My husband and I each got an 80 minute deep tissue massage. $400. A lot of money and a terrible waste of time and money. Here are some of the highlights:
1) the place was saturated with incense. It was so overwhelming that I had to go sit in another room just so I wouldn't get sick to my stomach. The smell was so intense that you can still smell it on our clothes 3 hours later.
2) we were introduced to a variety of scents that we could have applied to our skin. We not only didn't get the scent we wanted, we were slathered in baby oil. Whats the point of offering oils if you are going to use baby oil???
3) it was not a professional massage table. It was made of wood and creaked a lot. Granted they had some cushion, but it got very uncomfortable after awhile.
4) I have a situation with my neck that requires that the headrest gets tipped forward. Never been an issue anywhere I've ever gotten a massage. When I mentioned at the beginning of the massage that I had a problem, she told me she was sorry, but offered no other positions that could have been easier. I knew if I had called it off, got off the table ( which I should have) there would be an issue with management about reimbursement...so I stuck it out. Later when I told her my neck was cramping, she seemed insulted. I told her why and she acted like I had never said anything.
5) the floor leading to the massage rooms was soaking wet. When I asked what it was from she seemed clueless; " I think it is from the steam room". You THINK??? Could it have been from the toilets? It was especially gross as I was in my bare feet. They had no sandals to offer customers.
6) The locker room had empty supplies and the combs, brushes, etc were not sterilized. They had other people's hair in them. Nothing felt clean.
7) No working steam room
8) I have deep tissue massages often- have had bad ones and have had excellent ones. This I can say for sure: the massage technique was not professional; it was roughshod and not one bit relieving. Worst I've ever had in 20 years and that is saying a lot.
9) My husbands experience was equally rotten. Only his masseuse decided early on that he was not going to give him the deep tissue experience. He was going to get a light massage, like it or not.
I could not wait to get out of there. I'm now in significant pain that is going to require medication.
Wish I had sprung for the extra money and gone to the Ritz next door.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.