“Great Beer Menu, Great Service!!”

Taste of Belgium Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste of Belgium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Belgian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I discovered Taste of Belgium during our trip to Aruba in late May (Thank you to TripAdvisor App - don't leave home without it). We went there for brunch. My wife had Pain au poulet épicé (spicy chicken sandwich with marinated, spicy chicken pieces, onions, peppers, mushrooms and a herb mayonnaise). I had 2 home-made waffles with butter, syrup and powder sugar with a side order of bacon. Both dishes were delicious! They have a great Belgium beer menu. Each beer comes in its own unique beer glass. My wife and I each tried different beer and both of us were very satisfied. Our friendly waiter was very helpful in explaining each uniqueness of the beer.

We went back to Taste of Belgium for dinner. We started with an appetizer - Tuna tataki tartar – sprinkled with Cajun herbs and lemon and seared over a hot fire, served on a sesame salad with an orange soy syrup. It's a pretty big portion, so we were able to share. It was good, but I think we would have enjoyed it more if the portion was a bit smaller. More of that in a second... For the main course, my wife ordered Beer-braised ribs – ribs prepared in Belgian beer and herbs, served with frites, a salad and cocktail sauce. I ordered the Grouper – pan-fried filet of grouper served in a creamy sauce of green herbs with vegetables and mashed potatoes. And we tried different types of Belgium beer to go along with our dinner. Again, the portions are huge. Both dishes were good... Of the two main courses, we liked the beer-braised ribs better. Here I go again...we almost wished the portions were a little smaller so that we got the feeling of wanting just a bit more (is that strange?).

Overall, we had a great experience at Taste of Belgium. Good food, great beer, friendly service. The price is very reasonable - lower taxes help. We didn't make a reservation for brunch or for dinner and we had no trouble getting a table, but late May is a slow season in Aruba. We were told that from the Winter to Easter is the busy season in Aruba. We were able to walk from where we stayed (Marriott Ocean Club). We will definitely be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We came here after reading the reviews and checking the ratings...menu was really interesting, was with my hubby, we each had a beer that were 2 for 1 very good, we shared a large Caesar salad, which was very good except that there were anchovies on the salad, not our thing but obviously we know that's how it's made....husband ordered the steak frites and I ordered the beer braised chicken, both delicious!! It was a nice change of pace for us here but the main issue was slow service, almost like we weren't there! We were waited on by 3 different people, maybe it was where we sat ourselves? The place is very nice, desert was hot lava cake wich was soooooo good! I loved the food, the atmosphere, even the waiters were friendly, just not attentive enough. One waiter, a young trainee was so sweet, shook our hands and called us a cab. We liked it, and would try it again!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very good service and excellent food. This restaurant is located in the high rise district mall area. It contains outdoor seating, but the only view is people watching. All the prices are very reasonable, a good selection of food and very reasonable prices. The staff was also very friendly.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The restaurant has an open air location at the new mall. We went for the $28 menu including the movie tickets. The food was good, nothing particularly special. It was a very good value, particularly with Aruba food prices. I had the seafood chowder and the grouper. The service was very, very good. We received two movies tickets for any movie of our choice which made it even a better value.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had the beer chicken...extremely flavorful and cooked perfectly. My wife had a different dish (can't remember) but it was equally good. I was the only place on the island that had REAL beer. Also, the service was excellent. Highly recommend it.