“Great Experience!!”

Island Cabana ~ SUP Aruba
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to ISLAND CABANA ~ SUP ARUBA​ Looking to spend your day on the beach away from the crowds? Then join us for a day on the most quiet stretch of Palm Beach, ​while you Paddleboard or Kayak its clear & shallow water. ​We offer Aruba's finest SUP Lessons-Rentals-Tours-Yoga & Crystal Kayaks!
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was our first SUP experience and it was great! My boyfriend and I took a shared one hour lesson with Jereme and then rented paddleboards on our own the following day. The lesson was really good. Jereme made sure we understood everything before we got started and he was always there with helpful reminders on technique. He made it easy and fun. He also gave us some tips on places to go on the island. We will definitely do this again if we return to Aruba!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Aruba is a great place to paddleboard due to the calm waters. Jeremy made it even easier with his very easy and clear instructions.
I was having so much fun that Jeremy let me paddle a little more than my time limit (thanks!)

If you have never tried it, definitely go! It is much easier than it looks. Even my mom was able to do it!
It is located just past the Marriot Hotel Beach is the paddleboard area.

They also do kitesurfing school, which I plan to try on my next visit to Aruba.

1  Thank deborahanne312
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had been wanting to try SUPing for a year or so, and we were thrilled when we found SUPA! We made reservations a few weeks before our trip, which probably wasn't necessary, but better safe than sorry. Jereme was awesome, gave us a tutorial and then let us go! It was definitley harder than expected, but so much fun!

2  Thank Katfish79
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My daughter and I took a lesson with Jereme and had an awesome time! Jereme is a fabulous instructor: kind, patient and encouraging. He kept tabs on how both of us were doing and managed to give each of us individual instruction.

It was the first time we tried paddle boarding and now we are hooked. We are going to explore paddleboarding opportunities near home and thank Jereme for helping us discover a new way to enjoy working out together. For me, this was a lot more fun than working out in a gym or running.

It was easy to book the lesson on line and the price is affordable, too.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We just got done stand up paddling and I thought it best to write a review while the experience was still fresh. Firstly, Jeremy was very helpful and a good instructor for beginners. I myself am an owner of a tutoring center so I appreciate those who can not only DO but TEACH as well. He speaks VERY clearly and is easy to understand.

That being said, there is not much expertise required to make this a thoroughly enjoyable experience, just good balance (hence my wife not falling at all and me falling 3 times!).

This is not an attraction for younger kids and probably not for those in subpar physical condition as the wind blows hard at times and some moderate fitness level is required to not constantly be blown off the board! Don't get me wrong - I am hardly a professional athlete, just thought I'd mention it to those who are sweat/exercise averse!

I would definitely recommend Stand Up Paddle Aruba!