“The Ultimate Honeymoon Experience”

Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Words can’t quite describe how amazing our experience at Bucuti was. My husband and I booked with Bucuti nearly a year prior to our honeymoon trip because we knew we wanted the ultimate honeymoon experience, and that is exactly what we got.

Before we even departed, we’d been corresponding with Madeline and Mary Ann at the concierge desk, and they were a dream, answering all of our questions and helping us with some last-minute dinner reservations once we arrived. Toine was also an immense help when we needed to get things scheduled -- one of which was the guest-exclusive sunset sail, which was an incredibly fun way to meet some of the other couples staying at Bucuti.

Upon arrival at Bucuti, our bags were quickly loaded onto a cart with a big smile and welcome from Carlo -- he always seemed to be around when we arrived or departed, and he was incredibly friendly and welcoming! The resort manager, Deborah, was also present when we arrived, and we ran into her quite a few times -- she was also so helpful, always asking how our trip was and if she could do anything to make it better.

Once we got checked in with a couple glasses of champagne, JP walked us up to our room -- we splurged and booked the penthouse suite in the Tara wing, like I said, we wanted the ultimate honeymoon experience! JP made me close my eyes and walked me through the suite out onto the balcony. The view absolutely took my breath away. Picture perfect, nothing can compare.
The penthouse was gorgeous -- one side was a full kitchen, dining room, and living room; the other side was the bedroom. The balcony was bigger than some other hotel rooms we had stayed in. The television inside the mirror in the bathroom was a nice touch, as were the dispensers of soap, lotion, shampoo, and body wash (I made sure to bring my own conditioner, because I knew the combo shampoo/conditioner would not be enough for wind-whipped hair!). The penthouse suite had a stall shower as well as a separate bathtub.

Good to note, the water never runs cold -- I assume this is part of the environmentally friendly philosophy at Bucuti, but my husband, who loves cold showers after being in the sun all day, was not a huge fan -- I didn’t mind, though! We did go through a lot of ice, however, when filling up our complimentary water bottles. Oh, did I mention the complimentary water bottles?? And bottle of champagne, champagne flutes, wheel of cheese, and box of crackers. We were definitely treated like VIPs at Bucuti.

The entire resort is breathtaking -- on the beach, the sand is white and soft, the water clear and cool. The open-air bar was one of our favorite hangouts during happy hour, where Marina would serve us the secret “Slippery Monkey” frozen cocktail, which always hit the spot. If we didn’t want to mosey up to the bar, we could get service right at our palapa -- the four grass-roofed ones right on the beach are reserved for guests staying in the penthouse until 5, when they had to be vacated to set up for the sunset dinner. We also ate breakfast there a couple times, bringing our trays from the Elements buffet out over the sand and into the palapa.

Breakfast was always a treat, as nearly everything you could want in a breakfast/brunch spread was available. We dined the first few mornings on the Elements deck or in our palapa, but halfway through the trip discovered how wonderful the breakfast in the Tara building was as well -- both ladies (their names escape me!) were so incredibly friendly and we got the VIP treatment once again by eating breakfast in the Tara building.

From the moment we arrived, to the moment we departed, we received nothing but the best from Bucuti and its staff. When we were checking out, the owner stopped by the desk to ask us how our stay was and I burst into tears because I was so sad to be leaving Bucuti. Before we checked out, we made sure to visit the reservations office and we are thrilled to already be planning our next trip to Bucuti for our one-year anniversary in 2014. See you soon, Bucuti!

Room Tip: The penthouse suite is the ultimate splurge, which includes a private reserved palapa.
3  Thank Maria S
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Madelin, MaryAnn, Toine Carlo and our manager Deborah and the rest of us wish you an continued Honeymoon and like to thank you for your wonderful comments on this CSI review board.
We are proud to have been able to contribute in making your visit the "Ultimate Honeymoon Experience"
We hope to be able to serve you soon again on our "One Happy Island"

Biemans@Bucuti.com

There are newer reviews for Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Arrived here very tired and stressed after having an unplanned overnight stay in Amsterdam. Additionally our luggage wasn't at Aruba airport. But from the moment we entered the hotel everything was getting better and better. The entire staff was so helpful in taking care of our luggage, especially a guy named Toine. We got an upgrade to our room and they even didn't mention it! Moreover we got free T-Shirts and aluminium bottles that can be filled with water from dispenser throughout the resort. The next day a staff member handed us a bag with cheese, crackers, chocolate, a champagne bottle and two champagne glasses. This was a gift because of our wedding anniversary. Since our suitcases were missing an important medication had to be replaced. Toine called a doctor who talked to my wife and literally 15 minutes later a prescription was available at a nearby pharmacy. Toine took us with his car to the pharmacy so that we received the medication.
As far as the hotel is concerned we found the most perfect beach we ever saw, white-sanded and not crowded at all. Everything was very clean and there was absolutely no bad smell neither at the beach nor in the room. Our Deluxe room with a king bed was very spacious with a fridge, a microwave and a safe. Of course the dehumidifier and the air purifier are a bit noisy but you can turn them off anytime. Unfortunately to avoid mildew and mold the French window couldn't stay open at night to hear the waves. But, hey, these are peanuts. Everything else is perfect, the breakfast that can be taken either inside the Tara Lounge or outside at the Elements restaurant, the helpful and friendly staff, the beach, the view from the balcony, and and and. And of course thanks to Toine who continuously talked to KLM and the airport staff we received our suitcases two days later.

2  Thank Jumb0lin0

We are perfectly happy too, for having saved your day and we thank Toine for coming to your rescue in such an efficient way.
We are grateful for your wonderful comments on everything "Bucuti" and wish us "auf Wiedersehen"

With sunny regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I am overdue a trip back to Aruba. When I visited I was fortunate enought o stay at Bucuti Beach Resort! what delightful hotel. I stayed on the 2nd floor of the original hotel and could not have been happier. It is right on the beach. I enjoyed daily lunch service and drinks from the restaurant. Staff we all so professional and helpful. I wouldn't plan to stay anywhere else. I prefer a smaller hotel and this met my expectations in every way. Look forward to a return trip soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsColleen

BonBini to Aruba - welcome back .....
Thank you for your wonderful comments on our services and resort. We are proud to serve you and look forward to a "pronto" return.
Masha danki....

Ewald BIemans

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We just spent 5 nights in a beachfront suite at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts for our honeymoon and LOVED it! First and foremost, amazing service. The staff treats you as if they've known you for many years. They always greet you with a smile and a warm hello. We highly recommend the romantic beachfront dinner at sunset. The food was amazing and view is unforgettable. Right off your back patio you see the beautiful aqua blue water and powdery sand. Beaches do not get much better than this! Also, being that this was our honeymoon, we were very pleased about Bucuti being an adults-only resort.

This resort was well worth every penny we spent to stay here!

2  Thank Trisha S

We love your comment "you MUST stay here", we say this every day to our potential customers.
You saying it makes all the difference in the world - we appreciate it very much!
We hope to be of service again sometime soon....
Masha Danki

BIemans@bucuti.com

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Bucuti Beach Hotel in July for our 25th wedding anniversary and it truly was paradise. From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't do enough, and looked after our every need. The hotel itself is situated right on the whitest, softest sand I've every seen. The guests are mostly couples, no children allowed, and are a mixture of of newly weds, those celebrating their anniversaries and then those that enjoyed it that much they return whenever they can. It's not cheap but for a special occasion it really is worth it and if you want a touch of luxury this is definitely the right place.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Cheryl C

Greetings and once again a "Happy Anniversary". We are happy to note that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit to Aruba and our resort.
We thank you for your wonderful comments on this review site and hope to be able to serve you again in the near future,
sunny regards,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

A big thank you to the entire staff at Bucuti. You all helped me make my dream come true. I got engaged at Bucuti on Oct 13, 2013 and from the moment I booked my Tara Suite in August and starting emailing with Toine I knew I had made the right choice. Every staff member we came in contact with was more warm, friendly and accommodating then the next. Manuel, Angelo, Janice, Marina, Orville and Mario to name a few. They could not do enough for us. Thank you to Robert Arenz who took beautiful pictures of me and my fiancé the evening of our engagement. All the reviews I read on Bucuti on Tripadvisor were right on the money. If you are looking for a romantic, peaceful resort sitting right on beautiful eagle beach with excellent food, wonderful accommodations, impeccable service (a happy smile from every staff member every time you see them) and amazingly clean, then this is your place. It may sound weird but, I was delighted to see the maintenance staff polishing the tops of garbage pales and then positioning them so they sit evenly and balanced on the sand as well as cleaning light fixtures at the sand bar and towel booth. The attention to detail at this resort was one I will never forget. Thanks again to the entire staff at Bucuti and to Mr. Ewald Biemans for creating such a beautiful resort for the world to enjoy! We will be back

Room Tip: The view from our Tara Suite was fantastic
2  Thank NewScubaMan
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I recall saying goodbye to you on your departure date, I got teary eyed as well. Toine, Manuel, Angelo, Janice, Marina, Orville and Mario and the entire crew here thank you for your wonderful comments and look forward to serving you in the very near future.
Please let us know is we can be of further service.
Happiness to you and your Fiance'

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We could not be happier with our choice in honeymooning at Bucuti. It was the perfect place to spend our first week as a married couple.
The location - we loved the low rise area, as we wanted a relaxing location. It's a very short ride from the action. We enjoyed the high rise area/Oranjestad but coming back after visits felt like coming home! (The greeter, Carl I believe, always gave a great welcome!)
Staff- professional yet warm. I can't say enough nice things. They all work hard and seem so genuine in caring for guests. The concierge team were excellent and shared great info. Albert was a pleasure when showing us our room.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. We stayed in a standard room and it was perfect for us.

The grounds...amazing! They seemed to have mastered it. Such a mix of luxury yet simplicity. It was difficult to decide if we should lounge by the beach or by the pool. Temperature of the pool was always perfect and refreshing.

There were always people around, yet it was never crowded. Such a great balance, and it's impossible not to relax here.

We enjoyed the food at the resort. Breakfast was a great addition. It's nice to wake up and go right to the deck overlooking the sea, and the variety/quality/staff were all wonderful.
Happy hour from 9-10pm was enjoyable, perfect setting, music playing and great bartenders. Aldrick makes the best beaten buccaneer drinks! Ricardo was our waiter for a romantic dinner, and he did an excellent job.

Overall, this place is special. It will be hard to vacation elsewhere!!
Great choice for honeymooners or couples looking to reconnect in a beautiful place, where you are treated so well.

We will be coming back for anniversary celebrations in the future! Thanks Bucuti for the perfect honeymoon setting.

Mr & Mrs Zick

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank MrsZ1012

We love the "Honeymoon Perfection" comments you posted on TripAdvisor.
All of us at Bucuti & Tara love to read these reviews - they provide us with valuable feedback and pride.
We wish you an "eternal honeymoon" and hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Masha Danki

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#14 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba? Share your experiences!