“Three times and likely to be more.”

Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Palmyra, New Jersey
“Three times and likely to be more.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Bucuti three times and we are certain to come back. Every stay that we have had has been a terrific experience.
The staff has always greeted us warmly from the minute we arrived to every day we see them. The first time we stayed there we were treated like old friends who had come back again. They made it very comfortable for us. On our last visit, the young man who greeted us when we first pulled up was a "security guard" but he was so friendly and chatty that you forget that he is there for security (it is a shame that security is needed but that is not a fault of the Bucuti or Aruba, that is just the world we live in now.)
The beach is just lovely. You cannot say enough about it. We always managed to find a spot not matter what time of the day we show up. The water is warm and amazing to swim in even for my wife who is not a big swimmer.
The food in the restaurant is great. The only "disappointment" was the first time we stayed I had the chicken alfredo every night we had dinner there and it was off the menu on our last visit. That's okay though. I need to eat something different for once.
The rooms are comfortable and clean and well cared for by the housekeeping staff when you are away. We have not stay in the Tara section because our philosophy for traveling is that you should not spend much time in your hotel room so there is no need to over do it.
As for Paco, well sometimes I think that is why my wife keeps us coming back. He is a real joy.
The resort overall is terrific and that is why we keep coming back. They keep the entire property spot less. The eco-friendly theme is so refreshing (we still have our complimentary water bottles from our last visit.)
We always come down for our anniversary in August and we will definitely be there again. I have recommended the Bucuti to all of my friends and co-workers and I recommend it highly to all of you. I cannot say enough good things about this place. It is very special to us.
August 2011 was our last visit. We are due to return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joseph C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,259)
  • Hungarian first
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is our first time in Aruba and our first stay at the Bucuti. And we are sure happy to have booked the Bucuti in the low rise area. There are many things we love about this resort. First, it is an adults only resort. No screaming kids at the pool or in the restaurants. We love the fact that beach chairs are fairly wide apart. Resorts in the high rise area have people packed in like sardines. And because it has only 104 rooms, there is enough lounge chairs for everyone. Thursday and Sundays they have movies on the beach, which we loved. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is a place to come to relax and de-stress. If you want crowds, nightly entertainment and big resorts, definitely book in the high rise area. This resort has a relaxed flow to it...service is good, but clearly they operate on island time. The younger staff could use a little more customer service training. They have two restaurants, Carte Blanche is very upscale and requires reservations well in advance. Their beach side restaurant is lovely and right on the beach. Their daily breakfast is quite good. I especially liked the latte machine and the Dunkin donuts they had out each morning. I do think that Eagle Beach is better than Palm Beach and again, not nearly as crowded. There are many fabulous restaurants within walking distance and also by a 10 minute cab ride or bus. If you are looking for a relaxing place to spend a week, this is the resort for you.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle of property facing the beach are the best.
4 Thank AASeattleFlyer
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I’ll start this review with our departure from the hotel:
We are waiting for our taxi to take us to the airport when the hotel manager, Deborah, approaches me and says “you’re leaving without even saying goodbye to me?”
I respond that “we’ve been here five days and you never said hello.”
Deborah says “I’d been told to keep away from you because you are trouble and it seems that you are”.

Quite a way to interact with a guest who has been quiet and respectful of everyone.

I am not surprised by her defensive and unapologetic attitude. All you have to do is read some of the negative reviews of the Bucuti and her responses to understand the ambience of this hotel.

I am truly astonished at all the glowing reviews. Yes, this is not a 4 star hotel, it is barely a 3 star hotel. The rooms (Tara Suites) are fine, but pedestrian. The food is not very good and the service is extremely slow. Some of the employees are really excellent and friendly while others follow the example of Deborah. We waited 30 minutes after ordering a hamburger and chicken sandwich and had to leave for the airport. When we explained our situation to the server the response was that hamburgers take a long time to cook. No apology.

All this could be somewhat forgiven if the beach and other facilities were topnotch. But, the chaise loungers on the beach are truly uncomfortable and people are allowed to get towels at 7am, claim the best spots, and not show up until 11am. The pool is tiny, there are no hot tubs, the restaurant chairs are uncomfortable, and the bar is rather boring. (Breakfast was adequate.)

Maybe it was the timing, but there were red flags at the beach the entire time we were there and people were warned not to enter the water. The water at the High Rise section of Aruba was incredibly calm and beautiful. Further, there are some really fine independent restaurants in the High Rise area while the restaurants near the Bucuti are all part of other hotels and are generally pretty bad.

Again, I am at a total loss as to why people rate this hotel so highly.

38 Thank Allen B
ewaldbiemans, Manager at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Manager Deborah Dintelman, In reply to “ why do people like this resort...?”

I am despondent and distressed from reading your posting on the Trip Advisor.    Please accept my sincere apology if my conduct at your departure was inappropriate and offended you.   It was my intention to thank you for staying with us and to find out why you looked unhappy, but never to offend you. I customarily welcome all arriving guests and try to say goodbye to all departing guests as well.

I understand that just prior to our conversation you left the restaurant without eating because of a 30 minute wait for your lunch and the need to get to the airport.   Our 8 oz hamburgers are made to order and in order for us to be sure that you have a well cooked burger it take 20 minutes to grill.   I apologize for the fact that our server did not inform you of this when you ordered the hamburger.
This will be addressed with our team so that we can better inform our guest. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

I need to also apologize for the uncomfortable beach loungers that you mentioned.  We recently received all new beach loungers and ordered cushions from a different supplier as the vendor for the loungers does not provide cushions.  The cushion arrived separately and are currently at customs waiting to be released later this week.

The restaurant on our beach along with the Sandbar is scheduled
for a complete renovation this summer and will be replaced with a
contemporary facility for our future guests to enjoy.    I hope that you will return and allow me to show you our new facility and to allow me to apologize in person.

Deborah Dintelman

Resort Manager
Manager@Bucuti.com
Here
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I spent six wonderful nights in a Tara Suite at Bucuti at the end of April 2012. We had never been to Aruba and were looking for a quiet, adult only resort with a beautiful beach and safe environment. Our travel agent, Jennifer Doncsecz of VIP Vacations, has never failed to find us the perfect place to meet our needs, and she hit the mark again with Bucuti!

From the moment we arrived at Bucuti, we were warmly welcomed by Peter who took our luggage and showed us to our room. He made us feel as if we were special guests and not just nameless faces he needed to schlep to their room and repeat the usual routine. In fact, all the staff members we encountered during our stay seemed genuinely happy to be a part of such an amazing resort. While I don’t recall his name, there was one gentleman that set up the red flags on the beach in the morning that had a perpetual smile that could brighten anyone’s day. He could very easily be the happiest person we encountered on the already happy island!

The Tara suite was beautiful, well maintained, and exceeded our expectations. While we could have just as easily been happy with a garden view room since the beach is only steps away, the oceanfront view from the suite was worth the extra expense.

We appreciated the complimentary breakfast and the option to dine either oceanfront or in the comfort of the Tara Lounge. We ate most of our breakfasts in the lounge however just to avoid the hungry birds waiting to swoop down and grab any unattended food outside at the Pirates Nest. It was entertaining but not all that sanitary (no fault to the resort, but a bit disappointing that eating outside was not the best option).

Bucuti is not for someone that wants to experience an upbeat party atmosphere, or someone that expects nightly entertainment or constant scheduled activities. The high rise area is clearly the better option for that kind of vacation. Bucuti is for people that want to experience the serenity of a Caribbean paradise as it should be experienced - lounging on the soft white sands of Eagle Beach, warm trade winds caressing your face, and the soft sound of lapping waves from the azure ocean in the distance. If I close my eyes and concentrate hard enough, I can almost transport myself there now. Oh wait…I’m still in snowy Pennsylvania. But based on our perfect experience in Aruban paradise, we will be back at Bucuti soon enough!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank chrilyn
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

we spent 7days in the Tara suites in February. The staff were very friendly and always had a smile. It was good to have the actual owners on the property every day and they genuinly wanted feedback from every guest. First class!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank karida
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well, I'll try this again. I tried to write this yesterday - or the day before - you lose track of time here. I am not sure the first one got through, but Bucuti & Tara is worth the effort the 2nd time just in case my first writting did not go through.

My wife and I have had the privalege to visit several of the Caribbean Islands and we have enjoyed each of them. Although Aruba is not quite as senic as some of the other islands it is a beautiful place and the beaches and water are unsurpassed. The people of Aruba are the friendlist that we have met in any of our travels, and they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. If you are from America you will find that Aruba is European enough to make you feel like you are in another country, but American enough that you are in no way uncomfortable.

We selected Bucuti and Tara because of trip advisor and they have hit a home run on this one. I cannot imagine a better place to stay on this Island. Bucuti Tara is absolutely beautiful, absolutely well ran, absolutely clean. The beach is wonderful and not crowded and unlike the high rise area you do not have to get up at the break of dawn to get a beach chair - there is ample for all, and what else is nice they are spaced so that you are not two feet from your neighbor. The pool is not huge, but this is an adult only resort and it is never too crowded.

The entire staff never misses an opportunity to smile and say hello in any of the 4 languages that are common on Aruba. We have already made our reservation for next year which is something that we have never done before - we were very impressed with this beautiful, friendly, peaceful resort. Unless you are a fan of big hotels and big crowds Bucuti & Tara is the place on Aruba that you should definately consider.

ARUBA - ONE HAPPY ISLAND
BUCUTI & TARA - ONE FANTASTIC RESORT

Room Tip: If you book far enough in advance and care to spend a little extra they have 4 penthouse suites whic...
7 Thank Gene A
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

it is our first time to Aruba and love the climate, We stayed in the Bucuti, and the hotel is clean comfortable, staff very friendly and helpful. Beach is second to none, free sunbeds for guests, although there is the usual towel saving beach lounges, (supposingly adults) who must save towels from night before to get up at the dead of night to claim their real estate for the day, half the time the seats are sat empty.Food in hotel and surrounding area is excellent, with plenty of choice. A little gem of a 9 hole golf course at Divi resort with good equipment to hire, also excellent restaurant called Windows at Aruba, at the golf course.Bucuti is in the low rise district, its so much more relaxed, than the high rise district, this area is wall to wall sunbeds on the beach, whereas low rise there is loads of space on the beach, its lovely.

2 Thank CaroleAnnek57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,752 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,600 reviews
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,335 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,864 reviews
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,148 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba? Share your experiences!