Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
4,258 results
All reviews riu palace aruban restaurant pool bar specialty restaurants towel clips private pool krystal restaurant entertainment team a la cartes make reservations sister hotel ocean view an adults only resort junior suite one happy island musty smell nachos
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the adults only resort but next door is another Riu and you can use their facilities as well. I have to say the hotel needs an update. The halls are a bit musty, the rooms are outdated and the pillows smelled really mouldy so I called down for new pillows.

The buffet is really good with lots of variety from
Lobster, jerk chicken, grouper, swordfish. The seafood and beef I felt were delicious.

The restaurants were not great. It says online that you can make reservations but this is not the case. All the restaurants are first come first served so there is a line up of about 70 people at 5pm so you won’t get in to any of them. We managed to get into 2, one at 8:30 and by the time they took our order everyone had eaten all of the food that was at the starters/ apps buffet. The lettuce was brown and I had to ask if they could bring out more food as we hadn’t even tried the app bar. We didn’t end up getting anything. The soup was lukewarm as well.

The room service consists of salad, sandwiches and chips and cheese. There are no burgers, fries, chicken fingers or anything really warm. The nacho cheese sauce is cold in the “to go” cafe. You cannot bring any food from the buffet back to your room. So if you’re not feeling well or want to eat in your room good luck.

The demographic I found was much older. If you are younger in your 30’s or 40’s the older Riu might be better.

Overall, I think it was decent. We went outside to eat at some of the restaurants including Papiamento which was delicious.

I found the beach was beautiful. Soft sand, lots of frontage, ocean swimming is great. I found it really windy there so the sand kicked up in your eyes and face all day. The pool is a great alternative. The smaller pool had about 100 people in it a day so the larger one is better for those who want some space to relax.

The location is great right on palm beach and you can take a 20 min walk to Eagle Beach which is also very nice. The other direction takes you to the Hilton and further down the beach is the Ritz. You can take a taxi into town for about 12- if you want to walk around.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Antillas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Shoes4me,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share with us your insights.

On the bright side, we appreciate that you have highlight the great offer of dishes at the buffet and the convenient location right on the palm beach!

Nevertheless, we regret to read that our system “first come first served” and the gastronomy at the theme restaurants were not very convenient for you and we would like to apologize for not reaching your expectations. Your feedback is essential to us and we can assure you that we have noted all your concerns and we will forward them to our Management Team for further consideration.

Once again, thank you for trusting Riu Hotels & Resorts. It was a pleasure having you with us. And we look forward to welcoming you again in the future so we can provide you with a much greater time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been to many all inclusive resorts, I was quite disappointed with many aspects of this resort.
Overall Resort 3/5 stars
Beach 4/5 stars
Food 3/5 stars
Rooms 2/5 stars
Entertainment 2/5
Service 4/5 stars

Rooms are in need of major renovations, They are musty smelling, and very dated. Cracks in bathroom tiles, chipped & stained bathtub, loose electrical outlets. We changed rooms to try to improve the situation, but experienced same issues. Other policies of this resort certainly took away from the experience. They do not accept reservations at any of the A la Carte restaurants? This results in guests lining up at the more popular restaurants @ 6pm for a 6:30pm sitting. If the restaurants seats 50 people, they seat the first guests and give pagers to the next 50 guests. All other guests are turned away for the remainder of the evening. They also do not enforce their own rules of not allowing guests to reserve beach chairs, hotel staff advised us that guests regularly go down at 5:30 am to reserve chairs.

Maybe i am different, but when i go to these resorts I am on vacation and don't want to adhere to a rigid schedule where I have to be down for dinner @ 6pm to get a table or up at 6am to get a beach chair , maybe thats just me, but we all have to adhere to the clock in our regular work lives, when we are away this i the last thing I want to do, it would be nice if Riu management realized that!

1  Thank mikerA5826HK

Dear

We are sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy your holiday during your stay at our Hotel Riu Palace Antillas! It is a pity to understand that, despite pointing out some positives about our products and services, the negatives out waged the positives and that you left our resort disappointed with your overall stay. We apologize for not providing the holiday you were looking for! We assure you that we have taken notes about your concerns and will share them all with our Management team so that they can take actions accordingly!

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future!

Greetings,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First the good. Riu Antillas common spaces are clean and trendy. The service at the bars is fast and attentive. The rooms are clean and the alcohol is plentiful. The main buffet is loaded with an variety of options that will have you eating something different each time you go. There is plenty of activities and entertainment to keep you busy for your whole stay.

Now the bad. The food was bland and under seasoned. Even the theme restaurants left something to be desired in terms of flavor. Additionally, getting into the theme restaurants was difficult and required lining up an hour or more before they started serving. Many of the restaurants could easily hold more people but the Riu chooses to limit the number of diners each night which was frustrating, and even more frustrating, most of the theme restaurant food could be found at the buffet. The rooms, while spotless, were dated and in major need of renovations. Also, the showers changed temp randomly.

In general the Riu was a nice resort with a lot to do. The food situation holds much to be desired, which will probably mean if we go back to Aruba I will be trying a different resort but if you don't mind an early dinner or eating at a buffet most nights the Riu will be a fine choice for Aruba.

1  Thank nmbronedad

Dear Trek727540,

Thank you so much for your review.

It pleases us to learn that you enjoyed our entertainment programme, the trendy common spaces and the service provided by our bar staff. However, we regret that our restaurants booking system, which was implemented after carefully assessing all of guests’ feedback regarding this matter so that we could provide a smooth service, was not convenient to you.

We will share all your comments with our Management Team and we hope you will return to stay at the Hotel Riu Palace Antillas again in the future.

With our best wishes we remain,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First night stains on sheet
Second night smell of burning wires changed room

Third day of vacation commode breaks flooding bathroom.

Very very outdated.
No place to charge more then one electronics at a time

Ocean view was not as we expected.

Poor entertainment

Good staff

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank harmonrc

Dear harmonrc,

Many thanks for your time.

It is with regret to read about the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay and we would like to assure you that our staff works on a daily basis to keep our rooms well-maintained.

We will forward your comments to our Management Team for a proper follow-up.

We do hope you allow us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you next time.

With our best wishes we remain,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent a week in January, 2020 at the RIU Palace Antillas. Yes - it is getting older and could use an update, but if you're reading these reviews you know that already. Here are a few things I wish I'd known.

1. The lobby bar has liquor choices that other bars don't - specifically Captain Morgan (my wife's favorite) is poured in the lobby bar only. Service is fast and it seemed to always be open when we wanted a drink.

2. You need to get in line for the steakhouse at 6:00 p.m. or earlier for the first seating. Get a drink at the lobby bar just before six and head down. It's worth the wait. All the other restaurants when I was there were not anywhere near as crowded.

3. The casino has two blackjack tables and one craps table. There are a few other tables with games I don't play. Blackjack normally opens at 5:00 p.m. with a $15 table. The craps table is $10 minimum and isn't really open until after dinner. The casino deals in dollars, so the tables are in dollars and they pay out at the cage in dollars. They have some poker machines as well but I only played table games.

4. If you want chairs on the beach, they have workers there at 6:00 a.m. that will set out chairs for you. Towels and a few personal belongings on chairs holds them until you're ready to go out. There are folks staking out their locations near the beach starting at 5:30 a.m. Yes - I was one of them.

5. There are good bathrooms close to the pool and restaurants. They also have live entertainment outside the casino lobby doors most evenings (early - around 7:30 p.m.). Their regular entertainment on the big stage or on the beach was not what I was looking for, but the smaller venues were great.

6. As my title of this review states, the food is great. Much better than I expected. The service was a highlight of the trip. Their staff is well trained and really try to do a good job. I felt welcomed and appreciated for staying there. I tipped because they did such a great job - not because I felt I had to. There was no pressure for tips.

7. This resort caters to a younger crowd. It is loud and there are a lot of things going on. I am in my 60's and enjoyed my week there, but definitely felt on the older side of the guests. It is fun meeting younger guests, especially waiting in line for the specialty restaurants. If your older but social you'll enjoy your stay.

2  Thank JosephF2326

Dear JosephF2326,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the travel community!

We are glad to learn that you had an outstanding vacation during your stay at our Hotel Riu Palace Antillas! We appreciate your kind words! It was our pleasure taking great care of you!

We hope to host you again in one of our worldwide hotels in the future!

King regards,