Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$295
$200
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$369
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$242
$209
HolidayInn.com
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$909
$559
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$509
$423
Bookit.com
$359
Hotels.com
$260
$249
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$117
$289
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$315
$295
Orbitz.com
5,017 results
All reviewselements restaurantsand barour honeymoonred flagcarte blancheair purifiermary annhigh rise areahappy hourbathroom mirrorjuan carlosromantic dinnerglass of champagnethe penthouseconcierge teamevery morningsunset sail
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My recent week's stay at the Bucuti was wonderful, to say the least. From the moment we arrived, Toine gave us his full attention, even changed our room to the non-smoking side, without a fuss. He couldn't have been more helpful , as is the entire staff at the Bucuti. The Bucuti room was large, with a king sized bed , desk, couch and a delightful patio.It was clean, orderly and very secure. The card keys open all entnrances to the hotel and even the restrooms at the pool . This made us feel quite secure. The pool is clean and beautiful, with comfortable lounges and "beds"!! Breakfast is unbelievable, with home made omelets, pancakes, french toast, and the usual fruit, rolls, cereal, etc. Even the juices are delicious. The staff , including Marina and Anchie are a delight! The casino is within walking distance, as is the bus stop. Within 5 minutes you are in town. The best thing about Bucuti is, without a doubt, the BEACH!! Turquoise water, soft sand and ample space for all are some things we will never forget. We will be back!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ElaineNY
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I booked our honeymoon as a surprise to my fiancee. We were on a budget so we booked the regular superior room (i will talk a little more about that below). I was a little worried about June because it is the beginning of hurricane season, although it is in the safe belt of the ABC islands, so I was told there shouldn't be much rain. They were right! It maybe drizzled one day of our week long vacation. And going at the beginning of the hurricane season was actually a good thing, because there was a steady breeze most days. You would bake to death in the direct sun in minutes, if not for the breeze. But the breeze made it incredibly pleasant. We spent our days laying out under the palm cabanas, and taking dips in the crystal blue water to cool down. On the particularly smooth days we rented snorkel equipment and just floated in the water right off the hotel looking for fish and diving for shells. It was great, though the snorkeling a little further up the island (near the high rises at Catalina beach) was much more colorful.

Being that it is a smaller hotel, known for its quiet and solitude, we didn't know what to do with ourselves at first. We had gone from being completely high-strung preparing for the wedding, then we had all our family in town...then suddenly we got to Bucuti and we had nothing to do. We got there and noticed that every other room was a honeymooner (although Bucuti staff does do little things to make your honeymoon feel special). But we seriously didn't know how to wind down.

Our first night we took a walk on the beach, and we got to see endangered leatherback sea turtle hatchlings making their way to the water. It was incredible. Then we kind of sunk into life there.

Being on a budget, the hotel is listed as one of the cheaper luxury hotels, and it is. The standard superior rooms are superior to any hotel room I've ever been in. They are beautifully designed, spacious and clean. I was a little apprehensive before we got there and thought about upgrading, but I am glad we didn't. The room was more than gorgeous. The site is right on the beach, only 50 yards away from Tara suites. We had a beautiful balcony we had wine and cheese on and watched the sunset. (If you stay in a superior, request a balcony on the upper level!) And we used the $500 or so we saved on not getting the room upgrade to explore the island: snorkeling, dinners in town, trips to the high rises, renting a jeep and off-roading through the national park.

Caution: Food in aruba is expensive. A reasonably priced meal will easily cost $30 a person without alcohol, so expect that. Even the smaller local places are expensive, unless you go all the way to the other side of the island. So we took the bus (we took the bus everywhere...it's cheap and easy and like 55 cents a trip) to the local supermarket and bought lunch food for the week. We probably spent $70 on wine, beer, fruit, veggies, chips, dip and sandwich stuff, and loaded it into our mini-fridge. We brought our beer and wine and food down to the beach each day. That ended up saving us a lot of money, and we were able to have some drinks from the bar, go out at night for dinner and have a very romantic dinner our last night at Bucuti's pirate's nest restaurant. Try going there at least once for dinner, but be prepared to drop some bills. I got the jumbo jumbo shrimp. Yes...one jumbo is not enough! Delicious.

Each morning we woke up around 8 or 9. Lathered up with sunscreen (seriously bring 3 bottles for a week), my wife tans very well and she got burnt to a crisp our first day.). Then we would put our towels out and claim a cabana, before going to the pirate's nest for their complementary breakfast. Great yogurt and fresh omelets! Then we'd lay out all day, swim and lastly go out to dinner.

A couple nights Bucuti had movie night, and we got a bottle of wine, laid out on the beach in lounge chairs and watched the movie Chocolat under the stars. It was really romantic.

Lastly, if you have mad adventurous skills, rent a 4x4 jeep (about $100 for the day) and drive around the island. We took a trip to the California lighthouse at the tip of the island, then things got crazy. We decided to go off-roading in the national forest. There is a road...but it's not much of a road, and sometimes it would disappear all together and you wouldn't know where to go until some other jeep would roll by, climb some mountain and disappear. We would look at each other and say..."i guess its that way." The "road" follows the gorgeous rocky coastline. In the park we went to a cute tiny old church, the abandoned gold mine building, saw the old natural bridge (or where it used to be) entered some caves and saw some 1000 year old cave paintings. You need a guide if you're going to go to the natural pool, so we didn't get to see that. But there were wild goats and donkeys. It's a little confusing and easy to get lost, but the plus side is the island is tiny, so its easy to re-find one's way. (Check out the photos I posted!)

The tapas bar Salt and Pepper was decently priced in the high rise area...Only down side was we went to go into what we thought was the hot tub at night, and it was the same temperature as the cool pool water. Apparently not a hot tub. Not really that much of a big deal. Took a bath instead.

I don't have much more to say except I wish I was back there right now. Completely worth it, and it was a honeymoon to remember.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dayvohn
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Excellent hotel. Big clean rooms. Very friendly and helpful stuff. The best beach I've been so far. Good breakfast. The only problem was coming back - 4 days and nights in paradise is not enough!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AKach
Reviewed July 24, 2009

The beach in front of the hotel is absolutely gorgeous, and there's plenty of room on the beach- no fighting for loungers or shady spots. The hotel room itself , which was in the Bucuti wing, left a bit to be desired. I stayed here for 5 days with friends, and we had to request that housekeeping come to clean the room each day. Although we tried reusing the towels, it's very humid, and we had a ground floor room that was rather damp. So the towels took forever to dry and generated a very mildewey smell. Also, the vanity wasn't level and the faucet was set too far back so that the water would pour onto the counter. So the wet floors and counters added to the smell. The linens also had a musty smell. The most aggravating thing however, were the keys cards for the doors. My key frequently failed to work, and I had to go to the front desk at least once a day for a new key card. Although they kept warning me that it could be demagnetized if placed next to credit cards, I only held mine in my pocket, so that couldn't be the reason. I recommend this place for the beach and would recommend getting a room in the Tara Suites and not Bucuti.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Boston73
Reviewed July 24, 2009

My husband and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary with a trip to Aruba and a stay at the Bucutti. The Bucutti is a wonderful. We loved it!! The staff is very friendly and polite. We were given a free upgrade to a Tara Beach Suite. The view was fabulous. The room was large, clean, comfortable and fashionable. We were given a gift basket with cheese, crackers, chocolates and champagne. The Bucutti caters to couples and couples are pretty much all you see at the Bucutti. Most couples keep to themselves so the Bucutti is quiete, peaceful and relaxing. The beach is fantastic. Beautiful soft sand and turquoises water. The restaurant at the Bucutti is fine for breakfast and lunch, but I would not recommend it for dinner. There are many nicer restaurants with much better food on the Island. The concierges are happy to provide recommendations and make reservations. We would happily stay at the Bucutti again even if we don't get another free upgrade!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple