“Worst Lobster Ever”

Restaurant Carambola Seafood & International Cusine
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A rising star in the constellation of Aruba's most memorable restaurants, Carambola offers a delightful and elegant ambiance combined with an elaborate menu of uniquely designed gourmet dishes with a Caribbean flair, from our classically trained veteran chef. Daily specials take advantage of what is fresh and seasonal so there is always something new to try, along with our signature dishes. Carambola also provides charming surroundings either al fresco or in air conditioned comfort. You will find after one visit, you will be adding your recommendations for the food, service and reasonable prices. Conveniently located within the Paradise Beach Villas Resort, Carambola is a relaxing stroll from all major Eagle Beach resorts and only a very short cab or bus ride from Palm Beach or the Oranjestad resort complexes.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The restaurant is very classy looking and even had a dude playing a keyboard. Unfortunately, our waitress seemed like it was her first day on the job. My wife and I were the only two at the restaurant at the time. The crab cakes and soup were very good however I made the mistake of getting the surf and turf special. I must say that the steak was overcooked and the two bites of lobster I ate were outright disgusting. I am writing this review hoping that I don't get sick tonight from it. I recommend that you DO NOT go to this place.

2  Thank Mitch L

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

After a long day of sitting on my butt on an aruban beach drinking fruity drinks, I deserved a nice spot to eat with my fam. This place was it. We were greeted by a kind fellow who gave us the option to eat either indoors, or out on this large patio thing. (Theres lots of wind here but the patio had a good window-to-wall ratio so it wasnt too windy eating outside). Anywho, We chose outside because thats just how we do. I couldnt tell ya a ton about what the indoors was like, but my ma went to the bathroom and said there was spiral staircase in there, so thats dope. After we were seated, Our waiter Edwardo came to say hello. He was a nice blend of professional and friendly, i knew we were in good hands. I got this seafood pasta after my man Edwardo recommended it. Always listen to those recommendations folks, no matter how much of a culinary hoo-ha you think you are, the waiters always gonna know more than you. As we awaited our meals, we examined our eating place. The patio is very beautiful and totally rad. Also there was this radio station that had classic songs being played on just piano, very pleasant and mood setting if thats what youre after. And get this turns out it wasnt even a radio, there was a guy actually PLAYING live. Coulda fooled me, guy didnt screw up one single note. My seafood pasta was just so very nice. It had all these like...seafood things in it. They were really good, not too rubbery, you'll have that sometimes with aqua-life, but not here. Anyway, great place to start a family, def hit it up

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We've been vacationing in Aruba since 2009 and just ate at Carambola this year! Boy had we been missing a fabulous place! The food was amazing especially the Lobster Thermidor! Our waiter Amaury was the best! He was very attentive without being overbearing. Carambola is now at the top of our eateries list for the entire island. Keep up the great work Martin!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a nice enought meal at Carambola. This is my second time there and with so many choices I don't know if there will be a third. My husband's lobster was the most expensive on the island and was only ok with a funny aftertaste. My daughter did not care for the sauce on her steak but thought the steak tasted ok.The straff is friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the bread.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our evening at Carambola. We were looking for something within walking distance of LaCabana. We had the peanut soup which was good and different. My husband had seafood pasta which he said was very good. I had the shrimp diavlo which was spicy as anticipated. The meal came with warm bread. Our server, Eduardo, was very attentive. We're glad we gave them a try! The atmosphere was very unique in that we saw Abba and the Scorpions as well as the BeeGees during dinner. We got a chuckle out of the ambiance. This was different from the beach dinners the rest of the week.