All reviewsexcellent hostsfellow guestsshort driveperfect place to staybeach chairshigh risesitting areafull kitchensherrierickaruba
Reviewed April 8, 2015

Our week-long stay at Buffam's Tropical Haven was a wonderful introduction to Aruba. We were so happy to be staying at a comfortable, inviting location, away from the noisy, flashy hotels. A quick car ride could take us in that direction any time we wanted, but staying at the Haven was a retreat we enjoyed. Rick and Sherrie were attentive, helpful and available, and the accommodations clean and comfortable at a very attractive price. We felt like we were experiencing the "real" Aruba, and we look forward to returning not just to the "One Happy Island", but to Buffam's as well.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed March 30, 2015

I wondered about Tropical Haven's excellent reviews right up until I actually stayed there. Now here's mine! What a pleasure. Great location away from crowds but close enough to the action, Great hosts.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank MsgtSouthington_CT
Reviewed March 26, 2015

This is my 3rd trip to the Tropical Haven...Rik and Sherri are the Best...Super Clean, Cute Great surprize breakfasts, Rik and Sherri never stop working and adding to the place, Close to where we want to be, Nice pool, Inguinas and Gecko's are there every year..

Room Tip: Works out perfect for us!!!
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cat9383
Reviewed January 24, 2015

I've returned for my 2nd stay with Sherrie and Rick.
Many guests come back to the same lodging facility for different reasons. I've returned for a 10 week holiday for every reason I can think of. You will never find more pleasant, more principled, or more honest hosts. They are there for you lock, stock and barrel. They do it all. The entire property, (consisting of four apartments with full kitchens, gardens and patios) is immaculate in and out. The amenities are endless, right down to complimentary cold soda and beer found in your fridge upon arrival. There are screens on each and every window...NO MISQUOTES buzzing in your ear at night. I sun and swim in the pristine pool almost daily. There's a clothes line and gas grill available. Your personal laundry is done by request for a mere $6.00 per load. The price is ULTRA affordable and the hot daily breakfast is cooked to order and delicious.
During the last nine years of owning and operating their much loved Bed & Breakfast, the Buffam's have established an amazing following of
loyal, repeat guests who are now considered friends.
This well located, homey facility is minutes away from the FINEST beaches, restaurants and grocery stores on the island. Reserve early!

Room Tip: All four apartments are wonderful and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled solo
6  Thank xanjaz
Reviewed January 3, 2015

What a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are immaculate clean as is the whole property. The place is 5 minutes from the beach by car. The cost is very reasonable. Rick and Sherrie are great host, they make you feel that you known them for years. We stay in the large studio, which is quite suitable for 2 people. This property offers no bells and whistles, however it is well worth the money. Fantastic for a low budget price. I highly recommend buffams tropical haven. When I fully retire I would like to stay here for 2 months. You can't go wrong. Book it now!!!

Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple