“Stayed at Manchebo. Ate at Ike's Daily.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ike's Bistro

Ike's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Ike's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ike’s Bistro boasts a delicious menu of chef’s specialties. While Mediterranean at heart, it is inspired by Caribbean ingredients and chef Ever de Peña his passion for avant-garde fusion ideas. With seating in the garden terrace or around the tropical pool, the experience is enchanting and all menu items are extremely enticing. Let the chef surprise you with his 4-course tasting menu accompanied with a great selection of wines from the Mediterranean and the Americas.
Chicago, Illinois
“Stayed at Manchebo. Ate at Ike's Daily.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Manchebo Resort in September 2013 for 9 days. We had the all-inclusive package, so we ate all of our breakfasts and several dinners at Ike's. I have a gluten intolerance and spoke with the restaurant manager on the first day. (Make sure to bring a gluten warning restaurant card on vacation with you in English or Spanish to share.) He was very helpful and the staff knew my dietary needs for the remainder of the trip (with some reminders; to be expected). They do get confused between a gluten and dairy, but a simple explanation works well. The breakfast is standard, but very good (can't go wrong with eggs, bacon and sausage!). Gluten free bread toasted separately in the kitchen was available for me. What a treat! Dinner was very relaxed and enjoyable. We made a reservation each day, so we could sit by the pool during dinner. We never felt rushed. The service was great. Jason was our server several times and he is incredibly attentive and sweet. Our glasses were never unfilled! The steak was a little overcooked, but the fish was always delicious. My only issue, had we not had the all-inclusive package, would have been the prices.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Indianapolis
“Great service, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Ate at Ike's our first night. Had the shrimp pesto pasta and my husband had surf and turf. Food was very good and good sized portions. Great well rounded menu made it hard to decide on our choices. Manager came to check on us, and she was extremely friendly. Romantic atmosphere dining outside by the pool.

East Meadow, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I have been to Aruba several times in the past few years and can't believe that we didn't find the gem that Ike's Bistro is before this trip! The chef, Ever de Pena, has an amazing menu--fresh seafood, great soups, amazing drinks...this place should be a must for anyone visiting Aruba! I left off the last star solely because the restaurant are currently under renovation, so the décor isn't great, but we can't wait to see what it looks like when we return during our next trip. We even went back a second time before we left the island! I had the tomato soup as an appetizer and the main entrée of shrimp, green beans with risotto and a banana daiquiri (I would say the best drink on the island--a big drink with a great price). It was so good, I had the exact meal the second time. The first time, my husband had the catch of the day which he loved and the shrimp a la brava when we went back the second time. During both meals, the wait staff were very attentive and friendly. Enjoy!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Goodyear, Arizona
“Great meal at Ike's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had our anniversary dinner at Ike’s. Nice ambiance; outside by the pool at Manchebo Resort. We ordered the crab cake for an appetizer and it was wonderful! Much larger than we expected and enough for the two of us. My husband ordered the beef medallions with mushrooms which was excellent as was my homemade fettucini pesto with shrimp and scallops. This was a very mild pesto cream sauce, and I could barely taste the basil, but it was very good. We were too full to try dessert. The service here was wonderful! Very friendly hostess and waitress.

1 Thank viking4866
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent Food, Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went to Ike's Bistro 2 times while in Aruba and both times we left very happy and satisfied. The entire staff is friendly, professional, and always greet you with a smile. Both times our server was Jason and he is absolutely wonderful and incredibly nice. The food was delicious and the Chef, Ever de Pena, really knows what he's doing. We will definitely come back to Ike's when we return to Aruba!

1 Thank nataliezil