“Beautiful to look at but needs some work”

Restaurant Carambola Seafood & International Cusine
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A rising star in the constellation of Aruba's most memorable restaurants, Carambola offers a delightful and elegant ambiance combined with an elaborate menu of uniquely designed gourmet dishes with a Caribbean flair, from our classically trained veteran chef. Daily specials take advantage of what is fresh and seasonal so there is always something new to try, along with our signature dishes. Carambola also provides charming surroundings either al fresco or in air conditioned comfort. You will find after one visit, you will be adding your recommendations for the food, service and reasonable prices. Conveniently located within the Paradise Beach Villas Resort, Carambola is a relaxing stroll from all major Eagle Beach resorts and only a very short cab or bus ride from Palm Beach or the Oranjestad resort complexes.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant, great eye appeal. Unfortunately they lack the current level of service that the best restaurants in Aruba give. Our waiter was very pleasant but everything was slow. Over 15 minutes to get our drinks another 15 to order and then the wait for the 5 dishes. Years ago this would have been the standard - but fortunately the very good restaurants no longer operate this way. The food was good - I had the Hot shrimp dish which was like eating 10* hot sauce. I enjoyed it but I am not sure how many others could have handled it. I hope they can improve the service as it is a beautiful room and I know they are trying.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Carambola last night. We had the early bird - which you can order right up until 7:00 p.m. It includes soup or salad (we had one of each and was very, very good). Main course - I had the grouper, my husband had the filet (both good, but I would have the filet if I went back. The grouper was not as good as I have had elsewhere). Then they gave you a caramel flan for dessert. It also included a glass of wine. The cost is $29 per person. I would recommend it. The only downside was that when we went to pay they said they didn't accept traveler's checks. I don't understand that - I would think they would prefer these more than a credit card - I have only run into to this one other time in Aruba. Luckily we could charge it to our room (we are staying at Paradise Beach Villas).

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Arrived on the island early Sunday afternoon. After checking into our resort and getting settled we ran through our list of resaurants that are within walking distance. We had been here previousaly so we had an idea on what to expect. We had the grouper and shrimp fra diavlo. The service was very good but the food was lacking. We wold rate the grouper as very poor and the fra diavlo as good.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We've been out for a seafood dinner every night on Aruba for our week long stay. Tonight's dining destination was Carambola. The food was okay - better than average but not the best we've eaten this week. Our server, Juan Carlos did an excellent job for us. Pleasant, professional and attentive! The restaurant itself was rather nice. We dined at their outdoor covered patio. Very quant. Nice ocean breeze. I had the red snapper, but requested that the fish be blackened rather than how it was described/prepared on the menu. They blackened the snapper and it was good. My wife had a seafood pasta which she enjoyed, but did state that her entree wasn't the best she's had on the island, either. Keep up the great work, Juan Carlos!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

After over thirty years of having Aruba as our winter vacation, we enjoy dinners out among the Island's many great restaurants. Last night we experienced one of the best. Starting with Aldo, our wonderful server, the ambiance, laid-back atmosphere, attention to service, fine drinks (we recommend their red wine Sangria), and especially the food made the night perfect. We had a range of appetizers, from the onion soup to the escargot, all of which was licked clean. The entrees also ranged from the grouper to the shrimp scampi to the sirloin to the duck. Again, we all agreed that the meals were excellent. Would recommend this restaurant highly and we would return to it often when we again visit our home away from home.

1  Thank soljaz65