“Food was always awsom”
Review of Ike's Bistro

Ike's Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ike’s Bistro boasts a delicious menu of chef’s specialties. While Mediterranean at heart, it is inspired by Caribbean ingredients and chef Ever de Peña his passion for avant-garde fusion ideas. With seating in the garden terrace or around the tropical pool, the experience is enchanting and all menu items are extremely enticing. Let the chef surprise you with his 4-course tasting menu accompanied with a great selection of wines from the Mediterranean and the Americas.
Canastota, New York
“Food was always awsom”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Fresh fish everyday, chef gave us samples every dinner. Every meal was fresh and seasoned well . Nice to sit by the pool at night and relax and be waited on. Get the orange crem brule' , take to your room for later

Visited October 2013

Freehold, New Jersey
“A Good Experience!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

If you are staying in the low rise area of Aruba, and want a peaceful, romantic, quality dinner - check out Ike's!

If you are in the high rise and want to try something different, have plenty of time, it's worth the taxi ride.

Yes, service was a bit slow but worth the wait. Our server took good care of us and we were sent a taste of the tomato soup, compliments of the chef (so good). My recommendation: order a bottle of wine, go with company you enjoy, and try the shrimp with risotto dish. The chocolate dessert was also the best of our honeymoon!

Sterling, Virginia
“Good Food, Good Service!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I ate here two of the ten days we spent in Aruba for our honeymoon- partly out of convenience (being next door to our resort) and partly because the bread was so good! This is nowhere near the best place we ate on the island of Aruba but it is an all-around solid experience. The food is good (especially the grouper and red snapper), the services is good and the prices are fair. My only negative would be that they seat tables around the hotel pool, where hotel guests are still permitted to swim. If staying on Eagle Beach, I'd recommend Ike's but I wouldn't consider it a "must go" if it were out of the way.

Sharon, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding service, great food”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and stayed at the Manchebo resort for our honeymoon, and Ike's Bistro is one of the restaurant's at the resort. The restaurant itself is very nice, pool side seating looking out over the beach, it's a beautiful view, there is often live music as well which is nice. We've grown accustomed to on site restaurants being more about convenience that quality over the years, but that is not at all the case here, the food is amazing! We ate there almost every night, tried something different each time, and were never disappointed. You really can't go wrong, it was all delicious. We had Jason a couple of times over the course of the week and he was great, he had wonderful suggestions regarding the restaurant (try the tasting menu, it's really fun!), but he also had great suggestions for day time trips around the island which was helpful for us. I can't say enough about how happy we were with our numerous visits to Ike's, it is worth the trip even if you're staying elsewhere.

1 Thank Tobi P
Bath, United Kingdom
“Sveral visits”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

They serve Tapas here and we ate these on two occasions. Both times I had mushrooms and my wife shrimps with a creme brule for desert.Excellent with a nice friendly lady at the bar.
We heard the Cuban sax/clarinet player who was very good so went for a full meal on two occasions he was playing. We had the same table at the side of the pool both times.
I had tomato soup,possibly the best ever,followed by Red Snapper and my wife Wanut and Fetta salad followed by Beef Mignon. All were excellent and the right proportions for us.{Most cater for the American size)They also served a Riesling,my favourite.
The second time the Tomato soup was a little more spicy and I had Grouper which I thought better than the Snapper. My wife had the same starter and a beef fillet.Again with a creme brule and I had the Riesling.Could not fault any and our waiter Jason was lovely.