“Like being home again” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chadds Ford
“Like being home again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I just returned from a week at the MVC with my former Aruba classmates. We all commented on how it evoked memories of the homes we grew up in....the patio with the breezes blowing the palms, the clean non-fussy rooms, and the lovely staff who welcomed us with gracious smiles. All of the staff from the front desk to the housekeeping to the dining room waitstaff are delightful. The MVC is where I will go again and again when I visit my little "island in the sun" in the future!

Room Tip: Second floor has best view of the water....end rooms...111 and up.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elsje B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed at Mvc Eagle Beach Nov 12-20. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. The staff is a lovely group of people who make you feel like you're a guest in their home. From the moment I checked in I was completely taken care of. If you're looking for an all inclusive, European or American style resort experience, you can go a bit further down the street. But if you're looking for a comfortable, quiet and friendly environment where you can relax and experience Aruba in a peaceful or romantic way, this is the place. The bed is super comfy and there's a little table and chairs in front of every room if you want to sit on the balcony and just take it the beautiful view of nature and the sea. Right in front of the hotel you can catch the local bus which will take you to the busier parts of the island in just a few minutes. The ride is just $1.25 one way. There are also taxis that pass pretty frequently (the restaurant staff will also call you a taxi if you don't want to wait). Eagle Beach is right outside of the hotel across a little road...you'll be on the sand or in the water in less than a minute!! The food in the connected Tulip restaurant is absolutely delicious (you MUST have the chocolate cake, Mexican salad and I had a few great pina coladas!!!) At night, they light torches around the restaurant and the garden and create a perfect romantic atmosphere. If you decide to go out on the town for the evening, you have a key to the front gate which is locked after a certain time. But there are no worries for staying out late. I was traveling alone and never felt anything less than safe. There's also security out front in the evening.
I really can't say enough great things about this place! If/when you go, you MUST say hello to Chrissy in the front office and Kevin in the restaurant. I was traveling alone and they both, as well as the rest of the staff, always made me feel comfortable and taken care of.

Room Tip: I loved my room! Room 103!! Right at the top of the winding staircase!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank savvysinger
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

If you're looking for a high end spa resort experience, look elsewhere, but if you want to stay where the staff wants to take care of your every need in a positively friendly way, then MVC is for you. Hotel has a European feel and most of the visitors here are from the other side of the pond (a great place to try your Dutch or Swedish. Simple decor and straight forward food at the Tulip Restaurant made for a most relaxing week in Aruba. Thanks Chrissy, Theo, Paulette, Kevin,, Roxann, Ledy, Sasha, and Rosa and kitchen staff. It is so nice to spend your vacation with people that like and take pride in what they do!! Only 26 or so rooms, so book early. Hope to go back next year.

Room Tip: 1,2,3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 101,102, 103,110,111,112,113 have the best views to see Eagle beach but any o...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OUBobcat69
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I just read Michael P Weymouth's review and was surprised as I was there the same night 11/02/11 - 11/03/11 and had no problems with noise from drunken partiers. I slept quite comfortably.

And security, i don't know about the time's he reported, but when I was up at 4:00AM, there was a security guard in the restaurant. He was kind and offered help with the taxi if mine didn't show.

If you rent a car, it would be hard to find I think, unless you look for the Tulip Restaurant sign.

I was only spending the night because I was flying on to Curacao, and this little hotel fulfilled its purpose. The Tulip restaurant is fantastic! The beach looked great, but I was way too tired to care. The pool is small, I thought it was the kiddie pool...but no, it was the main pool. The grounds were charming. The office has short hours. If you have an early flight, they tell you to leave the keys in the room. The staff were fantastic in helping me arrange a taxi for the morning. It arrived right on time. I really have no complaints for this hotel. I probably wouldn't stay long term, but that's because I prefer all-inclusives. I might spend a night just to be at Eagle beach and not worry about 'cabbing" it back to a resort, but...that wasn't the case for this trip. It was a very good value and experience for my purposes.

TravellinMan999's review is pretty spot on from what I experienced.

Room Tip: I think I would want a first floor room, carrying luggage up the circular staircases is a bit of a p...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank mjkelly75
Weymouth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

On Wednesday 11-2-11 we checked into the MVC based on prior Trip adviser reviews as well as having experienced a dinner at their restaurant in March 2011, Our intent was to sleep/shower+use time share amenities elsewhere which we own in March.The hotel staff to be fair were great in early check in. Seven army vets had a booze fueled party outside our room at 11:00PM-4:45AM although both my wife and I spoke to them. Before i proceed. I am a private investigator,who operated a secret shopping service 20 years and am a Certified Protection Protection CPP with 30 year pluss years of security management experience,there was no security to be found at MVC. In the AM the manager refused to evict or move the culprets and we were only moved to Amsterdam Manner after I went to the Minister of Tourism in Oranjestad.MVC failed across the board in lack of customer service,protection of guests,inadequate security . I imagine complaints at Amsterdam Manner+Passions restaurant would be addressed in the same cavalier manner if you support this brand. Mike p.So Weymouth Ma

Room Tip: Only select a room here if money is a major factor in your choice of where to stay although we did n...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
AMBRManager, Director of Sales at MVC Eagle Beach, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear Mr Pepe,

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for the noise incident with the other guests at MVC Eagle Beach. This matter should have been addressed by us the very same night when the noise occurred. This did not take place.

We have been working with the security company for over 10 years. This insurance company has an excellent reputation on our island so you can imagine how upset we were when you told us about your experience. After you talked to our Front Desk Manager Janine we contacted the insurance company immediately and we checked our security cameras to make sure that the security guard on duty was present. Needless to say we advised the insurance company that we do not want the security guard to work on our property anymore. Janine spoke with the guests who caused the noise and they apologized for their behavior. We did not honor your request to remove the noisy guests from MVC Eagle Beach as they had already apologized and informed us that it would not happen again. To compensate for all the inconvenience we offered you a full refund of your stay.

We hope you will be visiting Aruba in the near future. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

I decided to stay at this location based on the online reviews on Trip Advisor, and in general, I wasn't disappointed in this property

Pros: The location of the property is absolutely amazing. It's located right across from Eagle Beach, widely considered to be one of the best beaches in the world, never mind the Caribbean. The price for the location is absolutely amazing. I paid 90/night, taxes in, and it was easily half the price of other hotels just down the street.

The rooms are comfortable. Each has Cable TV, a small fridge, cupboard/closet for hanging up clothing, and a clean, yet small bathroom. The air conditioning was working perfectly during my stay, and it was powerful--more than adequate for the hot Aruban sun.

The Tulip restaurant serves good food, at reasonable prices. The service there is amazingly good, and the food is wholesome and tasty all at the same time.

The facilities at the hotel were adequate--there is free wifi, a washer and dryer, and a small pool for the kids. There is a beautiful terrace/courtyard, and security is provided at night.

Cons: The reception staff are there part-time, usually gone by 4PM. I found this to be a problem when you needed things after that time. The restaurant staff acted as defacto reception--giving keys, etc, for those who arrive after 4, etc.

Unlike some of the bigger hotels, you DO have to take beach chairs from the hotel to the beach. Larger properties have permanent beach chairs available.

While lunch and dinner are great at the Tulip ( hotel restaurant), breakfast could be improved. It consisted of cereal, fruits, coffee, tea, juice, as well as various breads, cold cuts and boiled eggs. After a time, you got tired of the menu.

In conclusion...it all depends on what you want in a hotel. If you want a grand lobby, 9 restaurants on scene, spa service, etc, this hotel isn't for you. But if you want a hotel in a great location (both in terms of being near the beach, and downtown), and close to a bus stop, this hotel is for you. If you want comfortable, clean and spacious rooms, this hotel is for you. And if you want to pay 90 (in low season) for all of the above, while hotels 5 mins away in either direction are charging at least double--then this place is for you.

I grant you that this place isn't for everyone--it isn't as luxurious as some of the high end resorts, and doesn't have all the amenities they might have. But again...if you're there to relax on the beach, swim, have good food...and using your hotel as a place to lay your head at night--you can't go wrong with MVC Eagle Beach.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank TravellingMan999
Delta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We spent 15 days at the MVC Eagle Beach. This is a great little hotel with an superb location, nice clean rooms, quiet location and very nice staff. We really enjoyed our stay here and highly recommend this hotel. If you prefer to be away from the crowds and have a nice relaxing vacation in Aruba, this is the place to stay. The beach is steps from the hotel and Eagle Beach is the best beach on the island. The beach area in front of the MVC is very quiet, calm and has fine powder sand. Good restaurants are nearby and shopping and attractions are close.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room on either end of the hotel for the best view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple