Better late than never!! My husband & I got married in May, but here it goes. He hasn't traveled as much as I have, but needless to say that this is the best vacation I have ever been on. The only competition it really has is Mexico, but if I step back & take a hard a look @ ALL the factors, this IS the most amazing trip we have ever been on. The Bucuti is a small, beautiful hotel which really does cater to couples & honeymooners. The level of romance that you FEEL when you are here is unlike anything I have ever experienced. When I went to my travel agent & asked "what do you think about Aruba?" He said to me "You are going on your honeymoon. If you are going to Aruba, stay @ The Bucuti.... " People always say how expensive Aruba is, so on & so forth. Yes, it is, lol. However, we are New Yorkers & we paid NY prices, not Vegas prices. The happy hour @ the bar does help & there is a mini mall around the corner from the resort, so you can stock up on liquor, munchies, etc (there is no room service, so in case you get a little hungry @ odd hours)... I can honestly tell you that we could not find one thing to complain about. Here is my break down:
Beach & pool:
AMAZING!!!!! It is the most beautiful beach we have ever visited. You feel like you are alone. The palapas are situated far from eachother, so you do have some privacy. The red flag service is great, so they dont bother you unless its up. They will bring your drinks & food out to you. Stunning, its the only word I can honestly use. The pool is rather small, but we spent most of our days on the beach :)
We stayed in the regular Bucuti tower. We didnt feel the need to upgrade & were just fine. It was spacious, clean, had tons of natural light & cool (it was soooo hot outside, lol). They had a gift bag w/ champagne & glasses as well as a little "honeymoon" message on our door, which was a really sweet touch.
Food & Drinks:
The drink are roughly $10 each, and half price during happy hour. They pack a punch (def not watered down) & the bar tenders are always willing to make a reccomendation. I stick to what I like, Vodka w/ a SPLASH of pineapple juice. @ night, they place some music, not toooo loud & it makes for a very nice setting. Music, drinks, beach, stars, your partner = doesnt get much better than that!! Breakfast @ the Pirates Nest was good, nothing out of the ordinary (if the birds annoy you, go inside!!) Lunch was yummy & reasonable. We would often get the nacho fries w/ the chicken quesadilla, which we would split because it was a large portion (i would say $20-$25 all together). We would add a few drinks to that, and just eat it on the beach. So nice & relaxing. Dinner was good as well ($100-120). We only ate there 2 nights. Our first night there & our last night there (we did the romantic dinner). I would recommend the romantic dinner, because the sunset in Aruba is absolutely jaw dropping. And to be able to have dinner w/ my husband & share that was truly wonderful. We have the most amazing pictures!!!
The hotel itself is very pretty. They pay a great deal of attention to being "green" & caring for the environment. The staff was wonderful. I will say this. It is not in the center of it all like the Riu, Westin, Occidental, etc... You have to take a $9 cab ride (each way) to get to the center of it all. We chose the Bucuti because it WAS so far from it all. No one bothers you there. We weren't going to be in the hustle & bustle of it all. Again, we are New Yorkers, we get enough of that here. We did opt to go into town a few nights & had dinner there. I would recommend Tango. OMG, food was great!! Steak & sangria, right up our alley!! Actually, it was so good we ate there 3 times. Again, I don't see how you can go wrong here if you are with you significant other.
We added on the romance package which came with a sunset cruise. It was beautiful. Drinks flowing, music was good, sunset again, BEAUTIFUL. We also did a snorkeling tour on the "Mi Dushi" which is on an actual sailing ship (vs. Catamaran). That again was a lot of fun. We decided to go on a jungle tour, which I was hesitant about, but my husband is into that stuff. All I can say is that when we return, we WILL do it again. It was so much fun & I met some really nice people along the way. You get to see the isand, go for a good ride & do some snorkeling.
Over all, was Aruba worth every penny & then some? ABSOLUTELY!!!! We do understand that it is a little steep, given you can go to Mexico & the Dominican Republic (All inclusives) for 1/2 the price. But I have been there, done that & they don't compare to Aruba & especially the Bucuti. We have never visited any vacation site more than once, we figure there is to much to see in the world. However, we are planning our visit to the Bucuti in August. IT WAS JUST THAT GOOD!!
Sorry for the long review, its just that I can't say it enough.... we fell in love w/ Aruba, we fell in love w/ The Bucuti!!!
ps.... you'll meet really great people & couples along the way :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort, located on Aruba's spacious and beautiful Eagle Beach, is award-winning and owner-operated. The 4-star and 4-diamond resort receives high satisfaction ratings and recognition that includes #1 Hotel for Romance in the World, #1 Hotel in Caribbean 2016, Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, and Green Globe High Achievement Award. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. The intimate atmosphere is exclusive and relaxing to couples seeking tranquility and romantic experiences. No groups. Two top restaurants available on property and romantic beach dining. Breakfast is free daily. No all-inclusive packages available, because the resort encourages guests to explore the island and its many great restaurants. Resort's website offers you the Best Available Rate including all taxes and fees, breakfast and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach