“Poor Experience”

AMORE MIO Pizzeria Napoletana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are proud to serve you the AUTENTICA PIZZA ITALIANA, fired on stone of Monte Vesuvio in Naples, made with all fresh italian ingredients.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I vacationed in Aruba for the first time in mid-August. We stayed at the Radisson Hotel in Palm Beach. The Manager at the Radisson had a nice cocktail party the Tuesday we were there so we just wanted a lite dinner afterwards. We went across the street to the Amore Mio Pizzeria. There was only one other customer there drinking a glass of wine and waiting for a take out pizza (it was clear that he was known by the staff). A waiter came to take our order and you could tell he was not pleased that we just wanted to share a pizza. A different person brought us the pizza and filled our water glasses. The veggie pizza we ordered was very bland and you could count the veggies on it. While we ate the pizza, our first waiter was out front talking and the rest of the staff (at least 8 others) were behind the counter preparing take out pizzas (we assumed). No one came over to check on us, ask if we needed anything or how the pizza was! We even had to ask 2 different staff for our bill! We could not believe the way we were treated. We looked at our first waiter as we left, but he ignored us and continued talking. Needless to say, we did not return there and do not recommend this restaurant!

There are newer reviews for AMORE MIO Pizzeria Napoletana

999 - 1,003 of 1,331 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Granted it was Sunday evening and all Restaurants at Palm Beach were packed, but an hour wait for a pizza is completely unwarranted for.
Worst, when my Pizza arrived it was warm at best, so it had to be there waiting for my waiter for at least 10 minutes. I got up, took my Pizza back to the oven to have it reheated.

If you are not able to properly take are of your guest adjustment is needed.

Limit the amount of seating to the amount of customers that you can take care of.
I most definitively will not go back

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Amore Mio is a small pizza place across the main road from high rise hotels. My family of four was there for dinner on Wednesday and Friday nights. Our first experience, on Wednesday evening, was good; there was no crowd and the service was efficient and friendly. The pizza was also very good; it resembles authentic Neapolitan pizza but it can’t quite match it because Amore Mio uses a gas oven. The hostess explained that local regulations do not allow them to have a wood-fired oven, which is too bad because if they had it the pizza would have been excellent. My kids wanted pizza again on Friday night so we went back and this time the place was packed. After about 15 minutes wait we were seated and ready to order. And then the long wait started. It took over one hour to get our pizzas to the table, which is not acceptable considering that even in a gas oven at high heat it takes only a couple of minutes for thin crust pizzas to bake. After one hour I was ready to leave, but couldn’t do that because my kids were starving. The Manager was nice enough to apologize and offered some toasted bread for the kids, and at the end my wife and I were offered complementary limoncello. It looked like they were having some issues in the kitchen, and the Manager was explaining how they prep pizzas in batches every half an hour so because they were so busy that evening then it took longer than usual. However, some locals at the next table arrived after us and got their pizzas first. Another group of their regular guests arrived more than half an hour after us; their appetizers arrived within 10 minutes and then within the next 15 minutes they got their orders including pizzas, at about the same time that our pizzas were served. So I would probably go back but would definitely avoid this place on busy weekend nights when their little pizza oven is overwhelmed and when I need to compete for service with their regular costumers. Regardless, if you are craving for a good pizza, it could be worth the wait.

1  Thank Gazda
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had dinner at Gianni's next door and it was excellent. Since this place is next door and is owned by the same people we thought that we would give it a try a well. The food was good but it took a long time to get it. When the bill finally came, the prices were not the same as the menu. I questioned the waiter and was told that the menus were old. I showed him the paper menu enclosed with the check and it too had the "old" prices. He finally revised the check. All I can say is check over your bill closely people.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We are avid Gianni fans but when the family opened Amore Mio, since there is no good pizza on the island we thought we would give it a try. We are so glad we did. First, the staff was wonderful, they were friendly and attentive. Being italian, we are very critical of italian cooking but we first had the stuffed artichoke and it was one of the best we have ever had(even better then the ones we make) and then we had pizza and it was like the pizza we had in Italy. It was wonderful. We are looking forward to going back on our next trip!