“Too much Salt” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amazonia Churrascaria - CLOSED

Amazonia Churrascaria
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Whether you have a large appetite or you like diversity in food; whether you follow a low-carb or a low-fat diet. At Amazonia Churrascaria our ongoing goal is to exceed your dinner expectations! Enjoy endless pleasure of 15 different cuts of rotisserie roasted meats including beef, pork, lamb and poultry; our 40-item fresh seasonal salad bar; signature side dishes including fried bananas, homemade cheese bread, garlic bread, fried polenta, fried yucca, garlic mashed potatoes and three homemade sauces (Herb sauce, Brazilian Vinaigrette and Horseradish). Or try our A La Carte Menu. New at Amazonia Churrascaria: Pasta Formaggio, made table-side by our Chef in a giant wheel cheese, flamed with whiskey!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Too much Salt”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wife and I went to dinner at Amazonia and we where ready to eat. The resturant is nice and staff on the ball. Nice salad bar, but we thought all of the meat was very saltly. Expensive, just like everything in Aruba. Other guests we talked to said the Texan restarant with the same concept is better, wish we would have went there.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“THE best Churrascaria in Aruba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We tried Amazonia and Texas the B in the same week. The difference is clear. Amazonia has a better and larger buffet and better quality. Especially the sushi is much better.
The meat is also les salty/ healthier and therefore tastier, you can taste the difference and quality of the different meats better. The general manager was very pleasant and professional.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Eric H
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Meat Lover's Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

When we went for dinner, we were seated at a table on the outdoor patio, providing us a chance to enjoy the breeze. The restaurant is located in the heart of the traffic and lights of Palm Beach, but they do a nice job with the trees and landscaping to offer a sense of privacy. Our 6:00pm reservations must have been early compared to most guests because the restaurant was nearly empty when we arrived but full when we left a few hours later.

It’s easy to understand why the restaurant is so popular when you taste the food. To go along with the large selection of meat, Amazonia also boasts a large salad bar. The salad bar featured two different kinds of soup (I loved the Pumpkin Soup), roasted vegetables, crab salad, marinated vegetables and more. It’s easy to be overwhelmed by the salad bar, but our churrascaria experience helped us know better.

An added bonus for us was the fresh ceviche. Unfortunately, the ceviche was not available on the salad bar that evening because it wasn’t quite ready. But after some pleading from Nicole, the chef brought out a dish of ceviche for us. Nicole, a ceviche connoisieur, said it was some of the best she’s ever had.

After finishing off my plate from the salad bar, I flipped my card over and prepared for the barrage of meats coming my way. It’s impossible to write in detail about all the different meat I tried but a couple of the highlights were the garlic sirloin and the ribeye. Actually, the ribeye is in its own category of glorious.

The gaucho would slice off tender pieces of ribeye steak that had an incredible crust on the edge, full of unbelievable flavor. The meat was juicy, sweet, smoky, savory and tender – causing this fat kid to be in heaven. I enjoyed pretty much everything I tried, but the ribeye will definitely be the taste I most remember from this meal.

The service throughout the course of our meal was very good. Our server, Eduardo, was friendly and attentive and the gauchos did a nice job of explaining the meat (at least the ones who spoke English). Another nice touch about Amazonia was the presence of the general manager, Patrick Van Den Berg. Patrick checked on us throughout the course of the meal and made sure we had everything we needed. For a busy restaurant, it was nice to receive this special attention from the individual running the entire operation.

Similar to our experience at Aquarius in Aruba, this buffet was not cheap. At $45 per person, you have to be willing to eat to make it a great value. We were fortunate to have a $100 gift certificate, but I’m sure we ate enough to make it good deal either way. I probably ate $45 worth of ribeye.

With the quality of service and food, I would recommend Amazonia to anyone visiting Aruba. It’s a meat lover’s dream in the middle of paradise.

1 Thank FromBallparkstoBBQ
Pennsylvania
“Superb Meal and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The quality of meat and service at Amazonia were excellent and I was incredibly impressed with the restaurant. I visited in 2011 and gave it a terrible review but on my return to Aruba this year I was told there was a new manager in place and that tremendous improvements had been made so I tried it again. Boy were my friends right about the improvements; it was the difference between night and day. The waiters were great, checking on us without being overbearing and extremely friendly and helpful. Service in Aruba tends to be on the slow side, but at Amazonia, it was timed perfectly. The quality of meat was top-notch and the filet practically melted in my mouth. The lamb and rib eye also deserve special mention. The servers were constantly stopping by with various items and I was glad that I didn't fill up on the salad bar because of all the great steak and chicken. My friend loved the salad bar and the many options available, including a great deviled egg. We also tried dessert and again, the changes over last year are obvious and fantastic. The flan was one of the best I've ever had and my friend's cheesecake was smooth and creamy. She ate every bit of her dessert, which rarely happens. I was told that they went from purchased desserts to homemade and the difference is astounding and worth saving room for, even though you have to cut back on the amount of filet. This was the best meal and service I had on this visit to Aruba and I plan to make Amazonia first on my list on my return next year.

1 Thank carl0086
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Excellent food and service, really enjoyed our dinner at Amazonia. Expect to pay a lot for it though, this was by far the most expensive meal we had on the island.

Visited December 2012