Food at the salad bar was fresh, plentiful and tasty. Once again the chef went out of his way to accommodate my being a vegetarian and gluten-free. My husband savored each morsel of meat that arrived and the accompanying mashed potatoes and plantains tasted homemade. Everyone takes great pride in working there and Patrick, the GM makes everyone feel welcomed. We'll be back!

Leawood, Kansas
“Changes”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great restaurant but need to add back the bacon-wrapped sirloin, which was our favorite. Very disappointed it was no longer offered.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ClaudeAld
aruba
“Amazonia”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It's an all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse with about 15 to 20 choices of meat.Dinning could be in or outdoor. There is a great salad bar before the main course. The food was excellent. Try the grilled pineapples and the Picanha. The service was good. We recommend this restaurant if you are a meatlover.

• Visited December 2012