“Excellent Frosty Drinks, and Ariel!”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent Frosty Drinks, and Ariel!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stopped at TGI Friday's after a terrible day where my bike tire burst and having walked most of the way back to the resort side of the island. I was in a rotten mood and I just wanted an ice cold drink.

Ariel, a server from the Philippines, came outside to serve us because we were so grungy from the walk that we didn't want to sit inside. He happily served my husband the biggest beer I have ever seen (something in the neighborhood of 30 oz) and I got a cool, frosty, strawberry daiquiri. The drinks were great, but Ariel was the real treat. He shared some very entertaining stories and really took good care of us despite the fact the we knew he had to go out of his usual area inside to do it. I didn't have to wait for my second round. My husband was still working on his beer when mine was served. Ariel did it all without missing a beat. We have never gotten excellent service at a TGI in the U.S. but we will definitely return to the one in Aruba in hopes of seeing him next time.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank California-Yankee

Chicago, Illinois
“Typical”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This TGI's is pretty much exactly like every other one I've been to. There is nothing extra ordinary about it. The service was good and the food was typical TGI Fridays. I would actually recommend the Hard Rock Cafe a block away over this place. Same prices, better food, and service.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Not like we have in the good ole US”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We wanted something familiar before we went in to the theatre near by beings it had rained most of the day. This place is a dive. The service is horrible and the food is worse. Being military, one adapts and has the ability to eat everything gross but honestly everything in this place was just bad. Dont do it!!

1 Thank m s
Verona, Italy
“The worst I've been to”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Bad and slow service. It took ages to get the attention of the waiter, and then to get food and when it eventually came it was cold and tasteless! Just do not go!

Visited December 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Won't go back”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We picked TGY's as we haven't really found any restaurants in the area that offer a wow factor when it comes to red meat, so we ordered two burgers. Didn't taste anything like the burgers you get in the States or Europe. We were really frustrated with this. On top of the poor burger, the staff were more interested in talking to each other or flirting with a group of male guests.

Price was ok, restroom was new and clean, but the overall experience was not good.

Safe travels!