“The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba”

GreenLeadersGold level
Brooklyn, New York
“The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just back from a 6 night stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Aruba – one of the newest and most pedigreed Aruba luxury resorts. This is by far the best hotel in Aruba. The staff was exceptional from the minute we walked through the door. The rooms are spacious and all are Ocean View. I would also encourage you to check in for dinner and at Les Crustacés or Solanio restaurants at the Ritz and ask for Jenneree (maitre d') she is simply the best!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank abogado98

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I vacationed here March 1 to March 5th 2014. Best customer service I ever experienced, and I work for Mercedes-Benz in the USA. Thank you Madero Team bartenders: Fely, Bonny, Abraham, Gregory, Eddy; Servers: BiBiana, Orlando, Elli, Diasil; and Supervisor Vivian for exceeding all expectations. The Spa service was beyond compare. The hotel service team members Prince and others made me feel right at home. I have already scheduled a return trip in April. For anyone looking for the best vacation location, and wants to be treated like a king, definitely consider The Ritz Carlton in Palm Beach Aruba.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank James G
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We have stayed at the Hyatt and the Radisson which I believe were the better hotels in Aruba. The Ritz is a unique property and what I loved was the newness, the huge size and the lack of crowds. Responding to some of the above comments, I personally think a fancy Ritz interior like Central Park is inappropriate for an island. The interior is consistent with the location and is tasteful, contemporary and casual. The staff were incredibly friendly and worked hard to make our stay perfect..........

With that said I will reflect the above comments that the hotel is in organized chaos mode and has so many problems that I can only recommend this property to my friends who don't care about the expense. We will absolutely stay here again but I look forward to a year from now when this evolves into a real Ritz. The staff really try hard and are genuinely friendly but there is some training and experience in order. I can't say enough about the beauty of this place compared to every other hotel in Aruba, but for the price the rooms are lacking cleanliness, the food service is so off we tried not to eat at the hotel (which thankfully is easy in Aruba).

Food- we have two teenagers who sleep in. The only option is too much food at a buffet or the proverbial $12 bagel. Not out of cheapness, but convenience I stopped at the Marriott Stellaris next door every morning to the grab and go cafe after my run to get what kids from toddler to 25 want. This reminds me of the Atlantis in the old days. They need a Cafe

Room- We had two adjoining ocean view rooms. Big, beautiful, crazy view, huge balcony. Lacks a few details of the typical ritz but no biggie. My issue was that the place is only 4 months old and there were unacceptable issues like stains on towels, very dirty desk glass, dirty drinking glasses,spots in the rug that oxyclean or spotshot could have taken care of but stood out like a sore thumb. Some gross stuff going on on the couch that we have all seen at a Holiday Inn Express, not a Ritz. Funny story is that we loved the refrigerator in the room until the last day when a staff member came in to survey the "honor bar" that they never filled up. Thank god I was around for that or I would have had a huge bill for two rooms.I guess you won't have a fridge like we did. Too bad. It's a nice amenity with kids

Concierge- do your research and email restaurants for reservations. We have been to Aruba enough to know that the concierge did not have a handle on what we were looking for. Reminded me of the experience at a hotel pre-internet ("eat at our hotel" kind of stuff). Again, very nice people, not trained or experienced. Not their fault.

So to me the strange part of the Ritz stay was the pool scene. They have Segways that scoot around the beach. Very sci-fi. Industial. Not very beachy or relaxed. The security is necessary and we have seen it at the Hyatt and Radisson, but their presence was too obvious. Serious looking guys in black pants and a walkie talkies that constantly sounded like a police radio scanners created a tense feeling. Maybe guys in shorts with ear pieces would create a better environ but I do get that security/privacy is part of the Ritz experience.

So in summary, this is BY FAR the best hotel in Aruba but I'm not sure it will reach it's potential for another year. I can't wait to go back next spring break with the kids. An amazing place. I am happy that hotels read Tripadvisor reviews because it was completely clear to me that there was not really any one to discuss this with at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Jpresss
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a week stay. The only negative part was leaving.....This is by far the best hotel in Aruba and we can't wait to return. Book a club level room, great service and outstanding views.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryanjd1
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2014

First trip to Aruba and "first class service" at the Ritz. I am convinced the word NO is not in their vocabulary. The staff was exceptional from the minute we walked through the door! Our room was large and well attended and room service was on time. The outdoor pool staff was exemplary and courteous. This hotel is bright and airy and more modern than most Ritz. I will return to this property in the future......sad to leave.

Room Tip: Balcony overlooking pool and ocean!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Janice B
Atlanta
Reviewed March 23, 2014

In the past we have stayed at the Marriott and the Hyatt in Aruba.
The Ritz is most definitely and strong uptick. This is a modern Ritz in architecture and some what Miami in style.Although not your typical dark wood conservative typical Ritz,,,,the modern style is upbeat and cool. It fits in with Aruba.
From a service prospective we found the service very good . Used both the beach( enjoyed the quite relaxation) and it's a short walk to the " action"of the Palm Beach strip. Had room service each morning for Bfast which was excellent. We were upgraded as a Marriott members to a direct ocean view in the middle of the 4th floor. Although not a big gambler, enjoyed the casino and each night it was rocking. We had dinner one night at the hotel and dined at LesCrustaces....the Halibut was to live for. Each day we did lunch at the Madero Argentinan Grill by the pool and it was exremeley good ( fish tacos are supreme) they set up a band around 2:30 PM which picked up the pace !!! We ebjoyed the tunes,,,,,,,yes everything is over the top expensive but that's the Ritz life.
It was easy to get a cab when needed. I would definitely return and recomend this property !
Cheers

Room Tip: Ask for a direct ocean view in trhe middle of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank paulsurf
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We found the service to be average at best especially at beach and pool.
The staff seemed to be very friendly until you gave them a tip and then disappeared for the rest of the day.
Service at the Hyatt was actually much more attentive.
Too bad thought this was going to be our new go to place in Aruba!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank jmd437
Roberto G, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is a great example that we can use to re-train our ladies and gentlemen on how to provide The Ritz-Carlton Service. I sincerely apologize for your experience not being what you had expected. We truly care for our customers and I will continue to focus on improving our ladies and gentlemen throughout our property so that we are known for our service as well as our friendliness. Thank you again.

Roberto Grisi