Just got back from a great vacation at the Surf Club. Like previous reviews yes it is crowded at the pool and beach but you can get a spot after 9-10am. Some folks waited on line from the day before to reserve palapas I don't see the point. They are not
all water front and since its a public beach anyone can park themselves in front of you with or without a chair. Stayed in the Spyglass tower, that was nice. Request a high floor it can get noisy from the kids outside. Yes there are lizards and birds everywhere. There is no smell except where you walk in to the beach and thats from the restaurant and their tanks outside. The sand is not slimy, it is just that soft. It felt the same at another beach on the other side of the island. The food is expensive everywhere skip the hotel not as tasty as on the strip. Take the bus for 1.30pp, we saw couples taking cabs from the marriot to the strip and its a 3minute ride around the corner! Crazy! The hotel will not move you around after you get a room so ask for what you want at check in and HOPE for the best. We heard alot of complaints but in the end you had to stay where you were put initially. There are 2 supermarkets, great for snacks fruits and water, Kong Hing was the more local one and cheaper. Cab ride to that area is now $28 from airport, I didn't find any postings w/a lower rate.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Surf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Surf Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Surf Hotel
- Marriott Aruba Surf Club
- Marriotts Aruba Surf Club
- Aruba Surf Club
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Surf Club Aruba
- Marriott's Aruba Surf Club Palm - Eagle Beach