“Cold food slow service”

Moomba Beach Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moomba Beach Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hosting a gigantic palapa on the white sand beach, overlooking the Caribbean Sea, MooMba Beach is the place to be on Aruba. The open-air seaside restaurant offers an array of tempting choices for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Next to that, MooMba offers a laid back beach bar featuring a myriad of tropical libations, call drinks, beer and wine, with special occasion parties and live music.
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to like this place as it was in a nice location right on the beach close to our hotel. The girls working there are very nice but not sure they know what they are doing. We sat down around 7pm the place was not very crowded. Ordered the fish dinner special, wife ordered grouper. The service was sooooo slow. Took our order quickly but food never came watched other folks sit down get served and leave I would have though they forgot our order but they would keep stopping by appoligizing that it was taking so long. Saw another couple complain too so it wasn't just us. When food finnaly came it was cold. Maybe it was ready and sitting around the kitchen for 40 minutes. Grouper was overcooked. For such horrible service you think they would have given us a free drink or something finally asked them for our check as desert was taking forever to come out too. It was only ice cream. The check cae before food. Really... Are you kidding and never took my 10 % coupon off the bill either. Better service and we probably would have been back but instead we'll find somewhere else. Finally left at 9pm and only gave 10% tip hopwfully waitress took another 10% from coupon.

There are newer reviews for Moomba Beach Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a quick bite so we had a choice, a restaurant owned (or approved) by Marriott or an independent so we choose the independent. Well that turned out to be a mistake. It took over 10 minutes to get noticed by the waitress, who was cordial, but appeared to be put out by our presence. (The place seats about 125 and had about 15 patrons present). Anyway, we ordered only 2 appetizers, Nacho chips with queso and chicken quesadillas. The food came out in about 10 minutes so we dug in. What a disappointment. The quesadillas were not only cold, as if they were already prepared in the back and then microwaved (yuck), my wife took a bite and had to spit it out into a napkin as they had piles of raw onion held within. (I did ask my wife if I had inadvertently ordered a onion quesadilla or chicken? Next on to the chips and queso. Well it appeared to be microwaved cheese sauce which contained some foreign matter that was to imitate some sort of meat mixture; disgusting. Even though the lights were dim the appearance looked like you know what.

Anyway after the girl asked how everything was, I just couldn't lie. I actually had a hard time articulating my thoughts which ended up something like this: I am trying to be as polite as possible but this is disgusting!

To the honor of Moomba, they did not charge us for anything, beers included, just beware. This may not be the snack you're looking for at 9:30 at night!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were looking for a place to hang out on the beach during the day that would have chairs, cold drinks, showers and clean bathrooms so decided to try Moomba Beach Bar. We went two different days, but didn't receive good service either day.

Be forewarned that if you want shade get there before 10 AM, otherwise all the free chairs will be taken or the guy who rents chairs for $5 who "free shade" under a tree will be gone as well. If you want shade, you'll pay $30 for an umbrella.

We settled in and waited, waited and waited and were never waited on until we went looking for a server each day. We watched the server wait on others, but it's like she put her head down in order not to see who else wanted service. The weird thing is she was the only server for about 50 or more beach chairs. She could have been easily overwhelmed, but neither day were the chairs full. It was very odd.

We ordered food each day, but honestly I was not impressed and can't even recall what we had as it was so flavorless it didn't leave an impression.

We never went back, so I can't speak to what it's like in late afternoon or evening. We were disappointed because we heard this place was so fun, but we never experienced it.

I will say the bathrooms were clean, they had good showers, and easy parking.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We arrived in the afternoon so after scoping out our hotel, walked over to the bar. Enjoyed GREAT drinks, awesome service, a beautiful view of the sunset, and were there on a night when they had a band (Sundays and ... either Thurs or Fri I believe). This is a fun little spot to visit -- do it!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

So you want a cold Heinekin around noon and want good atmosphere and some of the friendliest people you ever want to meet. You go to Moomba Beach. My couple Heinekins turned into a whole afternoon and evening there. I met people from all over the world there. The new renovated palapa makes it shade from the hot sun. I had a pizza and shrimp salad that were delectable. In the evening the music gets started. Good crowd in he evenings.