My wife and I travelled to Aruba in August to celebrate our birthdays. We are frequent travellers to the Caribbean but this was our first trip to Aruba. When it comes to service, I've never seen anything like Bucuti. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were immediately greeted and sat down and offered champagne. It made for one of the most relaxing check-ins I've had. We were taken to our room by the same person who checked us in (Jason). Initially, we were less than happy that we were on the ground floor as we prefer to be on higher levels to maintain a certain amount of privacy. Jason said he'd look in to getting us moved. By the next morning at breakfast, we were told that they were able to accommodate our request and we moved to a suite on the 2nd (really 3rd) floor. The view was exactly like what you see in the photos. Also, despite the fact that the hotel is booked to 100% capacity year round, it's so well designed that it feels less full. We never heard a peep through the walls or from the hallway (try that in a US or Canadian hotel), nor did we ever hear our neighbours in the adjoining suites when we were on the balcony. The beach is one of the best I've seen with unbelievably white sand and turquoise waters - the kind you see in those brochures.
Throughout the stay, the staff were always very quick to respond to inquiries and requests (even getting me a doctor within an hour when my ear got plugged up). They also always followed up to make sure everything got done right.
What is also different about this resort compared to any other resort I've stayed in is the overall happiness of the staff. The staff at Bucuti from the cleaning staff to the management actually seemed to truly enjoy working there (or maybe I caught them on a good week).
The only negative thing is that they are pretty strict about the check-out time. This is a problem for Canadians because Air Canada picks you up at 2:30 (the plane doesn't leave until 5:45) leaving you without a room for 2 1/2 hours. Normally that in itself is not a problem, but between 12 and 2 is the most punishing sun of the day and I was already badly sun-burned by this point. On the plus side, you are offered a hospitality suite for 1/2 an hour at any point after check out so you can shower up before going to the airport, but I'd say that the ability to do a later check-out would be the only thing that was wanting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort, located on Aruba's spacious and beautiful Eagle Beach, is award-winning and owner-operated. The 4-star and 4-diamond resort receives high satisfaction ratings and recognition that includes #1 Hotel for Romance in the Caribbean 2017, Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, and Green Globe High Achievement Award. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. The intimate atmosphere is exclusive and relaxing to couples seeking tranquility and romantic experiences. No groups and no all-inclusive packages available. Two top restaurants available on property and romantic beach dining. Breakfast is free daily.Resort's website offers you the Best Available Rate including all taxes and fees, free breakfast and free WiFi. (Not all-inclusive) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotwire so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach