My boyfriend and I just returned from a five night stay at the Bucuti and we are already certain that we will be returning. I had read a few of the negative reviews before arriving and didn't agree with any of them once I experienced Bucuti for myself. The entire resort has a spa-like feel. Beautiful, clean, quiet and relaxing. The staff is incredibly welcoming and we felt like we were receiving a very high level of hospitality from beginning to end. The location is perfect, right on a beautiful stretch of Eagle Beach and within walking distance to other hotels, restaurants and a casino. The resort never felt crowded and there were always plenty of chairs and umbrellas for the guests on the beach (even one day when a portion of the beach was partially flooded because of an unusual storm surge that brought the tide up onto the beach).
Regarding the negative reviews previously posted: I did not find the beds too hard, breakfast was perfect in my opinion with plenty of variety, I did not smell mildew ever, etc.
A few other tips:
1. We rented a car which was worth it for us. Allowed us to explore the island on our own a bit plus parking at the hotel was free. It's a very easy island to navigate.
2. We took an afternoon snorkel cruise on the MiDushi. It was one of the highlights of our trip and would highly recommend. You can book online and the pier is only a 10 minute drive from the hotel.
3. We got to the airport only 2 hours before the flight (I had read you were supposed to be there 3 hours in advance to go through customs on the Arubian side but didn't believe it). We were there with so much time to spare that we were actually able to hop on an earlier flight. Also, going through customs in Aruba saved a ton of time once we landed in the States.
4. There is a small outdoor mall a 3 minute walk away from the hotel next to the Alhambra Casino that has a food and grocery shop. This was a great find since we were able to buy a few items at a much lower cost to keep in our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort, located on Aruba's spacious and beautiful Eagle Beach, is award-winning and owner-operated. The 4-star and 4-diamond resort receives high satisfaction ratings and recognition that includes #1 Hotel for Romance in the World, #1 Hotel in Caribbean 2016, Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, and Green Globe High Achievement Award. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. The intimate atmosphere is exclusive and relaxing to couples seeking tranquility and romantic experiences. No groups. Two top restaurants available on property and romantic beach dining. Breakfast is free daily. No all-inclusive packages available, because the resort encourages guests to explore the island and its many great restaurants. Resort's website offers you the Best Available Rate including all taxes and fees, breakfast and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach