“Wonderful Hotel”

Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The experience at Bucuti was wonderful. We have just returned from a very relaxing 7 day trip and could not have picked a better hotel to chill out and do nothing. The staff are friendly and helpful, the location is amazing and we would recommend the overall experience. Thank you to all who made our stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: Th rooms in Bucuti with a sea view woudl be recommended
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bevster277

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,268)
  • Hungarian first
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What PASSIONS RESTAURANT does for dining in ARUBA, BUCUTI AND TARA BEACH RESORT does for accommodations - both are as close to Perfect as can be found. Both are also experience unto themselves and are highly recommended to all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ALL-KNOWING-CRITIC
new jersey
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a Tara Suite in November, 2012. We were on the ground floor, (just as we requested). We loved being able to access the beach from our room. The room was great. It was spacious and clean. We loved having the free wi-fi and the netbook to use while we were there. The bathroom, while not large was clean and modern. We never had a problem with water temperature of water pressure.
We had breakfast in the Tara Lounge each morning. It's air conditioned and comfortable. The food was what I've come to expect at beach resorts. It was nothing memorable, but good. We had lunch at the Sand Bar a few days and really enjoyed it. A couple of times we got lunch from Pizza Bob's across the street. Great pizza! I also had a chicken caesar salad from Pizza Bob's which was very good. We went out every night for dinner, so I can't comment on the food served at night.
The beach was amazing. There is no comparison between Eagle Beach and Palm Beach. While we were there, the water was mostly calm and super clear with a couple days of small waves. Never rough enough to knock you over. Maybe it was the time of year, because I have read that the water can be pretty rough at times. There wasn't much wind either, perhaps again the time of year? We always got an umbrella no matter what time we ventured out to the beach. They are nicely spaced apart, so you never feel closed in, like you do at the resorts on Palm Beach and even next door at the Costa Linda. I appreciated the little things such as the attached tables on the umbrellas and the little wastebasket at each umbrella. The red flag beach service was nice too. The servers were very nice. The bartenders were all pleasant and made good cocktails. They were not stingy with the alcohol at all. We loved the Sand Bar for happy hour. More great cocktails and the sunsets each and every night were spectacular.
The staff was very accommodating, but we never experienced the over the top service that some reviewers reported.
This is the place to go in Aruba for couples who want to unwind, reconnect and relax. Night life is a short taxi ride away. We will stay at the Bucuti next time we visit Aruba. We wouldn't consider another resort.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms in the Tara offer direct beach access.The view may be better on the higher fl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jlcNewJersey
Durha
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just returned from our 10 year anniversary vacation at the Bucuti & Tara Resort, from 4/1/13 to 4/6/13. It was an incredible week. We decided to splurge a little and stay in the Tara suites. The staff was extremely friendly and always willing to help. Check in was a breeze. We were greeted with champagne and a welcome platter when we got to our room. The room was very posh. The view was gorgeous, overlooking the white sand and turquoise waters.

During the week, we were able to completely relax. The beach had an abundance of available chairs and umbrellas. It is true that some guests come out early and claim the front seats, but despite that we were still able to find open chairs in the front from time to time. Whenever we weren't on the front row, we still were able to find relaxing views in a quiet atmosphere.

The resort had wi-fi, complimentary to the guests and we were given a netbook to use the entire week.

We both had great experiences in the spa. My wife had a facial/massage while I just had the massage. It was very professional and was just what we needed mid-week to loosen our tired muscles.

Happy "hour" was from 4-6pm and again at 9-10. The 1/2 priced drinks were inexpensive and tasty. There was a great atmosphere among guests. Everyone just seemed happy to be there.

The breakfast buffet was comprehensive and seemed to cater to both their international and American guests. The food was good, nothing extravagant, but covered all the bases.

We found the pool area to be much bigger than expected. It seemed fairly deep for a pool of that size. It wasn't used often by guests so the pool offered some private relaxation.

I found the fitness center to be in amazing condition. This was a recent renovation and there was everything from rowing, treadmills, bicycles, weight machines and free weights. More that you would normally see and in an enclosed a/c environment. Very nice.

Honestly, the worst part of the trip was having to leave. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway with your significant other, sans the kids, this is a perfect option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JoshuaS980
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed her for a few days after staying at a different resort (Divi Golf) for the first part of the week. When walking by on the beach we realized we had made a mistake and were lucky to find a room for the remainder of our stay in Aruba. We looked at other hotels (including terrible high rise) but this resorts stands out in everything.

Resort is a relaxation oasis, mainly because of the incredible beach and comfy beach chears with soft pillows. Even in high season (easter) no problem to find chairs. Service on beach chairs makes experience complete. Although we did not go to aruba to lay at a pool, the pool area is exceptionally nice and perfect for few hours of the day.

Service wise the hotel is top notch from the moment of check-in. The hotel tries really hard to provide guests with a special and personal experience and generally succeeds. Although not all employees might be able to deliver this level of service or be 100% genuine ( I read some comments here) one needs to realize service here stands miles apart from other resorts on the island.

Room: personally least important for us on this resort, we stayed in basic Bucuti room and we were quite happy, with a minor comment about the loud humidifier that had to be turned off at night in order to sleep. Whether it's worth it to pay more for a different room is really up to everyone's preferences, but I doubt whether a different room would have made our experience even better.

Breakfast is very good with same level of excellent service. Sand bar and restaurant are good but defenitely recommend to try out other restaurants on the Island..

We will definitely come back

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Rogier S
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My fiance and I went there on a whim to celebrate our engagement. We are experienced (and snobby) travelers, and they exceeded our expectations. The hotel is beautiful and well kept. The staff is extremely friendly and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet, romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view if you can, its worth the extra $$
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank 953edn
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Bucuti the last week in March for our honeymoon. Friends of friends told us it was the best place to stay on the island, and we had heard such great things about the island from people who return to Aruba year after year so we went for it.

As most reviews noted, the beach is the best because it is not crowded. All the other hotels, both on Eagle Beach and the high-rise section (Palm Beach) had these blue plastic lounge chairs lined up inches apart. At Bucuti, every couple had their own little spot (umbrella, two chairs, table) and were at least 10 feet from the next loungers. To me, that is a big deal and worth a lot. The beach is beautiful, the water is gorgeous - I've read reviews where people said it was a little rough, but I know what rough ocean is and the waves were a piece of cake. The pool was small, but I thought it was super tranquil. I do think it would be nice if the hot tub was actually hot!

I read many complaints about people reserving oceanfront loungers. I noticed this as well and it pissed me off. I had my husband get up at 7 am to reserve the oceanfront loungers one morning and they were already ALL taken. The next morning I got up at 5 am and periodically checked to see when people were reserving chairs. At around 6:30 am, you see GROWN MEN scurrying onto the beach with towels and tying them around the loungers closest to the ocean. It was kind of ridiculous. Regardless, I decided to reserve a spot because I felt like I was being taken advantage of for only wanting to get out of bed at 9 am. So I got a spot on the ocean, went back to bed, and, when I finally went out to claim my spot later in the day, I felt horrible about it. After a few hours on the ocean I realized that I actually liked it better farther back on the beach - the lounge chairs are farther apart and there are more palm trees. Anyway, it's like some big weird game that goes on, meanwhile there are plenty of lovely spots elsewhere.

There have been a lot of complaints about the restaurant. Sure, the breakfast buffet is a little sickly (they need to get rid of those greasy plastic containers covering the fruits, meats, and cheeses), but if you get a fresh omelette or eat the french toast, you're fine. My husband and I skipped breakfast most days. As for lunch, I do think the food could be better. The Ranchero wrap was very bland and the Cuban sandwich was more like a bacon sandwich. My husband did not love the burger. Onion rings, fries, and quesadillas were all good. Hopefully when they redo the restaurant they also give the lunch menu a refresh. Frozen drinks were super yummy but no alcohol. My husband and I ended up buying wine and beer from the gift shop or the convenience store by the Alhambra casino. We would drink at our beach loungers and then "pre-game" on our balcony before dinner.

I thought the room was really nice! I was a little annoyed that we were given probably the crappiest room in the whole place (it was closest to the front of the hotel and faced other hotels, not really a "garden" view) - I mean, we were on our honeymoon! Also, at the same time we checked in, another couple with their (grown) daughter were checking in and I overheard the concierge upgrade them to a higher room category. At first I thought that they were returning guests, but then I heard them say something like "on our first stay here!". It's just kind of stinks to be on your honeymoon and paying a lot of $$ and hear other people getting upgraded for no reason. Probably makes me a little bit of a brat, but whatever! Getting back to the interior of our Superior room, I thought it was spacious, towels were nice, bed was okay. The TVs could use an upgrade - no HD for over $400/night?

As for the staff, the concierges were all great. Super helpful. There was one sever on the beach who was AWESOME - he came running every time you stuck that red flag in the sand! The other restaurant and bar staff were fine. I like that they had a little snack during "happy hour," but I didn't really notice any drink specials - that might be my fault though, my husband and I had our own drink system going on! We ate dinner at the restaurant one night - we did one of the "romantic dinners" in the little pavilions and I thought it was yummy.

A few other comments: my husband used the gym and loved it. I liked the free wifi everywhere, although it kicks you off fairly frequently. Easy to get a cab to go anywhere; we went to Palm Beach a couple times. We ate at Pizza Bobs like five times - I thought it was super delicious and just too easy to pass up.

Overall, I had a great time. The reason you stay at Bucuti is for the uncrowded beach and the no-kids policy - while wading in the water outside a different hotel during a walk, a kid threw a shovel at my foot and I remembered why I chose Bucuti. Would I return? I want to explore other Caribbean islands before I return to Aruba, but I can't imagine dealing with the crowds at the high rises unless I had kids...we'll see!

Room Tip: I requested a ground floor room and got a second floor room...so not sure how seriously they take re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank UpperEastBeast
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,808 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,650 reviews
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,358 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,948 reviews
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,168 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba? Share your experiences!