It's hard to call MVC a hotel - it's better described as a really nice motel. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are very clean. Good water pressure. Very no-frills, but it was fine for us. The bed was firm and comfortable (it said "double" on orbitz but was in fact a king). The walls are thin, we were next to old people but your experience could be different. No rug, kind of gross walking around when you get out of the shower. Minor complaint: On the weekends, some locals park at the beach at night and blast music, and the bass is fairly audible.
'Tulip" - the restaurant that is in front is farily reasonable and good - did not have dinner there but lunch was above average. The breakfast buffet is a simple continental breakfast, I ate the raisin bread, croissants, kellog cereal selection, hard boiled eggs, and OJ. Fine for me, and free.
The hotel is ideal if you are just looking for a place to crash after a long day. I preferred Eagle beach to Palm, as Eagle had a few dozen people and was fairly quiet. There is a watersports hut that is cheaper than comparable ones on Palm ($60 for waverunner vs. $100 on palm). Renting a car is pretty cheap ($200 for the week) and you will probably end up spending more on cabs than that - it's about $13 to downtown and $8 to the palm beach area. $22 to the airport. I would also suggest renting as some of the best beaches are a 10 min drive, and completely empty. Aside from the beach there is nothing really within walking distance. The Alhambra is about two miles away and the only casino nearby, tho the casino is rather small.
There is free Wi-Fi in the restaurant, and the signal sometimes reached the room. The pool is a kiddie pool that is 3 feet deep and about 8 feet long. Rooms have a TV (with aux inputs) and a safe. The front desk is open probably 8-6 or so, but the restaurant people can help if you are in a bind.
They are doing light construction next door, but we were on the opposite side and heard none of it.
Go with low expectations and you will be pleasantly surprised. For $70 a night, in March, I thought it was a great deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently Renovated!! We have successfully completed a Major Makeovers at MVC Eagle Beach. Rooms freshly painted inside with colors picked by an Interior Designer, redesigned Lobby, Bar and Pool area are the least. By surveying our guests, we found out which amenities are most important to them, and we’re listening! Within our mission to make every guest stay memorable with small gestures that make a big difference, we have refreshed our rooms, enhancing service and upgrading our product. Here are just a few of the things we’re doing! Friendly staff, clean, affordable, cozy and most importantly; located just across the most beautiful beach of Aruba ‘Eagle Beach’ – welcome to the MVC Eagle Beach Aruba. This charming and quaint little hotel offers you value for money, friendly hospitality, tranquility, basic yet tastefully decorated rooms and an excellent beach escape in beautiful Aruba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your MVC Eagle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mvc Eagle Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Mvc Eagle Beach Palm
- MVC Eagle Beach Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach