I was in Aruba from 19-29 April and this was my first visit to the country. Below are my thoughts and recommendations.
1. I stayed at the Divi Phoenix Beach in the high rise district. The place and the staff were very nice. I would stay there again. Good beach and within walking distance to a lot of restaurants in the high rise district.
2. I rented a car from the airport for the 7 days from Budget. I had no issues with the car or Budget, but if I was to do it all over, I would take a taxi from the airport and just rent a car from the hotel/high rise hotel area for days I wanted to sight see. The cost is cheaper, plus most days you can get by with a compact car; however, you will want a jeep for the natural pool and the national park.
3. I put about 500 miles on the car during the week sightseeing. It was good to have a car and do this at my own pace rather than by tour. Most of the streets and roads are not identified by name or numbers as they are on a map, so navigating your way around can be challenging.
4. Try to go to the Donkey Sanctuary if you can. Good people trying to help the animals. If you want to donate you can or you don’t have to. The choice is yours.
5. The Tuesday night Bon Bini festival at the Radisson hotel in the high rise district was good. I definitely recommend it. The staff at the Radisson was very friendly.
6. The staff at the Hyatt Hotel in the high rise district need some customer service training. The casino player’s club card staff were unable to enter my member info as one had to leave at 3pm and the other had to go to training. They told me to come back. Really? I loss money in a casino, but not theirs because of that.
7. The beer making tour at the Balaschi plant isn’t happening for a few months as the plant is being updated. The beer itself and Chill are good.
8. The island has very beautiful beaches.
9. The food is expensive, but not as expensive as other places I have been to.
10. I felt very safe on the island.
11. Aruba to me is one of those places that either people love and go back over and over or you visit the island once and move on. I am the latter of the two as I like the Cayman’s more, but I enjoyed my visit to the island.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Divi Phoenix Beach Hotel
- Hotel Divi Phoenix Beach
- Aruba Phoenix
- Aruba Divi Phoenix
- Divi Phoenix Aruba
- Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort Palm - Eagle Beach