“Great bed and breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
Buffam's Tropical Haven
Reviewed June 17, 2012

June 2012

I have just returned from a trip to buffams tropical haven. I chose to stay here rather than a hotel whilst in Aruba for a friends wedding.

The accommodation was just perfect for me, a room consisting of a bed, kitchen and bathroom, plus all the amenities you would expect.

I was a single traveller so staying here was just perfect for me, Rick and Sherrie the owners made me feel very welcome and certainly looked after me. Breakfast was lovely, everyday something different was served and if you have dietry requirements then they can prepare food that you can eat . Also for those of you English guests I always had a lovely cup of tea waiting for me in the morning - perfect.
They arranged a taxi driver for me, who basically chauffeured me around for the week, so that was great.
Sherrie also showed me the most direct route to the beach along with pointing out the local convenience store and ATM.
The beach is a 15minute walk away which is fine and very safe even in the dark.

I would recommend staying here if you are after a bed and breakfast with lovely owners.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank SarahakaFish
There are newer reviews for Buffam's Tropical Haven

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very friendly owners with a great sense of hospitality. The room was perfect: spacious, clean and well furnished, with a nice kitchenette, air con and wifi internet. There is also a pool and a BBQ in the back, and you have access to a semi private patio which was very usefull for drying our kiteboarding equipment and chilling in the shade after spending the whole day in the sun.
Sherrie and Rick are very knowledgeable on the island and very helpfull on top of being friendly.
And to top it off, Sherrie's breakfasts are excellent!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Immediately upon my arrival Sherrie was there to greet me and show me my room and make sure I was comfortable and informed about everything there was to know. This sort of hospitality was repeatedly exhibited throughout my stay by both Rick and Sherrie, the couple who maintains this location. On my first day I wanted to go to the beach but had no sunscreen so I asked Sherrie if she knew a place I could buy some, instead she provided me with a bottle of sunscreen which I used for the duration of my stay in Aruba. A varied, filling and tasty breakfast was served with lax time requirements, everyday between 7:30am and 9:30am. My favorite was probably the Aruban French toast made with a local bread. My last full day I decided to take an ABC jeep tour around the island and was surprised by Sherrie and Rick with a ham, egg and cheese sandwich and a before picture, later followed by an after picture when I had gotten back. Earlier in the week I had gotten a small cut on a joint on my pinky finger and Sherrie and Rick prepared a cocktail of bandages. These two were always there, providing attentive care where a larger hotel or even another B&B would likely fail to deliver.

I'm not picky in accomodations but the rooms were very clean and well kept. There is a small kitchen, complete with sink, refridgerator, stove, dishes and table for two. This room is spacious, about the size of a small one bedroom apartment with a full bathroom and shower. The bed is large and could easily sleep two, as well. Although I was a solo traveler, there were two couples during my stay who each occupied a single room, it is definitely large enough to fit two people comfortably. There was an AC which cooled the room well and was nice when you were relaxing after a long day at the beach.

The location is the only thing which you may find difficult if you are not in shape. It was a decent walk to the beach (about 10-15 minutes) in the sun. For me this was a non issue and I enjoyed it. The beach is well worth the walk, the part of the beach you approach via walking is far from the major hotels and leads you to a relatively secluded part of the beach with very few people and plenty of open palapas. The walk to the beach was also great because it allowed me to stop at a local food stand and grab a bite to eat as I was headed to the beach for the day. The food at the stand was really cheap and delicious, definitely recommend it. Ask Sherrie and Rick where the 'Shaco' is and they will give you directions, it's located about half a block away on the main road.

If I could recommend a place to stay on the island while you're here, it'd be at the Buffam Tropical Haven. The service and rooms are great and the value is unbeatable compared to the price of the hotels on the island.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank NoahJ901
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We’ve stayed for just 5 night in the beautiful guesthouse of Rick and Sherrie. It’s located in a more quiet neighbourhood. It’s a great location from which to explore the island.
Rick and Sherrie really make your experience here great, from dining suggestion to the best snorkelling places. They are there to make your holiday experience super!

It’s not strange why we were sitting with other quest who come back every time, this is a little gem on the island!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Well, we were BACK at Buffam's from May 9th to May 20th (We were also there over Thanksgiving last year) and what can I say but FABULOUS again! Rick and Sherrie are just the greatest! They go so out of their way to make their guests have a GREAT experience! I could go on and on but they know how we LOVE Tropical Haven! If you notice, they have not ! bad review and there's a reason for that. Already thinking about returning! Wish my girl would get laid off because i would LOVE to spend a month out there! Thanks again Sherrie & Rick! YOUR THE "BEST"!

Room Tip: Any room is good!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jicky28
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Sherrie & Rick the most attentive hostesses we've encountered during our travels. I can't say enough of how immaculate clean they keep the premises. Plus we were grateful for all the extra's provided. We had coolers, beach chairs, floaters AND etc, readily accesible. Last but not least was the time they took EVERY morning to sit down with the guest during breakfast to mingle and ask how our previous night went.... Sherrie took the time to make us a delicious breakfast that varied from hot eggs to continental. Our bed was so cozy and the sheets so clean, we slept like babies. Funny thing is we went for one day to receive a massage and enjoy some drinks at one of the "Bigger" all inclusive resort, the Divi Beach Resort. WOW!!! Impersonal, Rude bartenders, Stressed out Staff & environment. Even their bloody Mary's were being made out of a Cambell's tomato can soup instead of the proper bloody Mary mix, horrendous and expensive and at that moment we realized whast a precious gem we found staying at Tropical Haven. Excellent I wouldnt dream of staying elsewhere on my next trip To Aruba. Do not pass this one up!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeggyandCarlos
Reviewed April 20, 2012

When my wife and I decided to go to Aruba in March(first time) for our 31st wedding anniversary the first thing to do was to find a hotel. Almost immediately we knew we had to stay at Buffams because of all the great reviews. Needless to say we were not disappointed. From the great hospitality to the service and cleanliness of this place it is truly a gem. Rick and Sherie are such wonderful host and helped us in so many ways with any questions we had. We can't thank Rick enough for securing reservations for us at the Flying Fishbone where we had an incredible dining experience right on the beach. We rented a car which ended up being a good move especially if you want to get around the Island, but don't rent from Avis the service was horrible and the people very disrespectful. Eagle Beach has to be the most beautiful beach on the planet bar none. Someday soon we will go back and hope we're able to stay at Buffams again when we do.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Wonders Boutique Hotel
Wonders Boutique Hotel
#1 of 12 in Oranjestad

Been to Buffam's Tropical Haven? Share your experiences!