Marriott's Aruba Surf Club
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$369
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$295
$200
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$261
$209
HolidayInn.com
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$909
$559
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$536
$423
Bookit.com
$359
  • Pool
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$136
$289
$364
$350
2,961 results
All reviewslazy riverchair tagsspyglass towerserenity poolcaptain's galleychair taggingbedroom villaocean club next doorpool chairstime sharefull kitchenmarriott hotelwasher and dryergrocery storeocean viewbaby beachqueen bed
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We just returned from a week at the Surf Club having had a 2 bd 2 bath on a trade thru Interval. We arrived and checking in was quick and easy. We rented a car and were glad we did. Airport transfer are $30 each way so for $210 we had our own transportation for the week. We went to the Super foods and stocked up on supplies. Adult beverages can add up at the resort so making our own saved us lots of money. A case of Bud beer was $48 at the grocery which is only $2 a beer verses $4-$6 a piece everywhere else. As far as eating out .. There are numerous choices from $10 sandwich to what ever you want to spend ... The weather was very hot and mostly sunny .. We never had the first rain drop all week. The resort is beautiful...pools lovely ... Staff fabulous and friendly ... Rooms are spacious and equipped with all the essentials you need. We have absolutely NO complaints and the Surf Club owns up to the Marriott standards. With having a car we were able to drive the whole island and snorkel several beaches. We visited the National Park and toured the caves, we had no trouble getting around the terrain but at times you need to drive really slow and work your way thru. Just use common sense and you should be fine. The pool with the swim up bar is back up and running and is just beautiful at night with the blue lights they have the water lit up with. We are not sit by the pool kind of people, we prefer the beach and the sand, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves .. The lazy river was fun for a cool down then back to the palapa and sand. The reserving of chairs was not that bad. At 4:00 PM you can reserve for the next morning but the options are limited. Then at 7:00 AM the reservations begin and the choices open up to several more options. The line begins quite early I am told but I was never down there until after 7 and usually got a palapa in the 3 rd row, we were more than content with that. Met several very nice people and enjoyed the conversation . If you are interested in having fresh fish.. You can go out on the pier when the fishing boats come in and they will sell you the catch of the day and even clean it and cut it into fillets. The resort has a nice grill area to prepare it but I suggest you bring a bottle of spices If you feel this may be an option you want to try.
Two doors down from the Marriott is a nice little bar on the beach and the food was really good and cheap. Over all our experience was very good...we had a fantastic time :) I would recommend the Marriott Surf Club to everyone ... The people were genuine and very friendly and helpful from staff to guests ... Don't hesitate to book at this resort...it was fabulous. We have traveled to many islands and resorts and this rates right up there...enjoy your stay and if I can be of any further help , don't hesitate to send me your questions :) I will answer what I can ... Cheers !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Runningbuddies
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The staff was great,service beyond compare. Breakfast Buffett at la Vista was the best ever.
You name it fruit, smoothies, omelettes, pastries fresh baked each day.
The Lazy River a great way to relax and float to nowhere.
Shared a suite and guest room with friends. The common space was was great. Kitchen well equipped, living room was a great place to relax.
Will go back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Fourth floor in the Spy Glass Tower. Over looking lazy river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our second trip to Aruba. Last time we stayed at the Marriott Ocean Club and chose the Surf Club this time for the lazy river. The weather was warm but there was a good breeze. The beach is beautiful and you can float for hours in the clear blue water. Our room was clean and comfortable. Every staff member we encountered was cheerful and very helpful. We are Marriott owners and this resort is what we have come to expect from Marriott.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view and are quieter.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Here right now, second day...left the sun to find another room, might be leaving this room and the 2k paid to find another hotel
Love the island, been here before, had a Master 1 bedroom suite for the first night then moved to Queen studio

Sure I will be at the Marriott Vaction Presentation in the morning, cause I have been asked 12 times in 2 days, just give me a decent room with a decent bed

4  Thank BusterGolfer
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week in sunny Aruba. Reading other reviews prior to arriving I was worried about checking in and getting a seat at the pool. Well check in was no problem and we didn't have to wait for our room. However, other guests were waiting for hours in the lobby. Check in is 4pm and its a huge place so I wouldn't recommend getting to the hotel much before that. As far as the chair situation around the pool, it was crowded but we didn't have to get there at the crack of dawn to get a seat. But I have heard during the peak times, this area is impossible to get a chair. We did not have any problems. September is quite and not a lot of children too. If you are traveling without kids, like we did, I highly recommend September to travel to Aruba. The weather was very hot and very humid. I took way to many clothes - so I would suggest shorts and a couple of bathing suits - very laid back place and you can go to any restaurant in shorts.
Our accommodations in the hotel was a two bedroom suite and the pictures that you see on the web site is exactly what you get. They provide plenty of towels and a washer and dryer in the suite makes it very convenient to have clean towels everyday. We opted out of the maid service but it comes with a complementary cleaning which was satisfactory - they cleaned the floors and changed the sheets and vacuumed the condo. As far as taking a tube for the lazy river - we complied with the regulations and only had a tube opening 36" - but many, many other guests didn't pay attention to those requirements and had all sorts of different floats - so get something that is comfortable for you - because no one cares what type of float you get. I would recommend you bring a float with you from home because they are difficult to find. The casino on the property was fun and people all around were winning - we never win when we go to casinos but this particular casino we really didn't lose - kind of broke even - which is a win in my book. There are all sorts of stores and restaurants in walking distance so you really don't need to rent a car.
My advise - take everything you read with a grain of salt. Enjoy and relax on your vacation and don't sweat the little things - if something doesn't go just right - don't let it be the focus point of your vacation. I read how expensive things were - and they are a bit higher but not anymore than other resorts. In fact the drinks around the poor are very reasonable. They have specials everyday for $7.00 - Ruth Chris steakhouse is not anymore expensive than other Ruth Chirs's in the States. We went to the new super market near the hotel and things are listed in Florines and not US dollars - but really not to badly priced considering everything has to be shipped in. Not anymore expensive than Hawaii.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Spyglass tower - if you can get a room higher than floor 4 you will have a nice view. The higher the better