We stayed at the Bucuti Beach Resort in the Tara Suites from December 2nd through December 8, 2006. We've stayed at Bucuti before in 2003 before Tara was completed. The new rooms are very nice and have lots of amenities. These would include a mini bar, two TV's, a microwave and a large bathroom. The service was great and the complementary continental breakfast was a nice perk. Another nice thing about this place is the Sand Bar. They had Lee Connor playing steel drums which sets a great mood for the beach at happy hour. Bucuti offers activities planning which we used in the past but not this time because we were just taking it easy. I wish we'd gone on a snorkeling tour (maybe next time). In 2003 we did an island tour with Gemini (Frank) and it was well worth the $30. Highly recommended.
The concierge was very helpful in recommending places for dinner. I'll list the places we ate at: Mango's at Amsterdam Mannor was pretty good but the service was slow. Madam Jeanette was very good and the service was good. The location was sort of weird. Then Marandi...this was my favorite place and everything was delicious. It was right on the water just past the downtown area. Food and drinks were excellent. Try the Aruba Ariba and the Aruban Coffee. I'd give this place 5 stars! We also ate at Gasparito's for a taste of local Aruba cusine. The food and service were very good. The portions were very large here. After feeling tired of going to fancy places, we decided to give Pizza Bob's a try. This place is just across the street from Bucuti. The pizza was great and the Balashi was cold and served in a huge mug. This was a great place for casual dining. For our last evening, we had dinner on the beach at the Pirate's Nest @ Bucuti. This was a very nice touch to cap off a great vacation. We ate at two places for lunch while we were about and about: Salt and Peppers and The Paddock....both were very good.
The only other things we did that were sight seeing related were going to the Butterfly Farm and touring the Numismatic Museum. Both were very interesting.
We traveled by taxi usually but the bus system worked very well for going to downtown and to the highrise area.
The only disappointment we had with Bucuti was that they allowed some very small children on this visit. We encountered a screaming child while trying to relax on the beach. This only lasted about 30 minutes. The other was that some of the parents brought their small children to the bar at happy hour. In 2003, it was all adults. I hope Bucuti will continue to cater to couples and continue their atmosphere of peace and quiet. That is why we will keep coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort, located on Aruba's spacious and beautiful Eagle Beach, is award-winning and owner-operated. The 4-star and 4-diamond resort receives high satisfaction ratings and recognition that includes #1 Hotel for Romance in the Caribbean 2017, Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, and Green Globe High Achievement Award. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. The intimate atmosphere is exclusive and relaxing to couples seeking tranquility and romantic experiences. No groups and no all-inclusive packages available. Two top restaurants available on property and romantic beach dining. Breakfast is free daily.Resort's website offers you the Best Available Rate including all taxes and fees, free breakfast and free WiFi. (Not all-inclusive) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach