WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
New Jersey
“Bring us your tired, your old, your return guests”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a twenty year old resort that is just beginning to show a little wear here and there. At this point it is just little things, like some of the towels were threadbare, or the worst ham and cheese sandwich ever at the on-premises Deli. These detractions are easily forgotten because of the beautiful white coral beach (stays cooler than New Jersey sand) and the attractive pool. These are reason enough to want to come back. I found the rest of the on-premises food to be tasteless, although the serving staff was top notch. The resort caters to an older crowd (many seemed to be time share owners who have returned year after year) The pool bar stays open until 11:00 PM, but the place is fairly empty in the evenings. Beautiful sunsets from my room balcony and great views of the facility. It is a low key existence, and if that is your preference this is your place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FamilyMan13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Finnish first
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was in Aruba from 19-29 April and this was my first visit to the country. Below are my thoughts and recommendations.
1. I stayed at the Divi Phoenix Beach in the high rise district. The place and the staff were very nice. I would stay there again. Good beach and within walking distance to a lot of restaurants in the high rise district.
2. I rented a car from the airport for the 7 days from Budget. I had no issues with the car or Budget, but if I was to do it all over, I would take a taxi from the airport and just rent a car from the hotel/high rise hotel area for days I wanted to sight see. The cost is cheaper, plus most days you can get by with a compact car; however, you will want a jeep for the natural pool and the national park.
3. I put about 500 miles on the car during the week sightseeing. It was good to have a car and do this at my own pace rather than by tour. Most of the streets and roads are not identified by name or numbers as they are on a map, so navigating your way around can be challenging.
4. Try to go to the Donkey Sanctuary if you can. Good people trying to help the animals. If you want to donate you can or you don’t have to. The choice is yours.
5. The Tuesday night Bon Bini festival at the Radisson hotel in the high rise district was good. I definitely recommend it. The staff at the Radisson was very friendly.
6. The staff at the Hyatt Hotel in the high rise district need some customer service training. The casino player’s club card staff were unable to enter my member info as one had to leave at 3pm and the other had to go to training. They told me to come back. Really? I loss money in a casino, but not theirs because of that.
7. The beer making tour at the Balaschi plant isn’t happening for a few months as the plant is being updated. The beer itself and Chill are good.
8. The island has very beautiful beaches.
9. The food is expensive, but not as expensive as other places I have been to.
10. I felt very safe on the island.
11. Aruba to me is one of those places that either people love and go back over and over or you visit the island once and move on. I am the latter of the two as I like the Cayman’s more, but I enjoyed my visit to the island.

Room Tip: Stayed in the older building. It needs updating, but definitely don't use that as a reason to n...
2 Thank GEC1069
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Fourth time to aruba, third time at Divi. This place is so relaxing, the staff so friendly, especially waiters Jay-Ar and Rafael and the waitress at Pure Ocean Rizqua. The grounds are very clean, the rooms are very comfortable (upgrade sofa bed maybe). A minor complaint is they promise 4pm check in, that hasn't happened yet, but it is a mad house there on saturdays. The islands wildlife is a nice blend for the beach front scenery, location is minutes from everywhere. I couldn't gripe about anything if I wanted too. Can't wait for next trip.

Room Tip: Try the Saturday BBQ at Pure Ocean.
1 Thank BrianDillonBoxing
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

The best ever!!!!! The suite we stayed in was incredibly beautiful and clean with ocean views to die for!!!. The beach is truly steps away and the swim-up bar at the pool was so much fun. The staff are all super friendly and very helpful, I cant remember all the names, but Manly, Diego, Gloria and the best bartender ever, Jude were outstanding!!! Thank you Divi Aruba Phoenix!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Mary B
Holiday, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Besides being on a great island... Aruba... and a wonderful beach location, the staff is probably the friendliest and most professional I have come across in many of our travels. The staff goes out of its way to make the client happy, comfortable, and welcome.

From the time you arrive until you depart the staff does nothing but make your stay the best possible. This starts w/ Clyde the Bellman, thru all of the front desk, the housekeepers and up to the management. All were great!!

Stop by the "Pure Beach" bar and say hello to Jude who makes the absolute best "Long Island Ice Tea" in the business.

Room Tip: There are all ocean view rooms.. you have three choices of buildings, towers one and two and beach v...
2 Thank KerryHoliday
Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

As an owner at the Phoenix I can say that I am extremely happy with all the improvements over the last year. The FREE Wi-Fi was a little slow at times but it got the job done.The management staff is more than accommodating, especially Clyde, Avril, & Pedro. My only concern was the water quality of the pools it was cloudy and a lot of debris.

Room Tip: Any room in the Villa is a great room.
2 Thank Bill C
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

We recently stayed at the Divi Phoenix for the second time and were extremely happy with our room and the hotel generally. We stayed in a one-bedroom, two-bathroom suite, which was perfect for me, my husband and our daughters (6 years old and 11 months old). The room had a full kitchen (but no oven, which was fine) so we bought groceries at the nearby supermarket to eat some meals in our unit. The hotel is located a 10-minute walk away from several restaurants and shops. The staff was friendly, the pool was well maintained and we had no issues reserving an umbrella every morning by the pool. The beach there is also beautiful. We rented a car for a couple of days from a Hertz representative in the lobby, which was very convenient. I only have a couple of minor criticisms. On the first day we ate lunch at Pure Beach, the casual restaurant at the hotel, and the food was tasteless. We did not eat there again, nor did we venture over to Pure Ocean, the fancier restaurant. Also, my daughter and I participated in the kids' scavenger hunt: it started late, was terribly disorganized and lasted way too long. Overall we loved our stay there and will certainly return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family