“Best value in Aruba!”

Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I came to Aruba on business and needed a hotel that was inexpensive and quiet. I had read some of the reviews for Brickell Bay and was hesitant as some of them said the hotel was loud as it is in the middle of the main district in Aruba. I was pleasantly surprised at just how quiet the hotel was. I never heard a sound from another room or another guest. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

The room was very clean and the staff did a wonderful job cleaning the room every night. I was even surprised to see that they had a turndown service and left chocolates for you each night -- not something you typically expect from the least expensive hotel I could find!

Another reason that I chose this hotel was because it is a wifi hotspot. Although I checked no free wifi in my review....no hotel on the island has free wifi. In Aruba, you have to pay for Internet access in the hotels. It is supplied by the same Internet company for the whole island. The card I purchased cost only $35 and it gave me unlimited access to the Internet for 7 days at any hotspot on the island. It worked for both my computer and my iPhone!

I booked my room on one of the travel website (not through the hotel) and it only cost $90 a night. What a steal! I would definitely stay here again and would have no problem recommending it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ctd104

Reviewed October 14, 2010

Located near the Hi Rise area, easy walking distance to beaches and other high end resorts. Also walking area to all major restaurants, shopping areas. In room WiFi but you have to buy an internet card in order to access it. There is a nearby full service Setar location to buy phone cards, etc but prepared to wait since it seems everyone on the island goes to this location. Breakfast is great in attached restaurant, more extensive than plain continental type breakfast. Swimming pool area is nice but was completely empty when we were there..probably because guests were at the beach or visiting the nicer pools at the resorts.
Cons: Lobby area is INFESTED with mosquitos, so don't think of lounging in lobby area unless you're saturated in OFF spray or love the welts of itchy bug bites. Room AC is fairly loud, couldn't find way to adjust it but at least it worked.
Overall, seems like cheaper alternative to nearby resorts while getting decent location.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I have experienced many hotels in Aruba. I thought I would try the Brickell Bay and I was very impressed with the cleanliess of the room which is very important to me. IT smelled very clean when I entered the room. The room is roomy and a large beautiful T.V. is hanging on the wall, not one of those 17 in. on the dresser as in other hotels. The staff was very friendly as soon as you entered the front lobby. The couldn't do enough to see that all your needs were met. The second year I stayed there they welcomed us with, "Welcome Home." It was a though they remembered you from the previous year. Maybe they did. The pool area is clean as well with nice lounges and a bartender there to fix you a nice refreshing drink as you bask in the sun. It is in walking distance to a lot of restaurants and casinos. So, you don't even have to take a cab anywhere. Your right in the middle of everything you want and need from breakfast to dinner to playtime.
I already booked my next years reservations. I don't want to take of chance of not getting the date I needed to be in Aruba. Actually, I booked a room for my friends as well.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela G
Reviewed September 22, 2010

This is the best kept secret in Aruba. Very reasonable and accommodations were just right. Small hotel with a great staff. They really made you feel welcome. Although it is not right on the beach it is just across the street - just a few short steps. It's location is ideal since the build up of this beach area, Brickell Bay is right smack in the middle of it. Walking distance to everything, yet very quite once you're ready to retire for the night.

Staff always welcomed you as you came and went throughout the day. Alway with a smile on their face. Will definitely return again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank schallk
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Best accomodation ever, the nightlife was within walking distance, in fact everything was.!! The frontdesk staff, went all the way out to assist us in anything we needed. We did not even request a crib, and it was there when we checked in. The staff in the restaurant was attent every day we came in for breakfast. My daugther got an allergy, and one staff personell went all the way to the farmacy to get her medication. Not to mention the rooms were clean, and turndown service was every single night with water and chocolates!!!Wow. Maintenance was walking around every moment we could think off. Helen at the Spa offerred excellent service. People Brickell bay is the place to go for a Good , Quality vacation. !!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MorenoOranjestad
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed for two weeks in Brickell bay. The rates are good, and you get what you pay for. Close to the beach, on a good location (near shopping malls and restaurants of Palm Beach), nice swimming pool, free use of internet, free use of chairs on the beach, friendly staff. The only thing of concern were the moldy walls and ceiling in the room (especially around the airconditioning). And a good tip for people who stay here in the future: make sure that you get a room on the lobby side of the hotel! (Not the Burger king/swimming pool side --> you won`t sleep because of the noise from the clubs nearby, until 3 am every night). Maybe Americans expect more from a hotel, but for European standards it is certainly a 3-star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Swaan53
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Just returned from a week in Aruba, stayed at Brickell Bay. Due to the negative reviews I went with trepidation. My stay was fantastic. Brickell Bay is located near great restaurants and near the public bus that leads to downtown. The room was attractive, nicely air conditioned and comfortable. The staff was helpful and responsive to my requests. I treated the staff curteously and the same was returned. In fact, the Brickell Bay staff went the extra mile for me. I was assisted in locating a friend who works on the Island by one of the staffers. Moreover, I got a suggestion for and was shuttled to a great inexpensive Aruban cuisine lunch spot and picked up once I was done with lunch at no cost. I have stayed at luxury all inclusives where I paid luxury prices. Brickell Bay is a quality affordable option suitable for singles, families, value seekers and those who aren't expecting a Ritz Carlton experience. The beach was a 2 minute 1 block walk and water sports were available all along the beach. I will definitely stay at Brickell Bay when I return to Aruba next year.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
#23 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa? Share your experiences!