“Nice Romantic Dinner”
Review of The Blue Lobster - CLOSED

The Blue Lobster
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Live lobster is now available going from 1.5 kilo up to 4 kilo. Open for lunch 11Am serving international lunch and local authentic Aruban food at excellent prices,The international and lobster menu are also available at lunch time. January 11th 2013 we are going back to our good old prices honoring in this way our motto, which calls for "Good food" Good Service" and "Good prices". Kids menu is now available as well as a brand new international lunch menu.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I ate at The Blue Lobster for our "romantic dinner" while in Aruba. We went on a Wednesday, which is when they have their 3-course special (you each get an appetizer, dinner, and dessert, as well as a bottle of wine for a fixed price).

We really enjoyed the atmosphere. The staff were very attentive and professional. The wine was very good (we are normally sweet wine drinkers, but the sweetest they had was chardonnay...but it was sweet enough for us and very tasty).

The lobster bisque was wonderful...the lobster chowder didn't have much flavor, in my opinion. My husband got the snapper, which he wasn't really impressed with. I got the lobster thermidor (which my husband LOVED), however I thought the lobster was a little overcooked and rubbery.

The creme brulee was good, but the banana chocolate chip cake was AMAZING! The "frosting" tasted like whipped bananas! The slice was pretty thin, but it was delectable nonetheless.

The presentation of the food gets high marks. Very artistic and colorful! And the rosemary sprigs are a nice touch!

If they work on seasoning the food a little better (a little more salt, pepper, spices, and vegetable broth in the chowder) and not overcooking it, this would be a five-star review.

All-in-all, a nice experience and a very nice restaurant.

2  Thank JaxOTD

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Read many positive reviews. Like to try new restaurants. Made a reservations.

Pretty tables, close to each other. Could hear the family near us fight about another restaurant and not being able to get reservations.

I ordered a fish dish. It was tough, tasteless. Vegetables were good.

DH had a fish dish that was good. felt the prices were too high, compared to the quality if the food. salads were unusual. Not good.

We tried this restaurant. Now we know

2  Thank Teach1977
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Saw an add in local paper about a lobster special Wed and Sat.$40 for a 3 course meal with a bottle of wine. 8 oz lobster was one choice, soup or lobster ravoli and a slice of banana chip chocolate cake. Been open only about a year. Chef used to work at Madamme Janettes. Great ambience and friendly staff. Will be back

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great little restaurant-Seafood lovers paradise- My lobster (hard shell Maine) cooked w/perfection/stuffed with shrimp yum yum......had seconds on the Sangria pitcher...will come back.

2  Thank rose o
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The food was good but the directions "behind Wendy's" were the funniest...for these 3 female executives we finally found it down the road. This was the cheapest restaurant with the most fun staff and while my meal was good, the other two had lobster and enjoyed it.

1  Thank EAMcDonald