My wife and I just got back from Aruba, and stayed six nights at MVC Eagle Beach. As the previous review mentioned, Christy was great and helped to make our stay very enjoyable. If you are looking to go to a resort where you don't leave the grounds, are waited on every minute, and just want to sit by the pool the whole time, this isn't your place. BUT, if you are looking for an excellent "base of operations" that is right across the street from an excellent beach, has simple, comfortable, and clean rooms, and an excellent staff, I would highly recommend MVC Eagle Beach.
We did not spend a ton of time at the hotel itself – mostly at the beach or off exploring the island in our Jeep, which was paid for with the $ we would have spent on rooms at most other hotels. As stated by one of the others staying at the hotel, if all you see of Aruba is the hotel district and Orangestad (essentially the bus route), you are missing out on a whole lot. A couple of recommendations on things to do while in Aruba if you like to get out and explore a bit: RENT A JEEP – not just a car – and take off-road it to the back side of the island: the lighthouse, western coast, natural pool, abandoned gold refinery, and caves in the national park (lunch location right in the middle of the national park coast). Also, Baby Beach is a must ($8 snorkel & mask, and is like swimming in an aquarium). Watersports such as kitesurfing, windsurfing, etc. can be done just past the high rise hotels. If you hit the right time of year, you may get to see some Sea Turtles hatching on Eagle Beach – there were about 10 nest sites marked while we were there, but didn’t get to see them hatch. This happens several times per year, not sure of the timing.
A lot of Dutch nationals stay at MVC, and this is a pretty small, quiet hotel. It has a bar/restaurant that serves a Dutch-style continental breakfast (yogurt, breads, some fruit, gouda cheese, salami, ham, and muesilix and corn flakes). The hotel has about 25 rooms, and as mentioned in the previous review, it was formerly military quarters, so the rooms are a bit small and simple, but very clean, and the one we stayed in had a king sized bed (by American standards, at least), even though they called it a queen. All of this for a VERY reasonable price.
Our only complaint was the size of the pool. It is tiny - about 8 x 10 feet, and only about 2.5 feet deep, so not useful for much other than kids. If they installed a larger, deeper pool, we would have spent more time there, and likely more $ at the restaurant on fruity drinks too!
Thanks to Christy and the rest of the staff for a GREAT vacation, see you next time because we would love to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly staff, clean, affordable, cozy and most importantly; located just across the most beautiful beach of Aruba ‘Eagle Beach’ – welcome to the MVC Eagle Beach Aruba. This charming and quaint little hotel offers you value for money, friendly hospitality, tranquility, basic yet tastefully decorated rooms and an excellent beach escape in beautiful Aruba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your MVC Eagle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mvc Eagle Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Mvc Eagle Beach Palm
- MVC Eagle Beach Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach