I spent a solo Thanksgiving holiday at MVC this year and I am pleased with my experience.
-seamless check-in. Christie (manager) leaves at 3. I arrived at 4 and my room keys and breakfast tickets were waiting for me at the front desk. Save yourself time and do the advance check-in offered on their website
-comfortable accommodations: the room was very basic but served its purpose: Euro bathroom, armoire with micro fridge and safe inside, comfy queen bed (best sleep away from home EVER), flat screen TV with channels for the 4 main languages spoken on the island, obstructed views of Eagle Beach from room 112, personal seating for two outside of each room, amiable housekeeping staff
-easy access to public transportation to Oranjestad and the high rise area. Next time I will rent a car. Bus fare is $2.30 each ride (no transfers) and it adds up if you're on the go. Not the hotel's issue but just FYI. Bus stops right out front every 20m
-easy access to beautiful Eagle Beach: right across the way and they provide towels, beach huts and loungers.
-European continental breakfast was just okay: fruit and bread assortment, hard boiled eggs, sliced ham, cereal, Greek yogurt, and plenty of coffee and tea. On the first day there was plenty of fruit variety. After a few days it went from quite a few to one or two. I only ate fruit and bread. You have to ask for water.
-Tulip restaurant has excellent service and a relaxing atmosphere but the menu items leave a LOT to be desired. See separate review.
-hassled twice by MVC beach staff on separate occassions about the veracity of my room info in spite of seeing them on hotel grounds often. I did not observe any other beach goers receive such treatment. I even observed a few couples come from other hotels down the strip to use MVC's loungers and they were not bothered.
-top floor room was nice but coming up and down the super tight cascading staircases was incredibly nerve wrecking.
My cons may not be an issue for some. The pros definitely outweighed my overall experience. My first trip to Aruba was one of the most memorable experiences in my life. In spite of traveling solo I never felt alone, the most friendly people in the Caribbean live on Aruba island. And I always felt safe. MVC was a great choice and I definitely received my money's worth. I look forward to returning to Aruba!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly staff, clean, affordable, cozy and most importantly; located just across the most beautiful beach of Aruba ‘Eagle Beach’ – welcome to the MVC Eagle Beach Aruba. This charming and quaint little hotel offers you value for money, friendly hospitality, tranquility, basic yet tastefully decorated rooms and an excellent beach escape in beautiful Aruba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your MVC Eagle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mvc Eagle Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Mvc Eagle Beach Palm
- MVC Eagle Beach Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach