“Great diner”
Review of Ike's Bistro

Ike's Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ike’s Bistro boasts a delicious menu of chef’s specialties. While Mediterranean at heart, it is inspired by Caribbean ingredients and chef Ever de Peña his passion for avant-garde fusion ideas. With seating in the garden terrace or around the tropical pool, the experience is enchanting and all menu items are extremely enticing. Let the chef surprise you with his 4-course tasting menu accompanied with a great selection of wines from the Mediterranean and the Americas.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Great diner”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ike's bistro os located in the Manchebo beach resort. Tables outside are arranged around the pool. The diner was great. I really enjoyed lamb chops and also the sea bass was great. Only comment would be that the red wine was at "room temperature" and thus about 30 degrees celsius which didn't enhance the taste of the wine.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Food was very good, just be prepared to wait”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner very much, entrees are elegantly prepared. Service is very good, but it is the kitchen that is very, very slow with the entrees. I think the staff feels a little awkward with how long it takes for the kitchen to prepare entrees. They tell you that it is 'almost ready', and this is with the restaurant being only half full too. Nice setting around the pool sets the ambiance.

Omaha
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Ike's was next to our resort (Bucuti & Tara) and we are very glad that our concierge recommended it to us! The service is really top notch! I've seen complaints about slow service, but you have to remember everyone is on island time! We had no probably spending extra time alone or talking to one another! The food was delicious and was priced at a great value compared to other restaurants on the island. We recommended Ike's during our stay and continue to do so to anyone we know traveling to Aruba.

Visited September 2013
Scotland
“Amazing with excellent service & atmosphere”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just arrived back from my honeymoon and I have to say that the food, service and atmosphere at Ike's was of a very high standard. The food was amazing, fresh fish from fillet steak there was an excellent choice. I would recommend the chef's surprise at $48 for a 4 course dinner the surprise is that you don't know what you will be served although the excellent waiter in Jason will ensure the Chef fully understands what you enjoy.

Jason was a fantastic waiter throughout my 1 week stay, however the overall service was excellent, Jason for me just went that extra mile to ensure you enjoyed your visit. On my last evening, the chef put a special mention on my plate, "Safe Flight" which again for me only demonstrates his attention to detail.

I cannot find really any fault with Ike's however I accept the service can be slow although you should dine here and soak up the great poolside atmosphere along with the high quality of food on offer.

Cannot wait to return to Ike's next year.

• Visited August 2013
New York
“Slow service, small portions.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My friend and I came here last night and were disappointed. Yes the atmosphere is very nice sitting by the pool but the service is slow and we waited a long time getting our entrees. Waiting almost an hour is not good considering the restaurant was half full. My friend had the swordfish special and I had the seafood paella. The portions were very small. My paella had 3 shrimp, 2 mussels, 1 clam and 1 scallop. It looked more like an appetizer. The food was good but not good enough to return. There are much better restaurants on the island.

2 Thank LisaNewYork