“Great Hotel, Great Location”

Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Barrie, Canada
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed here from March 25 - April 1st. Booked a last minute at a great price. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. Our room was newly renovated, clean, comfortable and quiet. The room was cleaned every morning and our towels were changed in the morning and evening, with turndown service and chocolates. The location is excellent, a short walk to the beach where you can get free loungers from Marcel's. If you want shade, there is a charge of $20/day for a hut, or you can share one for $10/day. We booked a snorkeling trip with Marcel's, which was excellent. It was a great sunset trip, three couples only, snorkelling at two separate spots. The beach is very nice with lots of watersports available. This hotel is right in the heart of the high rise section where there are many great restaurants. Can't wait to go back.

4 Thank mschara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I was there for a special trip and found the best experience ever!!! They became part of my life by helping me with some special planning and surpassed all my expectations ;-) Staff is SUPER friendly and helpful, they made me feel not like a customer but like part of their family.
Small hotel with nice rooms, great food, very conveniently located, a walk away from the wonderful beach, bus stops right in front, loooots of great restaurants around... I was looking for something not-too big, not too crowded, not too fancy, and I found it PERFECT for what I needed.
I came back 3 more times and loved them all. For couples, for families, for business, for "just-because", I'll go again and again and again

Room Tip: Let them know your plans. They will help you
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CCK0108
Toronto
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Stayed at this hotel from March 25th-April 1st. Saw the mixed reviews but i am glad we booked this hotel. The staff are very personable, helpful & work really hard to make your stay enjoyable. loved Tomato Charlie's pizza..continental breakfast could be better but the wait staff were great. Loved the book exchange, Pool rarely busy-but after seeing the beach..you understand. As queer folks we felt welcome & safe. Many thanks to Sandra,William,Jr, at the front desk Thank you to Nelly & other wimmin at Tomato Charlie's great service & to the many not so visble employees that contributed to a great stay. This is hotel is small which makes it more personable..so close to beach..great service from Sandra @ Marcel's who made our days on the beach great...use the bus much cheaper than cabs & safe..you can ask front desk to borrow coolers for beach or outings for no cost..I recommend on getting a fridge & shopping @ Kung Fui supermarket which is in walking distance from hotel. We will be back to this hotel again..which made us one happy relaxed during our stay on "one happpy island".

2 Thank w r
Toronto
Reviewed April 3, 2011

First off, i must say that if we didnt have the couple issues that we had, i would have LOVED this hotel. I loved the location, i loved the open air lobby and restaurant attached. I also loved that it wasnt one of the big all inclusive hotels that are so mainstream and commercial. The renovated rooms were great for what you paid, and getting in and to your room was easy and breezy. The location is right by all the restos, walking distance to all the malls, bus right outside the door, and across the street, the beach with free loungers in the designated area. I really loved all these factors.
Now for the bad, when we first checked in our compressor for our air conditioner wasnt working so our bed was soggy and wet and so were the floors and walls with moisture. So, we were transferred at 230am to an unrenovated empty room for the night. That night we both got bed bug bites ( we hadnt gone to the beach yet as we had arrived at 1130pm, and both have no allergies) we researched bed bugs in the hotel lobby over the course of the week, and found out that we had the "clusters" and "straight line" appearance of the bed bug bites. We then transferred back to our renovated room in the morning as they fixed our compressor, and never got the bites again. We waited till the end of the week to see if it was from the first room, and in fact it was. We told the front desk lady as there was no manager around, and she said she would "let someone know". That's all we got....
The second issue is that it wasnt just our compressor problem, our room/bed was soggy and wet every single night. All our clothes, floors, walls, and sheets were moisture-soaked which made sleeping difficult. Im not sure if it is Aruba or just this hotel that has this problem??
The third issue is that with the exception of the really really nice ladies in Tomato charlies resto, most of the front desk staff ( the ladies )were extremely unhelpful. If you asked anything about this island ( restos, food stores, convenience stores) they said "i dont' know" or gave you the wrong answer. I even asked them to cancel a reservation at a restaurant i had made, for me, and when i asked late that evening, turns out they didnt. It got to the point where if i needed to know something i was afraid to approach them as i didnt want the icy cold treatment.
Aside from those things, if they were corrected, i would definitely go back there again as all the pluses are exactly what i want from a hotel. I didnt mind that it was a little outdated and wasn't a 5 star, i didnt expect it and didnt care. I love the small-hotel feel and the great location.
I just wish the Management would get on their staff about how they treat people and fix the bed bug problem and the soggy sheets-moisture problem.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 31, 2011

The hotel is true to its 3 star rating - no “wow factor” however there are plenty of good things to say. Great location and the pool is wonderful. The front desk helped me book our day tours. There is a nice beach area designated for guests. Right out in front of the hotel is an efficient local bus service. We rode the bus for a nominal amount back and forth to town and out to the other end of the island for snorkeling.

All of the hotels along the beach have outside bars, there is an abundance of good restaurants, a movie theater, small food market, and shopping. All of the island tours pick you up and drop you off at your hotel. Recommend: ABC Jeep Tours, Marcel’s for a sail and snorkeling, Notorious Horse Farm, and the Palm Island all-inclusive half day. The island is safe and the locals very friendly.

Room Tip: Orbits provided the best rates
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stayed at the Brickell Bay Beach club from Feb.18-25th, 2011 and had a great experience. I found a fantastic vacation package to Aruba and was a bit nervous after reading the mixed reviews to stay at this hotel but ended up having a great stay.

I have learned after extensive travelling and reading a lot of travel reviews of places I have stayed that everyone’s experiences are subjective. This hotel is an excellent budget travel option. It was clean and located right across from the beach and right near lots of restaurants and attractions. I stayed in a renovated room that faced the front of the hotel. It was quiet and the staff was friendly. It is not a luxurious 5 star hotel so I didn’t expect the same things I would if I had paid a lot more to stay there.

The lobby is renovated and beautifully breezy. There is free Wi-Fi in the lobby and you can also use one of the 2 computers in the lobby free for 30 mins a day. The pool area was clean and had a swim up bar but it wasn’t fancy and the view from the pool is of a burger king sign. The drinks are quite overpriced and it is not staffed consistently but someone does come by occasionally.

There is a beach right across the street and beach chairs for hotel patrons to use free of charge. If you wanted an umbrella or a shady spot it was $10 for 2 people for the whole day. The nicer Palm Beach is only a short distance away – either by walking or on the bus. There is no free lounge chair arrangement with that beach but it was worth going to at least once since it was so nice.

I had an “American breakfast” included with my vacation package in the restaurant located in the hotel. This was an upgrade from the continental. The food was decent but the service in the morning was very slow. It would probably be the only negative thing I would have to note about my stay. It’s not a buffet so you have to order from a menu and present a free voucher that the hotel gives you. There are also paying customers eating there as well and I noticed they had much faster service – I’m sure since they would be tippers. It took upwards of an hour every morning to get my food and this is quite a long time when you just want to get on with your day.

Our plane left at 11:30pm at night and we had to be checked out of the room at noon. They kept our bags in the lobby near the front desk. I was uncomfortable doing this and would have preferred that there was some sort of locked room instead. They provided several courtesy rooms if you wanted to shower and freshen up before the flight at the end of the day. They were non-renovated rooms and I would not have been so happy with my stay if I had to have been given one for the week. But for the purposes of the shower it was fine.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. You get what you pay for and I actually think I had excellent value for my money here. Aruba was amazing and I will be going back!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank akaAwesome
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2011

This was a nightmare! Very bad continental breakfast, loud and noisy employees, nothing is working, dated rooms and of course to expensive for more than $ 170 dollars for a night stay. We travel a lot around the world but this Hotel is really bad and out dated.

1 Thank Markfirst

Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
#23 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa? Share your experiences!