“Good food”

Restaurant Carambola Seafood & International Cusine
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A rising star in the constellation of Aruba's most memorable restaurants, Carambola offers a delightful and elegant ambiance combined with an elaborate menu of uniquely designed gourmet dishes with a Caribbean flair, from our classically trained veteran chef. Daily specials take advantage of what is fresh and seasonal so there is always something new to try, along with our signature dishes. Carambola also provides charming surroundings either al fresco or in air conditioned comfort. You will find after one visit, you will be adding your recommendations for the food, service and reasonable prices. Conveniently located within the Paradise Beach Villas Resort, Carambola is a relaxing stroll from all major Eagle Beach resorts and only a very short cab or bus ride from Palm Beach or the Oranjestad resort complexes.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our family of 4 visit this restaurant every year so we know what to expect. This year was no exception and we enjoyed our meals. The only unfortunate issue that has turned me off the place is I don't like being lied to. The owner, Martin knows us as we have been frequenting his restaurant since he opened several years ago and he also knows we bring him a lot of business. I have friends at several timeshare resorts who dine at his restaurant because he has good food but primarily because I have personally introduced them to his restaurant. One day after we had already dined at Carambola my cousin and I decided we wanted a burger for dinner so I went to the restaurant and asked Martin if we could order that burger from the lunch menu as they don't serve burgers on their dinner menu. We have done that before so I didn't expect a problem. Martin said there was no problem as they always have chopped meat available. So at about 6 PM we arrived to order our burgers. We both requested med rare with the usual cheese and fries. About 15 minute later our take out orders arrived and we gave our server our credit cards. Then I looked at the bill and we were charged $12.95 for the burger that is $9.95 on the lunch menu. Now I know if we were occupying a table during his diner service I would most certainly expect to pay more but we were taking out food home. I asked Martin why we were charged 25% more for his one and only lunch hamburger and he said because the burger served on the dinner menu had more cheese and more fries. When I told him there was no burger on the dinner menu he walked away. When we returned to our room we opened our takeout cartens and there was no extra cheese or extra fries and our burgers were well done. I understand the meat continues to cook but our timeshare is a PBV where the restaurant is located and the walk back to our rooms took 3 minutes. Martin lied to me. Now I want to add that during our 3 weeks in Aruba my wife and I dine out almost every night. At least 17 out of our 21 days and we dine in good restaurants spending about $2000 during that period for food and drinks. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with the $3.00. Just don't lie to me. Martin the chances are we will return to your restaurant because you have good food but I will order a salad and only a salad because you lied and if I can steer my family to any other restaurant, I will.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant, great eye appeal. Unfortunately they lack the current level of service that the best restaurants in Aruba give. Our waiter was very pleasant but everything was slow. Over 15 minutes to get our drinks another 15 to order and then the wait for the 5 dishes. Years ago this would have been the standard - but fortunately the very good restaurants no longer operate this way. The food was good - I had the Hot shrimp dish which was like eating 10* hot sauce. I enjoyed it but I am not sure how many others could have handled it. I hope they can improve the service as it is a beautiful room and I know they are trying.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Carambola last night. We had the early bird - which you can order right up until 7:00 p.m. It includes soup or salad (we had one of each and was very, very good). Main course - I had the grouper, my husband had the filet (both good, but I would have the filet if I went back. The grouper was not as good as I have had elsewhere). Then they gave you a caramel flan for dessert. It also included a glass of wine. The cost is $29 per person. I would recommend it. The only downside was that when we went to pay they said they didn't accept traveler's checks. I don't understand that - I would think they would prefer these more than a credit card - I have only run into to this one other time in Aruba. Luckily we could charge it to our room (we are staying at Paradise Beach Villas).

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Arrived on the island early Sunday afternoon. After checking into our resort and getting settled we ran through our list of resaurants that are within walking distance. We had been here previousaly so we had an idea on what to expect. We had the grouper and shrimp fra diavlo. The service was very good but the food was lacking. We wold rate the grouper as very poor and the fra diavlo as good.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We've been out for a seafood dinner every night on Aruba for our week long stay. Tonight's dining destination was Carambola. The food was okay - better than average but not the best we've eaten this week. Our server, Juan Carlos did an excellent job for us. Pleasant, professional and attentive! The restaurant itself was rather nice. We dined at their outdoor covered patio. Very quant. Nice ocean breeze. I had the red snapper, but requested that the fish be blackened rather than how it was described/prepared on the menu. They blackened the snapper and it was good. My wife had a seafood pasta which she enjoyed, but did state that her entree wasn't the best she's had on the island, either. Keep up the great work, Juan Carlos!