“Heaven tucked away up a corner.”
Review of Maute Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maute Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Venezuelan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Maute Grill is a new Venezuelan Steakhouse which brings fine dining in Aruba to a new level. While the steaks are the centerpiece of the menu there is a wide variety of entrees to satisfy the most discriminating diner. Scrumptious appetizers, fresh salads and local sided dishes, paired with a bottle of wine from the largest International Wine List on the island is sure to make your evening memorable. Outside seating is available. Located in the Paseo Herencia Mall across from the Playa Linda.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We almost walked past this restaurant because it’s tucked up a corner and at first glance looks like a small bar with a very small eating area at the back. We stopped to have a quick drink whilst thinking about our next eating venue when my husband picked up a menu, hence our decision to stay for food. We both had steak (one T-bone, one filet mignon) and they were cooked to perfection; I had a glass of sauvignon blanc that was genuinely one of the best I’ve tried (can’t remember the name but it was about 12USD a glass) and to make the meal even more wonderful the waiter provided us (complimentary) with some dressings/dips with garlic bread that could only have been freshly made they tasted so superb. The service was 5 stars and the atmosphere relaxed; very customer focused. We would not hesitate to go back if we ever find ourselves in Aruba in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I went there the other night and I wished I had ordered the steak instead. We were trying to eat light so we ordered the fish. The menu said Sea Bass and I asked if it was Chilean and the waiter said yes. I am an avid lover of Clilean Sea Bass so we ordered it but this was definitely NOT Chilean. It looked more like a half of a flounder and it was very salty.

I saw someone else's steak dinner brought to their table and I was extremely jealous. It looked and smelled very good and it was about 5 inches tall! If we ever go there again, I will definitely order the steak!

The service was very good but I'm not sure if that had more to do with the fact that the restaurant was slow (it was early)

The only other thing that upset us was that they charged us for each glass of ice tea!!! $3.00 to be exact and we didn't even ask for refills as the waiter just filled them as they got low. It's not a huge deal but it doesn't seem right to charge $3.00 for a glass of 90% ice and 10% tea without giving free refills.

In hind sight, I should have complained but didn't want to allow myself to get angry because we were on vacation.

The owner seemed to be very attentive to everyone's satisfaction so I feel like he will make changes to make things better

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The restaurant was a bit empty, but we were there midweek. THe service was very attentive and the food was delicious. Love the way they serve the steaks on a cutting board.
Prices were average for the area, and our party of 6 had a wonderful evening at a slow pace and very relaxed. Try the Ribeye, and enjoy the Arepas...a treat!!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

On the last night of our trip we finally ate at Maute. We had walked past several times but had picked someplace else. I wish we had started there as I know we would eat there again. The place had fantastic service with a very helpful wait staff. there was a huge menu of lots of different choices. It was a steak place but with a great menu for chicken and seafood also. They had all your traditional cuts but also interesting twists on old stand byes and some great sauces. Reasonable prices and great quality.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was probably the best dinner I had on the island. Everything was excellent but I highly recommend sitting outside and ordering the following:

1. Arepas con nata y queso (venezuelan corn-bread w/ sour cream and venezuelan cheese appetizer)
2. Parrilla de Lomito or Filet Mignon (enough for 2 people)... You can't miss this!
3. Tostones (fried plantain side order)

Service was excellent too and the prices were very reasonable compared to other places we explored (especially when you are sharing and trying several small dishes)

1  Thank dilianna