Wonderful Week at Bucuti Beach
Date: October 22 - October 29, 2006
We are just back from a wonderful weeks stay at the Bucuti Beach Resort on Eagle Beach in Aruba. Everything was wonderful. My wife and I were in the Tara Suites and our son and daughter were in the newly refurbished Bucuti Wing. Both rooms were great. We found them to be clean and bright and daily Housekeeping was great. We had no issues what so ever with any type of bugs. As has been reported, we occassionally needed to empty the de-humidifier in our Tara Suite room, but this was not an issue for us. There was a slightly musty smell the Sunday we checked in, but it quickly disappeared and we did not notice it the rest of the week. It was mainly in the stairwell of the Tara Building. We did not see any mold or mildew anywhere.
The beach is beautiful and never crowded. There are more than enough Palapala's for the rooms and we always had loungers and shade. The weather was perfect - warm but with a nice breeze.
We enjoyed the beach service, for drinks one day and for lunch on another occasion. Our 2 dinners at the Pirates Nest were good, but not as outstanding as some of the other restaurants on the island. This is an area that could be improved upon.
The staff at the Sand Bar were efficient and friendly and we enjoyed it here.
The pool is nothing to speak of, but the manager explained to us that starting in January they will be completely redesigning it. It should be completed in mid February. He showed us architects renderings and it looks really nice.
In February they are also adding Room Service for all meals as an amenity. And in March they will be enclosing and air conditioning the Pirates Nest restaurant. They will keep their outdoor seating area, but guests will have a choice in the future.
We ate twice at Pizza Bob's, across the driveway and we enjoyed it very much. Good Pizza, good food and good service. On Saturday they had live music that was very good.
We ate at the French Steakhouse next door at the Manchebo resort and we were very disappointed. Only marginal food and awful service.. We also ate at Madamme Janette's which was wonderful. It is a restaurant on par with any big city restaurant in the US. It was wonderful.
We also had lunch at Iguana Joe's which was good and fun, as well as Charlies Bar in San Nicholas. The shrimp and beer were good, but expensive.
Bucuti is a wonderful small resort. It is quiet, as we desired, but a short cab ride away from the action if you wish. They have a niche market they target, and they do this job well. According to their manager we talked with, they have no desire to grow above the 104 rooms they have, but they will continue to make enhancements to the resort.
We will definitely return for another wonderful week in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort, located on Aruba's spacious and beautiful Eagle Beach, is award-winning and owner-operated. The 4-star and 4-diamond resort receives high satisfaction ratings and recognition that includes #1 Hotel for Romance in the Caribbean 2017, Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, and Green Globe High Achievement Award. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. The intimate atmosphere is exclusive and relaxing to couples seeking tranquility and romantic experiences. No groups and no all-inclusive packages available. Two top restaurants available on property and romantic beach dining. Breakfast is free daily.Resort's website offers you the Best Available Rate including all taxes and fees, free breakfast and free WiFi. (Not all-inclusive) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach