“Pretentious and horrible service”

Taste of Belgium Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste of Belgium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Belgian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I tracked this place down because I wanted to try some good beer and get a few appetizers. Serving sizes are small (yes, even for appetizers), the food was average at best and the service was the worst we had on the island. I had to wait 30 minutes for the check after our dishes were cleared at which time I went and tracked the waiter down myself. The beer was the only good thing about this place. I certainly won't be back.

Werner V, Owner at Taste of Belgium Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear,

Thank you for you review.
We feel very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit at Taste of Belgium Restaurant.
We do hope you will give us another chance. Please contact us at werner@mparuba.com so we can make sure you will have a nice memorable experience at our restaurant.
Werner and Peter

Write a ReviewReviews (1,879)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We actually dined here twice during our trip to Aruba - once for dinner and once for breakfast. They were running a special on their drinks, so we were able to enjoy 2 for 1 beers for dinner. We each sampled one anothers' beer, and they were all very good. Also, pay attention to the alcohol content in these beers, because most of them are between 8 and 10%. You may not need to drink as much as you think you do. The food was nothing spectacular. I had the fillet mignon for dinner and found it to be bland. For breakfast, I had the American breakfast, and it was average as well. Nice "attempt" at a real American breakfast, though. Again, our party of 8 sampled each others' food, and I did not find anything that really grabbed me. On the upside, the service was TOP NOTCH. Just to give an idea of the cost, my dinner bill, which consisted of two adults, two children, and two beers (plus two more for free), amounted to just over $125. Breakfast came to around $60 for the same four people. Our friends' bills were about the same.

Thank you for your review.
We are very proud of our staff, they do indeed an excellent job.
We are looking forward to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our family of 7 ate here last week, and everyone enjoyed it. There is nice variety on the menu for us, and the portions are not overwhelming. The prices are lower than other Aruba fine dining choices.
I had the grouper and it was sensational. Several of us tried one of the many Belgian beer alternatives.

1  Thank bawe

Thank you for your review.
Always great to read that you had an excellent experience at Taste of Belgium Restaurant.
We are looking forward to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My boyfriend who lived in Belgium thought it was just average. This being my first time eating at a Belgian restaurant and never visiting Belgium I had nothing to compare the experience to. A good selection of original Belgian beers but they were overpriced. Started with the shrimp and cheese croquettes; the cheese was tasty but the shrimp was average at best (could not see any shrimp and barely tasted like shrimp). My salmon entree was just salmon on top of mashed potatoes with sauteed veggies. His beef stew was nothing to write home to Belgium about. The apple pie with vanilla ice cream was tasty but not unique to Belgium.

Thank you for your review.
Our Belgian beers are imported so this makes the beers pricier unfortunately.
We do hope you will give our restaurant another try as we are constantly in process to improving
all we have to offer.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I had high hopes for this place after seeing reviews. First of all, it moved to the plaza behind the one it used to be in apparently. We wandered for 30 minutes before we broke down and asked someone. We walked in and are seated and drinks are brought. We didn't particularly see anything on the menu that we wanted so we did apps. The grouper sticks, croquettes, and we ordered Belgian fries but they never arrived. After we finished and played were cleared it took our waiter 30 mins to bring our check. The food was ok but this is one of those places you don't get a lot for what you pay for. Not like other places on the island anyhow. The only thing that really blew us away was the beer selection.

Thank you for your review.
Glad you enjoyed our beer selection. We are very proud to serve them here on the island.
Sorry that some things did not go as they should. We do hope you will give us another chance so we can make sure you will have a fantastic memorable experience at Taste of Belgium Restaurant.
Please contact werner@mparuba.com