“honeymooners”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Springfield, Massachusetts
“honeymooners”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just got back from our honeymoon and we stayed at the surf club. I was a little wary at first thinking that it was going to be loaded with screaming kids and families, but the resort is so large, and there are so many pools that we were able to enjoy some alone time. The room was small, but very clean. The staff were very friendly and the concierge was able to make a lot of our reservations for us. we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: corner rooms are quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Korean first
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed July 22, 2013

overall great stay , hotel was kept very clean . I never had a problem getting seats by the pool, but I did get up no later than 8 am to at least tag them, but if you don't want seats close to the pool you shouldn't have a problem any time of day. Only complaint was the disorganized front staff, they don't tell you much upon arrival for instance ... you are charged for a local call which if I had know I would have used the prepaid cell phone instead .... keys were deactived after 7 days (I stayed 9 days) so you are inconvenienced when you get to your room and than have to go to the front desk... they don't tell you that the wristbands are renewed every Thursday , you only find out when you a guard approaches you on the grounds.... oh and they lost my cell phone that I rented that had to be returned to the rental agent , which was eventually found. My suggestion would be if anything is changed ... it would be to train and better educate the front desk .

1 Thank Genette B
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed from July 11, 2013 to July 18, 2013 in a two bedroom villa. We walked around and looked at other hotels nearby and in our opinion, this hotel was the best choice for us. We have never stayed at a hotel with a Lazy River before and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not a huge pool person but floating down the river on a float, better yet, with a pina colada, was the high point of each day. The hotel's pool is one of the prettiest but you can also walk out to the beach if that is more your taste. There is a small gift store/market which was very convenient for picking up bagels, coffee and milk.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed there with family for our wedding on the beach. The room was spacious and customer service top notch. The pool area was great and liked the lazy river a lot. The service by the bar was a little sparce but it a big area and I could see how based on the shape of the pool area we were missed. Also could have done without the smoking area...I know smokers should have a place to sunbathe but its gross to smell smoke wafting over as your playing with your kids or eating lunch in the non- smoking area.

FYI: Everything is expensive. This was our second trip to Aruba (we stayed at the Marriott Ocean Club first time) so we were more prepared and shopped at the grocery on our first day in. Try not to buy anything at the resort as its exorbitant. We saw pool inflatables for 2 times what was bought off resort. I'm cheap so I can't see the point of buying at the general store something I can buy at the store I'm going to anyway.

Room Tip: I would stay in the main tower.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank teedsmrbob
New Jersey
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I just got back from my 3rd visit to the MSC. I travelled here with my wife and 2 children (ages 8 & 9). The resort has very clean rooms and surroundings and there is a lot going, which makes this is a perfect place for families travelling with children of all ages. We had a 1 bedroom villa, which was more than enough room for 4 people. There are always (non-intrusive) maintenance crews out and about cleaning and it shows when you walk around.

I would say that the pools are probably among the best when compared to many of the other resorts as we took a walk to some of the others and wanted to see for ourselves. There is a happy hour at the pool bar that spans from around 1pm to 6pm (the longest happy hour I have ever been to). Additionally, the food at the pool bar and grill is fantastic and great for something quick and easy to grab during the day for lunch.

The only drawback I can honestly say about this place is that there are some stringent rules that apply to the guests. These rules never really bothered me because I never had any issues complying with them. For example, you are given tags for each person in your party and you must use these tags to claim a chair around the pool. You do have to get up somewhat early (not a problem for me) to make sure you have a prime location, otherwise you may not get a location of your choice. Additionally, if you are away from your chair for longer than 2 hours, they will take the tags off of the chairs.

Overall opinion is that this is one of the best resorts in one of the best places in the Caribbean.

2 Thank MefromNJ
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and look forward to returning. We love the lazy river, size of the rooms, and overall friendliness of the staff. The facility is very clean. Probably my only complaint is the overall size of the complex and it does have a crowded feel at times. The location is good with many walkable locations nearby.

Room Tip: Lighthouse tower, pool view, as high a floor as possible - all if you want the best view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NebraskaFan71
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2013

What to bring:
Frozen meat (yes it stayed rock frozen) chicken/steaks/hot dogs/etc
Frozen butter
Collapsable cooler or check airline how to pack a cooler, or maybe a cooler bag
Microwave popcorn
Coffee/crystal light/tea etc
Peanut butter and jelly
Condiments like ketchup and mustard, coffee creamer
Blow up pool rings
Sunscreen and more sunscreen
Duty free liquor for mixed drinks in room

With proper packing, you can save a ton. All you need is a quick run to the store for fruits, veggies, a few dairy items, bread and drinks. We spent around $135 at the market (go any day but Sunday when cab fare is more!) and fed the family of 5 for a week for breakfast and lunch. My kids don't care for the pool bar food so this worked well. They are teenagers so breakfast out is a nightmare since they sleep in.

We also found a great tree just to the right of palapa 103, which is shady until 3:30. Tag your chairs under that tree and you have a front row view.

We aren't cheap. . .we just prefer to go out for nice dinners and drinks. Oh, do not miss the real shaken-not-stirred cocktails served from 5:30-7:30 at the nearby Marriott main bar. They are 2 for $10 which is much better than the pool bar at the Surf Club and you can still charge to your room!!

Room Tip: Any room above 6th floor.
7 Thank KristaNoel