“Aruba Beach Club”
Review of Aruba Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Beach Club
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I had mixed emotions based on the reviews before we went, but I was pleasantly pleased. We stayed here for a week and loved it. If you are looking for the nightlife - stay in the high rise area - this is not the place. This is an older resort that has been well taken care of. There is nothing fancy about it. It is clean and it is quiet. The 3 happy hours were great. The manager is a sweetie - she went out of her way to help us with what ever our needs were.
There are grocery stores close by. You can walk up and take the bus back or take the bus both ways. The buses are perfectly safe. You can buy noodles at the True value for a lot less than the resort (8.00). We had a studio and it was fine - it has a fridge, toaster, a coffee maker and a balcony. We made breakfast and lunches there. Laudry on site.
The only complaint was that the beds were uncomfortable for us, but we are used to tempurpedic beds so.....
We really loved the resort and would gladly go back there. There is a pizza place and a few other restaurants around there.

Room Tip: Ask for one that faces towards the pool and beachw
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank JoMaris

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Excellent and courteous service. Staff very helpful and amiable. The room ("Superior" category) was very clean and ample, with a well equipped kitchen ("Partial", as it did not have an oven), with microwave and a full sized refrigerator, and it included dishes, silverware, pans, etc. Minor (really minor) maintenance issues (a closet door lightly askew, with a broken door knob). Our room was located on the second floor, overlooking the Casa del Mar Resort (even room numbers, beginning with 2xx). I would recommend these rooms, as I think they are quieter than those overlooking the Aruba Beach Club proper.

The hotel is light on amenities, and the pool is somewhat small. On the other hand, it has an excellent beach and a very good location, relatively near Oranjestad and the airport. It shares facilities with the contiguous Casa del Mar Resort. Nearby (about 0.75 miles) there is good sized supermarket. On the resort's premises there is a mini-market.

I found it an excellent resort for families (in our case, two adults along an eight-year old girl). It was quiet and comfortable. The kitchen facilities allowed us to save money and have breakfast/dinner at our leisure.

This would be one of our first options in another visit to Aruba,

Room Tip: Second floor, overlooking Casa del Mar
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank luisrod
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I stayed here with my family of 4, myself, my husband, my 12 year old son and my 11 year old daughter. The sofa irritated my son's Asthma so my husband had to sleep on the sofa so he could take the other bed while my daughter slept with me. The sofa-bed looked a bit dusty and underneath the sofa needed to be hand cleaned by me but the rest of the room was clean.

I didn't much care for the people at the front desk, they seemed forever irritated at nothing in particular, not quite nasty but not friendly either. I suppose they don't feel the need to be nice since the guests are all time share renters and have to come back whether they are warm & friendly or not. We were there because family lent us their timeshare.

The room itself was very roomy and open, the kitchen was nice and full sized, the AC was very good and the black out curtains were wonderful. The TV was wonderful because we had so many channels, my husband told me it's the best he's seen in any foreign country he's ever visited. The pool was very nice and the hotel bar and restaurant was very nice, especially the 2 for 1 bar specials. They had Bingo and Church Services. They also have an outdoor market there once a week which was nice. The jewelry & stuff could tend to be pricey but some was very good.

The beach itself was lovely. The hotel is right on the beach and they have plenty of chairs and leaf covered umbrellas with little tables and nails in the to hold your stuff so you can get shade during the day. The current pulls you to the right but it's pretty tame with almost no waves to speak of, calm and relaxing is how I would describe our time in the water.

Behind the hotel is a small square of some kind and behind that is a Duncan Donuts, expensive but familiar. We went shopping at a local supermarket but be warned, a case of bottled water is $27 US so we ended up using a pitcher and ice cubes at the beach instead. Snacks are also ridiculously expensive, like $10 for Doritos or something like that, so bring your own in your luggage. There was a wonderful outdoor market where we picked up knock off designer sunglasses for the kids, some lovely cheap jewelry, hats and other touristy stuff for very good prices, this is the best place for this stuff so seek the market out.

Also, we saved a bundle by driving down to the beach where all the boats drop off snorkelers ourselves and had a great time free. I think the beach is called Asachi Beach and it was wonderful, you should probably take the time to familiarize yourself and your children what to avoid while in the water. You have to be careful to not step on any of the sea urchins and watch out for the sea snakes called Sea Krait, we saw one but it wanted nothing to do with us so I guess they are fine as long as you don't step on one, which is probably easy to avoid because you can see straight down to the bottom. We got all the fish to come to us by dropping little bits of bread into the water, it was very nice.

Aruba is beautiful and this place is functional, but if you want upscale do the Hyatt, that place was magnificent.

I will go back to Aruba, I am not sure where we'll stay yet though. I wouldn't count this place out but it's not my first choice either.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Luvorlando1
Reviewed August 2, 2010

If you are looking for night life, this is not the place. On the other hand if you just want to relax with a group of friendly people this is your place. All the staff and other guests made you feel so welcome. We did like most people , we had breakfast and lunch in the room and would go out for dinner. Lots of great places to have dinner and everyone will give you their favorites.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Bobintn
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Very comfortable rooms, nice beds, nice tvs, great kitchenette and bathroom. The staff was all very nice the whole 2 weeks we were there. The location is perfect- we are not the type of couple that would enjoy the overpacked high rise area. The lowrise area in Aruba is our version of relaxing vacation on the best beach in the world. The restaurant at the pool at the ABC is terrific too. We never had a problem getting a palapa no matter what time of day we went out to the beach. Never felt crowded. Cannot recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PandorasInk
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Very clean, people were extremely nice. Would love to go back some day!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank CookieG4
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Before traveling I always try to be well informed and read as much as I can about the area and facility I am traveling to. I read many reviews about ABC before traveling and had mixed emotions about the place. I am happy to report that the facility exceeded my expectations. First of all it is not the Ritz nor should anyone expect that type of place. It is on a par with a Holiday Inn Express. The units are simple in furnishings but very functional. The kitchens were adequately stocked. The bathrooms clean and serviceable and the rest of the facility were very nice. The pool area and bar were nice and happy hour was enjoyable every day. We went to Lings and bought food for breakfast and lunch and had dinner out most nights. One suggestion I would make is to take the Divi Sales tour and get the gift certificates. The tour is nice and the certificates for casino money or dinner were worth the hour we spent. Rent a car one day is all you need you can do the whole island in a day. One of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
#1 of 1 in Malmok Beach
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Beach Club? Share your experiences!