“Average”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The actual massage was good, but did not tell me when makiing reservation of different costs on different days. A service charge is attached to bill. This does not include tip for massage. Then when over tried pushing an additional lotion, then seemed put off for not purchasing. All of a sudden your $90 massage is $130.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank 67Clover

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not worth the price!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We are staying at the Marriott Surfclub. We wanted a nice relaxing spa treatment once we arrived. We ended up booking the Belanaise massage for 80 minutes and my friend got the special with a 25 min facial, 25 minute hot stone, and 25 minute foot treatment. We decided to stay for our appointment at the time of booking. The host of the spa was good however one of the showers was not working so we had to wait while the other used the shower. This caused the therapist to get irritated at us for being late. We told the front desk wanted to shower and shave prior to our appointment and they assured us we would have time. The massage was very basic. My friends treatment did not include the hot stone therapy nor the scalp massage. The prices are listed but there is a 20% service charge added to the price that does not include gratuity. The spa actually has only Lipton tea. For $200 you would think you could at least get a chamomile? Needless to say the experience did not meet basic standards and surely not $200 standards for a a massage. I would not waste my money here again.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Spadiva2011
Muscoda, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“2nd rate”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I expected to spend a lot time at Mandara Spa but am searching for a new spa. The treatment beds are hard, which doesn't promote relaxing. I wasn't given spa sandals, nor were the other guests, and instead we were asked to wear our own sandals. The serenity room was full and the chairs against the wall were uncomfortable to relax in when the spa attendant shuffled in with tea and a cool scented cloth to put over your eyes. The prices are a bit on the high side, which I was willing to pay, until I found out about the addition 20% service fee (not including the tax) that was charged and then told it doesn't include tipping your therapist or person you are receiving a treatment from. Seriously! I'm not going back.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Katherine m
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Aweful”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The braids are much better on the beach had my daughters taken out and redone on the beach. They claim to cut men's hair but it was a tragedy! The woman didn't speak English and as she's cutting just kept saying "I sorry" over and over!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Bpackish
Enola, Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relaxing treatment, great massage!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The language barrier can be a challenge. However, my treatment was amazing! I had the coconut body scrub, monoi oil wrap, with a 50 minute massage. They use essential oils now with every treatment. I was very relaxed when I left, and my skin felt a amazing!

Visited February 2013