Words can’t quite describe how amazing our experience at Bucuti was. My husband and I booked with Bucuti nearly a year prior to our honeymoon trip because we knew we wanted the ultimate honeymoon experience, and that is exactly what we got.
Before we even departed, we’d been corresponding with Madeline and Mary Ann at the concierge desk, and they were a dream, answering all of our questions and helping us with some last-minute dinner reservations once we arrived. Toine was also an immense help when we needed to get things scheduled -- one of which was the guest-exclusive sunset sail, which was an incredibly fun way to meet some of the other couples staying at Bucuti.
Upon arrival at Bucuti, our bags were quickly loaded onto a cart with a big smile and welcome from Carlo -- he always seemed to be around when we arrived or departed, and he was incredibly friendly and welcoming! The resort manager, Deborah, was also present when we arrived, and we ran into her quite a few times -- she was also so helpful, always asking how our trip was and if she could do anything to make it better.
Once we got checked in with a couple glasses of champagne, JP walked us up to our room -- we splurged and booked the penthouse suite in the Tara wing, like I said, we wanted the ultimate honeymoon experience! JP made me close my eyes and walked me through the suite out onto the balcony. The view absolutely took my breath away. Picture perfect, nothing can compare.
The penthouse was gorgeous -- one side was a full kitchen, dining room, and living room; the other side was the bedroom. The balcony was bigger than some other hotel rooms we had stayed in. The television inside the mirror in the bathroom was a nice touch, as were the dispensers of soap, lotion, shampoo, and body wash (I made sure to bring my own conditioner, because I knew the combo shampoo/conditioner would not be enough for wind-whipped hair!). The penthouse suite had a stall shower as well as a separate bathtub.
Good to note, the water never runs cold -- I assume this is part of the environmentally friendly philosophy at Bucuti, but my husband, who loves cold showers after being in the sun all day, was not a huge fan -- I didn’t mind, though! We did go through a lot of ice, however, when filling up our complimentary water bottles. Oh, did I mention the complimentary water bottles?? And bottle of champagne, champagne flutes, wheel of cheese, and box of crackers. We were definitely treated like VIPs at Bucuti.
The entire resort is breathtaking -- on the beach, the sand is white and soft, the water clear and cool. The open-air bar was one of our favorite hangouts during happy hour, where Marina would serve us the secret “Slippery Monkey” frozen cocktail, which always hit the spot. If we didn’t want to mosey up to the bar, we could get service right at our palapa -- the four grass-roofed ones right on the beach are reserved for guests staying in the penthouse until 5, when they had to be vacated to set up for the sunset dinner. We also ate breakfast there a couple times, bringing our trays from the Elements buffet out over the sand and into the palapa.
Breakfast was always a treat, as nearly everything you could want in a breakfast/brunch spread was available. We dined the first few mornings on the Elements deck or in our palapa, but halfway through the trip discovered how wonderful the breakfast in the Tara building was as well -- both ladies (their names escape me!) were so incredibly friendly and we got the VIP treatment once again by eating breakfast in the Tara building.
From the moment we arrived, to the moment we departed, we received nothing but the best from Bucuti and its staff. When we were checking out, the owner stopped by the desk to ask us how our stay was and I burst into tears because I was so sad to be leaving Bucuti. Before we checked out, we made sure to visit the reservations office and we are thrilled to already be planning our next trip to Bucuti for our one-year anniversary in 2014. See you soon, Bucuti!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort, located on Aruba's spacious and beautiful Eagle Beach, is award-winning and owner-operated. The 4-star and 4-diamond resort receives high satisfaction ratings and recognition that includes #1 Hotel for Romance in the Caribbean 2017, Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, and Green Globe High Achievement Award. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. The intimate atmosphere is exclusive and relaxing to couples seeking tranquility and romantic experiences. No groups and no all-inclusive packages available. Two top restaurants available on property and romantic beach dining. Breakfast is free daily.Resort's website offers you the Best Available Rate including all taxes and fees, free breakfast and free WiFi. (Not all-inclusive) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach