“ARUBA VACATION AT DIVI ARUBA PHOENIX”

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Reviewed July 17, 2013

we found the service there pertaining to any problem fixed immediatly.people very friendly at the hotel.room was beautiful and well kept.it was a very relaxing vacation at divi and i would recommend it to anyone who wishes to go to aruba.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lorraine S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,818)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Divi Phoenix in Aruba from June 28-July 6, 2013. We must commend the outstanding hotel staff, all of whom are hospitable and personable. This includes everyone from the front door, front desk, concierge and housekeeping.

The rooms are spacious with great views of the ocean. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. However as others have commented, the musky odor is overwhelming. This is particularly concerning considering we were in the newer tower. Whereas the front desk was provided deodorizers to mask the odor, it would be more advantageous to identify and eradicate the source of the problem. The room has two large bathrooms with walk-in showers and a Jacuzzi tub. Unfortunately, we found the water temperature to be too lukewarm. We finally had hot water on the fifth day of our stay.

Unlike other resorts, there is no available complimentary Wi-Fi anywhere on site. The $50 weekly rate to purchase Wi-Fi is reasonable, but be advised that it is applicable only to one device. Additionally, the resort’s inability to provide resources to complete airport check in, pay for luggage and print a boarding pass is s a bit concerning.

The Pure Beach Restaurant had to be the single most disappointing aspect.
Pro: Jo-Nar (wait-staff)

Con: Everything else. Slow service; inattentive staff, mediocre, cold and unseasoned food. It is pretty bad when guests at other hotels cautioned others to avoid Pure Beach. No good for PR......

Pure Ocean is a better option with attentive staff and better service.

While the overall experience was positive, a few modifications would have made the visit exceptional. For future visits, I will read reviews to determine if there is resolution of some of the problems, particularly thei odor, before electing to return to Divi Phoenix.

Room Tip: High floors for unobstructed view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AMW48309
Reviewed July 15, 2013

just got back from Aruba and stayed at the Divi Phoenix Beach Resort for the best week ever! We will diff be back and stay here! We were a party of 4 adults. I personally don't reccomend Aruba for little kids, I could see issues with the wind/sand and kids, wouldn't want to deal with that all vaca.... If you don't care what your hair looks like or sand blowing on you at the beach, then this is the place for you!!! This resort is tops, loved the towel service for the beach.. Everything was kept clean daily. Always was able to find shade and chairs. The room was great we were in a two story with spiral staircase. Not reccomende for elderly or kids, even though they had a gate at the top. Could use some more directions on how the water in shower and tubs work. Do not count on the washer and dryer, it is a combo and doesn't dry well at all....I will still rate this as #1 resort. I have traveled well and compared this Island with many others and this is by far the best! Only rent a car for 2-3 days. save some bucks on the cab..doesn't take long to drive around the island then plan your tours you want to go on. We seen lots of stuff in 3 days. We did the "aruba off road adventure" tour guide Ivo, good christian man was great along with his drivers. A must do on the island.... Also did some snorkeling... Everything was great!!

Room Tip: be aware if it is a unit with spiral stairs.. get info on how to use water in showers and tubs. don...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Suzi T
Reviewed July 15, 2013

July 14, 2013: We learned of Divi through RCI and traded a 3 bedroom unit from Hilton Head Island for a studio at Divi....hated doing it but it was the only thing available. Me, my wife and 15 year old son fit snugly in the unit but it was fine. Full kitchen with standard fridge and 4 small burners on the stove. No oven. only one level of heat on the burners...High! made it a challenge to cook. Microwave was fine. kitchen sink backed up some times but no big problem. A/C was great. Bed was hard and the sofa bed was OK. TV was great. Bathroom was small but fine. Toilet paper was hard and single ply...had to buy some we liked.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Sergie is the concierge and set us up for dinner at Flying Fishbone (gotta do this! tables on the beach near water...great food..get the Mahi!). We also did a snorkel trip...good as well. Get a rental car. Free parking at resort and can explore island on your own time. We chartered a fishing trip with the Teaser Charter and caught a 250 lb blue marlin! Capt. Milton is your man.... Pool was awesome as was the pool bar. Food at Purebeach was superb! Beach scene was a dream! clean and plenty of chairs/loungers. Get out there early to secure a grass umbrella area. resort gives you two towels per guest...just put your towel on the chairs and you are good to go for later. water is too murky for snorkeling...have to go on snorkel trip to find fish and clear water. Many beach activities available, banana boat, tubing, para sail etc.

VERY WINDY all week.....STRONG winds sometimes blew sand up to sting your body on beach. made us go to the pool a few times.

I lost my phone at the natural bridge but it was turned in and the police returned it to me... very lucky and nice folks.

Didn't know that most of Aruba is like a desert! cactus everywhere when you leave the resort areas.

Room Tip: Studio too small for more than 3 persons I think.
1  Thank mark p
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I just got back from my 10th trip to Aruba. Last year I stayed at the Divi Golf and Beach Resort, which was nice, but I found the Divi Phoenix to be a little bit better. The Phoenix is more quaint as the pools and ocean are closer to the hotel. The hotel is right on the beach, so you don't have to cross the street to get to it. I spent most of my time on the beach. The pools were nice, but never made it in. Both restaurants were very good. They have a casual restaurant named Pure Beach which serves lunch and dinner and Pure Ocean, which serves breakfast and dinner. The food was really good. The only thing that I didn't like was that I had issues getting internet service while staying there. I paid for the service, but was still unable to connect. Other than that, I really loved the hotel. The staff was great. Check in and out was faster than at the Divi Golf and Beach. I would definitely stay here again. My room was nice. It had a stove, refrigerator and living room, which was more than enough room for my niece and I. It is a stones throw away from the Butterfly farm, and a 15 minute walk to shops and restaurants. Great location.

1  Thank teachertalk
Reviewed July 12, 2013

If sardine-can like beach conditions with overpriced, under-tasted food at the "Captain's Galley" and running to a pool chair with your tag at 4:30 are for you, GO stay at Marriott Surf Club! YES, they HAVE bar service at the beach...well if waiting over an hour for a warm melted drink is what you're looking for. Hey, you can always go to the RIU where you'll get a preview of your afterlife if you elect a mausoleum!

Let's go to an island and stay at a chain like the Westin, Hyatt, Radisson or worse, Holiday Inn! May as well be in Palm Beach, CA or Palm Beach, FL than Aruba.

SIXTEEN TIMES in Aruba in seven years with the ability to stay ANYWHERE I'd like. WHY do I keep going back to the Phoenix? Because I've stayed at the other resorts when first visiting the island. Now I was at the Phoenix at the same time as some of these reviewers and I didn't see anything like what they reported!

RUDE Bellman? Are you kidding? Tips are how these people make their living and if anything, these people bend over backwards. My guess would be RUDE Tourist. Do people try to grab the carts to AVOID having to tip the bellman? Sure they do, but if you're nickel and diming it out of the gate, you must have been one of those people who asked:

"Is there a charge for a glass of water?"
"Do we have to pay to use the grill"?

I've stayed in nothing but the nicest units, never smelled mold in tower or villa, never received slow service at the pool bar or heard any complaints for that matter. Instead, this time around, i encountered a group of intoxicated World Cup fans who didn't seem to like the team from Spain too much, and who also may or may not have walked away with a few brand new pairs of sandals left by the wading pool with lounge chairs for clearly longer than they should have been. This never happened during prior years, nor was I as aware of the number of people ordering drinks at the pool bar and charging them to SOMEONE ELSE'S room.

Resort staff had their hands full, that's for sure, but always made time to make sure my daughter and I were enjoying ourselves. Yes, there are timeshare tours but they aren't hardsell at all since they don't have to be. I spoke to one nice man who ended up purchasing a penthouse so his children and grandchildren could come.

After reading the negative reviews of the SAME time I was there, I can just say "REALLY?"

Go ahead. Book at the Marriott or Riu next time, but don't say you weren't warned!

Room Tip: It's up to the individual. I prefer the Penthouse. Others may prefer ground level by the pool by...
7  Thank IrishMom91562
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Place is very dirty and needs updating. Had bad allergic reaction on skin due to mold and mildew. My son had trouble breathing it was so bad. After 2 hours they finally showed us a newer room that was nice but it still had a musky smell, we eventually had to check into another resort.
Outside grounds and restaurant were the only nice part. But it was crowded and our towels were stolen the very 1st day. I would not recommend this. RCI has this rated as gold resort it is anything but gold. The gym facilities are also in need of repair as well. The evening staff at check in were rude, and lied to us and try to take our money to get a better room. They ripped off several other families upon check in - don't book here.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay anywhere in this resort
6  Thank lisam61666
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
3 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!