“Brickell Bay noisy Sand Bar”

Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Brickell Bay noisy Sand Bar”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was just in Aruba at the end of April and I visited the Brickell Bay to complain I couldn't get a room at a good price like before. well, they did improvements and added a Sand Bar. It's for the young ones but it is very noisy. I am glad I did not stay there this year with that noise. I am sure you could hear it in the rooms and the bar is open late and it's the latest craze there. I hope they will give you ear plugs whne you stay in a room. The improvements are very nice. If you go there, stop at the THE SPA by the pool. Your hostess is wonderful and she will bend over backwards to get you what you wnt and need. The prices are very good for her services.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank frkrknj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stay at Brickell Bay every two weeks for business and the staff at the Brickell Bay Hotel and the Bar are incredible! The guys at the vallet are so warm and welcoming. The receptionist is fast and pleasant. The woman at the pool bar is my favorite! She is so happy to see me and really makes me feel like home. The guys at the back bar are all super friendly and I always have fun on my down time. Brickell Bay is the only place I will stay on Aruba. I recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: The beds are super comfy!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alicia789
Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked a stay at Brickell Bay Beach Club and were extremely disappointed. We were promised a beach front property with ocean views from the room. The beach is across the street; our window overlooked the parking lot. The hotel, room, and pool were not exactly clean, and we were missing a fire alarm in our room—only exposed wires. There was mold growing on the lampshades...

Room Tip: We switched and stayed at the Hyatt across the street. The rooms were clean, the staff was extremely...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Katie S
brickellbayaruba, Manager at Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Katy & John

I am truly sorry that you though that our hotel is on the beach, as per our conversation and with booking through one of our major online wholesalers. As discussed upon check-in, JetBlue do have it clearly mentioned that our hotel is 320m from the beach and that we are not directly located on the beach. I do understand tat you wanted to be on the beach and for that reason our hotel was happy to cancel your reservation to relocate as we always want guest to enjoy their vacation in Aruba.

We only have a pool and garden view room and it is unfortunate that you though that we were on the beach as per your online booking made. Our hotel is a boutique hotel providing guest with only the highest standard of service and facilities and the best amenities and added value on Palm Beach.

I do want to mention that our pool gets cleaned twice a day due to the high winds that we are currently experiencing in Aruba, it is unfortunate that you checked out the same time as you arrived at our hotel and I am very sure that you would have enjoyed our beautiful pool area.

I have looked into the claim of mold in the room and it is unfortunate, our rooms is recently been renovated and all furniture, lamp fixture are all new. We provide added humidifiers in all rooms to ensure only the best rooms.

I am truly sorry that you had to check-out of the hotel due to the fact that we were not on the beach, and trust that you enjoyed your vacation in Aruba. We only want to best experience for each visitor vacationing in Aruba.

I thank you for your feedback as discussed on the day of your arrival.

Kind Regards,

Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Management

Travelers are raving about these Palm - Eagle Beach hotels

maracaibo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

just spent 4 days in this hotel, and i really cant complain about anything, great location, the room was very comfortable and nice, great tv, great forniture, clean bathroom. the staff was always nice, the helped us and were always kind. Jessica recieved us when we arrived, she was very nice and she also booked us the semi submarine tour and the jeep safari which we enjoyed a lot. the hotel is close to one the best beaches in aruba, palm beach, you just have to walk like 5 minutes top to get there. There are a lot of restaurants next to the hotel where you can choose from angentina to italian food, there are so many options. The malls are 5-10 minutes away walking. you can find a casino just crossing the street. I really liked the hotel, and highly recommend you to try it.

Room Tip: we cant complain actually, we stayed at 3 floor and was very quiet, we didnt have any problem,
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been to Aruba more than 30 times and I have never felt more welcome than at the Brickell Bay Beach Club. The staff is more than amazing, they treat all guests like family! Not only that, they treated each other like family, including management! Everyone was so kind and helpful whether you were at the front desk, the pool, the spa, in your room or at the bar...someone was always there to assist us with anything we needed.

The rooms were clean and always had a few little surprises! (don't want to give away too much)
The pool was Beautiful!
The Sandbar is Awesome and also beautiful!
The entire resort is beautiful!
But the people were the most Beautiful!!!

Cheryl

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chemedche
Rahway, New Jersey
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great Staff, Great Location, Great Rates, Great Hotel. Just can't say enough about the staff and management, they go out of there way to make you feel at home and welcomed. You could not ask for a better location for it is right in the middle of Palm Beach. There rates are great, very reasonable with everything you need to make your stay comfortable. The hotel and staff really treat you like family, when we arrived they greeted us with welcome home Ray, enjoy your stay and let us know if you need anything. Since our last stay, Brickell Bay has added a new edition, The Sandbar which is a great place to end your day or start you evening. Great vacation.....were coming back in Oct.

Room Tip: We like the 3rd floor, but all the floors from what I hear are very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ray M
brickellbayaruba, General Manager at Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Ray

You have become family over so many years and what can I say. My staff always comments about how much they enjoy having you in the hotel every time you visit Aruba. I am truly grateful for your support over so many years and for making Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa your second home.

My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in Aruba in August.
Regards,

Juan Keyter
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was down in Aruba for both business and pleasure and had never stayed here. I have to be back in Aruba for a project over the next 12 months and I have found my home away from home here at the Brickell Bay. First off, service is number one here. From the bellmen and front desk to the housekeepers, you always feel important . The rooms are tastefully appointed and super comfortable. The beds have cushion tops and the pillows are extremely comfortable.For business, the wireless in the room is very fast. The pool is like a secret hideaway with giant fluffy towels to make your lounge even more comfortable. For dining, Tomato Charlie's has the freshest ingredients and your meals are made from scratch. The servers are always smiling and are there to take great care of you.. At night , Brickell Bay's location puts you in the middle of hundreds of great restaurants and nightlife but the really great thing is that right there is Sand, at the Brickell Bay which is a really fun place to dance, ( They have the #1 DJ on the island) , sinf karaoke and watch any sporting event you want all outside. There is also a grill there where the chef makes the best burgers and shrimps. I'm so happy I found this great value of a hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
#23 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa? Share your experiences!